Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2020, 01:39 PM   #61
thedeadofnight
Ownz

Honestly? Probably Astral Planes. The way them song starts with and riff with the probably best tone on the album and since Machina and that the lyrics going like "every single person in the world needs to gather around and let me say this clearly, wahm yahh sawl." I thing them it doesn't done it music good down there. Down there.

Old 12-22-2020, 01:50 PM   #62
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

When Billy sings “I will be bran flakes” in The Celestials, that hits the heart strings

Old 12-22-2020, 03:03 PM   #63
Green Eyes
Demi-God

Probably Lazy Eye.

Old 03-14-2021, 02:23 AM   #64
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post
Probably the unreleased Machina tracks are the only thing that still resonates with me in a nostalgic way. I transferred the mp3's to cassette and that's how I listened to them back in the day. Slow Dawn, Vanity, Go, This Time.

Having learnt more about Billy, I now view classic 90's SP as an aesthetic rather than an artist baring their soul. It has killed a lot of the connection I had with the music. galapagos, 33, stumbleine still hit I guess.
speaking of souls, i think for my soul i have to pretend that it's in earnest

i'm too much of a nerd about music in the barest sense, i can't take the fact that he wrote lyrics or jimmy tuned his drums a certain way just to get on the radio, or whatever the fuck

~~

why does it feel okay whenever an actor on a show makes you cry, even tho it's just acting, but this feels wrong?

Old 03-14-2021, 05:48 AM   #65
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
speaking of souls, i think for my soul i have to pretend that it's in earnest

i'm too much of a nerd about music in the barest sense, i can't take the fact that he wrote lyrics or jimmy tuned his drums a certain way just to get on the radio, or whatever the fuck

~~

why does it feel okay whenever an actor on a show makes you cry, even tho it's just acting, but this feels wrong?
ram cmon that music doesnt even belong to big willie, really, he just channeled it for u and for me

and cmon ram he definitely felt some of a lot of the early run stuff. the child abuse lyrics especially are so cutting that u can't deny that it comes from inside. shit when they did the 2018 tour and brought back the photo montage of lil abused big willie, holy shit, i wept right there in the god damn theater.

let yourself have this, ram. fuck big willie. it's yours, now

Old 03-14-2021, 06:16 AM   #66
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Today.