Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2021, 08:00 AM   #1
ovary
Ownz

Default wretched cinematographer condemned by the hand of cowboy costume alec baldwin TO HELL

lol wut

Old 10-22-2021, 12:44 PM   #2
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

I've been saying for years we needed to put him behind bars for the protection of society, but everyone's been like "Oh, but it's so funny when he plays Trump" or "He was just so lol epic on 30 Rock" or whatever. We've known forever that he's unhinged and dangerous. And now a woman has paid the ultimate price. Let this be the beginning of the Great Celebrity Supermax Roundup.

Old 10-22-2021, 03:29 PM   #3
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

OG Alec Baldwin killin' women in hell forever

Old 10-22-2021, 05:38 PM   #4
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Way to really pull a John Landis, bozo.

Old 10-22-2021, 06:42 PM   #5
ovary
Ownz

Hours before actor Alec Baldwin fatally shot a cinematographer on the New Mexico set of “Rust” with a prop gun, a half-dozen camera crew workers walked off the set to protest working conditions.

The camera operators and their assistants were frustrated by the conditions surrounding the low-budget film, including complaints of long hours, long commutes and collecting their paychecks, according to three people familiar with the matter who were not authorized to comment.

Old 10-22-2021, 07:24 PM   #6
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

be that if it may, if true, but it's not an actor's fault for not being privy to what's inside what is supposed to be a prop gun. i read he was a producer, though.

/googles 'what do producers do'

Old 10-22-2021, 07:50 PM   #7
Shallowed
Braindead

would have been weird for the crew that walked off when they heard that Alec shot and killed someone

like woah he's mad

Old 10-22-2021, 07:59 PM   #8
ovary
Ownz

i bet he takes a manslaughter charge. hard to imagine a scenario not involving negligence at the least.

Old 10-22-2021, 08:01 PM   #9
ovary
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
be that if it may, if true, but it's not an actor's fault for not being privy to what's inside what is supposed to be a prop gun. i read he was a producer, though.

/googles 'what do producers do'
they use real guns with blanks. actor or not, loaded or not, if you're holding a gun it's your responsibility to not point it at someone and pull the trigger

shrug i wonder why i am so invested in this of all pop culture narrtives but i am indeed intrigued

Old 10-22-2021, 08:32 PM   #10
Disco King
Minion of Satan

"The actor is a co-producer of the film and plays its namesake, an outlaw whose 13-year-old grandson is convicted of manslaughter."

I don't think he understands method-acting. His grandson is supposed to commit manslaughter.

Old 10-22-2021, 11:14 PM   #11
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
they use real guns with blanks. actor or not, loaded or not, if you're holding a gun it's your responsibility to not point it at someone and pull the trigger
even if part of the scene? ... i bet you like a lot a movies where a gun gets pointed at someone and the trigger is pulled

actors are not technicians or whoever is responsible for guns on set

Old 10-23-2021, 01:56 AM   #12
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

This made me remember Brandon Lee's death during the filming of "the crow". Not a dissimilar incident. Worth reading for anybody blaming Alec for this:

Quote:
In the film shoot preceding the fatal scene, the prop gun (which was a real revolver) was loaded with improperly-made dummy rounds, improvised from live cartridges that had the powder charges removed by the special effects crew, so in close-ups the revolver would show normal-looking ammunition. However, the crew neglected to remove the primers from the cartridges, and at some point before the fatal event, one of the rounds had been fired. Although there were no powder charges, the energy from the ignited primer was enough to separate the bullet from the casing and push it part-way into the gun barrel, where it got stuck — a dangerous condition known as a squib load. During the fatal scene, which called for the revolver to be fired at Lee from a distance of 3.6–4.5 meters (12–15 ft), the dummy cartridges were replaced with blank rounds, which contained a powder charge and the primer, but no solid bullet, allowing the gun to be fired with sound and flash effects without the risk of an actual projectile. However, the gun was not properly checked and cleared before the blank was fired, and the dummy bullet previously lodged in the barrel was then propelled forward by the blank's propellant and shot out the muzzle with almost the same force as if the round were live, striking Lee in the abdomen.[99][100]

Old 10-23-2021, 11:18 AM   #13
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post

shrug i wonder why i am so invested in this of all pop culture narrtives but i am indeed intrigued
what **** said...

Also, guns don't need to be pointed directly at someone to kill them. A slug can be deflected. People have been killed by shell casings. Etc.

It seems like by now there would be a safer prop gun option... instead of using real guns with blanks.

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 10-23-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Old 10-23-2021, 01:30 PM   #14
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

they just need to switch to 100% CGI for the boom/flash effect. not worth the risk of incidents like this.

dunno if anyone will face charges but obviously there will be civil damages. hard to judge without knowing more about what happened.

obviously the two people shot are those hurt the most, but Baldwin will obviously suffer as well. can't imagine what it must feel like to shoot and kill someone accidentally

the news is saying that there were issues with the prop gun before and people had walked off because of it. if that is true it the incident might be more likely to lead to involuntary mansluaghter charges

Old 10-23-2021, 06:43 PM   #15
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

No CGI is not realistic I am fine with ppl getting shot dead as long as I get my immersive entertainment

Old 10-23-2021, 07:27 PM   #16
Shallowed
Braindead

such is life

Old 10-23-2021, 07:48 PM   #17
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
such is life

Old 10-23-2021, 07:50 PM   #18
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
they just need to switch to 100% CGI for the boom/flash effect. not worth the risk of incidents like this.

dunno if anyone will face charges but obviously there will be civil damages. hard to judge without knowing more about what happened.

obviously the two people shot are those hurt the most, but Baldwin will obviously suffer as well. can't imagine what it must feel like to shoot and kill someone accidentally

the news is saying that there were issues with the prop gun before and people had walked off because of it. if that is true it the incident might be more likely to lead to involuntary mansluaghter charges
i would say that the dead one is hurt the most but one can't feel pain in death (i think) so i suppose the injured guy is the one hurting most. baldwin must feel like shit, though. good thing his PR crew got him to make a statement--otherwise he might've looked like an insensitive jag

Old 10-24-2021, 06:05 AM   #19
buzzard
Minion of Satan

The only way to stop a bad prop guy with a gun is with a good prop guy with a gun.

Old 10-24-2021, 01:14 PM   #20
yo soy el mejor

Old 10-25-2021, 01:22 AM   #21
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i would say that the dead one is hurt the most but one can't feel pain in death (i think) so i suppose the injured guy is the one hurting most.
Yeah, this incident kinda made me think how it's a little strange that the whole world is making this front headline news, whereas when i.e Uma Thurman basically had her life wrecked by Quentin Tarantino after he insisted she do a drive stunt she clearly wasn't comfortable with at all and got her badly banged up + refused to give her footage of it for a decade after, yet he is still a widely celebrated figure and without a stain on his career. And I'm not even talking about him being one of the most prolific beneficiaries of Harvey Weinstein, which you never really heard him say a word about either, despite him clearly being very much privy to it all along. Personally I think the guy's a grade-A creep and has been hiding in plain sight for the entirety of his career. I could write an essay about it but I won't right now.

Anyway, RIP Alec Baldwin.

Old 10-25-2021, 10:44 AM   #22
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Yeah, Tarantino is undeniably a creep

Old 10-25-2021, 10:57 AM   #23
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I know that it pretty much destroyed the guy who shot Brandon Lee. Think he eventually returned to acting but it took him years to deal with the guilt. He wasn't charged with anything, so I suspect Baldwin won't, either.

Would not be surprised if the idiot rookie armorer got charged, though.

Can't find the article I was reading, but apparently there had already been two previous incidents on this set, thanks to her, where a loaded gun was accidentally fired.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:41 AM   #24
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

how the fuck does live ammo get onto the movie set? WTF?

in Brandon Lee's case he was killed by a piece of a shell that was lodged in the gun. When a blank was fired it pushed the shell from the previous round out of the barrel.

firing blanks is still dangerous.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:10 PM   #25
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I know that it pretty much destroyed the guy who shot Brandon Lee. Think he eventually returned to acting but it took him years to deal with the guilt. He wasn't charged with anything, so I suspect Baldwin won't, either.

Would not be surprised if the idiot rookie armorer got charged, though.

Can't find the article I was reading, but apparently there had already been two previous incidents on this set, thanks to her, where a loaded gun was accidentally fired.
looks like when it happened they were rehearsing a scene where he had to point the gun at the camera....

Old 10-25-2021, 01:25 PM   #26
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Lightbulb

Still can't find that article I was reading, but the live ammo was present because, between filming, the armorer and a few other folks liked to shoot target practice with the guns being used in the movie. This fucking moron. Also, apparently she handed the gun to Baldwin and shouted "Cold!" meaning she'd checked it, as she's supposed to do every single time, and she had of course not checked it.

I'd just say I hope she never works again, but this was only her second time being an armorer, having flunked out of three or four other careers before this, so I'm sure she'll just fail upward into some other line of work. I guess I hope she's charged and never allowed around guns again.

Old 10-25-2021, 01:51 PM   #27
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU EVER LOAD LIVE AMMO INTO A PROP GUN LIKE THAT OMG WTF

Old 10-25-2021, 03:53 PM   #28
Cool As Ice Cream

if that is true...

Old 10-25-2021, 04:27 PM   #29
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

everything on the internet is true isn't it?

Old 10-25-2021, 05:53 PM   #30
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

the real reason is that IATSE (stagehands and production people union) is on strike in various locations around the country and this goofy armorer was a strikebreaker