Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
Caine Walker
Braindead

Unhappy kicking a roommate out

a little bit of history:

before i moved in, i was starting to become pretty good friends with this girl. we got to know each other fairly well, and have had some really great conversations about life, relationships, blah blah fucking blah. well, unbeknownst to me, my landlord had all kinds of problems with her paying late, giving him the runaround about the reasons for it, people moving in and out with no notice before i moved in, etc. from what he tells me, he was ready to evict her and my other friend who was living with her. but i took over handling the rent, and we've established a really good owner/tenant relationship. the other roommate and i get along famously, and i really enjoy living with him... things were fine for a while. we had normal roommate *issues* here and there, but nothing intolerable. but none of the latter has to do the blatant irresponsibility that has shot to the surface of the girl's every day living...

now she doesn't bother to give me rent on time, and this month opted to just not pay it at all. rather than let me handle it, effectively saving her ass, she insisted on talking to the landlord directly thinking everything would be just fucking peachy. well, now the landlord is angry as hell, and has demanded that she leave. fine by me, but he won't talk to her about it, insisting that i can do it. >_< at this point, she still doesn't know that she's being *evicted*.

there are some complications as well: she was there first, she and the other roommate were friends first, and worst of all, she has metamorphasized into one of the angriest, trainwreck drunks i've ever seen. i can't talk to her about anything without her immediately becoming defensive and generally snapping back with "quit judging me."

things are so tense in our place that we can't all be in the same room together.... i clearly have the upper hand with the landlord and roommate on my side, but i'm getting concerned about how this is going to play out once she realizes that she has no ground to stand on. or apartment to live in. or any friends left...