Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #121
Eulogy
huh

And it fucking baffles me that a clear abuser is getting a pass because he made a half ass attempt to kill himself.

He was never going to do it. Why else would he give everyone his family's fucking Rolodex. This was done maliciously to get back at his wife.

I said it. I might regret it.

I hope he gets help. Ugh.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:53 PM   #122
Eulogy
huh

"Why didn't you just tell me?"

Probably because she was concerned for her life or yours. Uggggh fuck this is more awful today than it was yesterday.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:54 PM   #123
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
in the context of meeting another human being amongst mutual friends and having a conversation. I am close with people within his circle of close friends. which would make me a casual acquaintance. hope that info helps your brain.
Yeah, that has been invaluable. Does he come across as a decent chap?

Old 02-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #124
noyen
Immortal

being a sick, depressed and out of control person does not make one a scumbag. I can see what issue you're hung up. so go out and do something to do something good with how bothered you are on the subject of hitting a woman. if that's the top concern for you out of this ordeal, good. he is a human and he admitted to this/attempted to apologize for it in an even sicker state of mind. when he didn't have to. was he justifying it, sure. that's pretty clear. just as one will justify breaking any law be it jaywalking to murder, it's going to happen. unfortunately it now being picked apart and people are indeed shaming him more, telling him to try again. if that's what would make things right for hitting her, i highly disagree. this is an interesting thread. i personally hope all involved seek help and all move on with their lives. there's shaming to do on all sides, obviously.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:59 PM   #125
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
"Why didn't you just tell me?"

Probably because she was concerned for her life or yours. Uggggh fuck this is more awful today than it was yesterday.
where are you getting insight as to who either of them are as humans and the complexities of their marriage, love or hate for each other?

Old 02-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #126
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah Moon View Post
Yeah, that has been invaluable. Does he come across as a decent chap?
yes, he does to me. more than just decent. someone special.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #127
Eulogy
huh

It's not about him hitting her. Jesus Christ. Read the fucking note!

Old 02-14-2015, 01:02 PM   #128
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
where are you getting insight as to who either of them are as humans and the complexities of their marriage, love or hate for each other?
No, I'm done with this shit. I honestly don't care that you knew him.

I don't want him to die, obviously. But that is one of the most disturbing things I have ever read.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:03 PM   #129
Eulogy
huh

I'm getting my insight from the fucking words he wrote and told us all to read. Goddamn.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:03 PM   #130
noyen
Immortal

I'm not interested in working myself up in a rage over your comments to read something that you think is so apparent that I can't see it. If you want to turn this to insulting me, go ahead buddy. Have a great life.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:05 PM   #131
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
No, I'm done with this shit. I honestly don't care that you knew him.

I don't want him to die, obviously. But that is one of the most disturbing things I have ever read.
I did not ask you to care that I knew him. Go be done with it then. Leave me out of your rage. I am sorry for your sheltered life if it is one of the most disturbing things you've read.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:05 PM   #132
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
I'm not interested in working myself up in a rage over your comments to read something that you think is so apparent that I can't see it. If you want to turn this to insulting me, go ahead buddy. Have a great life.
I don't want to insult you. But your personal connection to him seems to me to be blinding you to some horrific shit.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:06 PM   #133
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
I did not ask you to care that I knew him. Go be done with it then. Leave me out of your rage. I am sorry for your sheltered life if it is one of the most disturbing things you've read.
Oh for the love of fuck the reason it disturbs me is because I have worked with a lot of DV victims

Old 02-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #134
Eulogy
huh

Don't assume I'm sheltered because I think a guy you know is a textbook abuser.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:11 PM   #135
noyen
Immortal

not interested. im not here to defend or blame anyone. im not doing that. If you think I am somehow, okay. I can live with that. because I care about his life too, as well as his wife who he hit and even the man that she apparently cheated with. i think they are all suffering in different ways. And I have not taken a side nor do I have intimate details that would absolve one of doing something horrible. All of it is horrible and disgusting. I just don't think he is the scumbag you do. That's all. I'm okay with you being not okay with that. I'll fucking live.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:13 PM   #136
Eulogy
huh

You keep bringing up the physical thing which is obviously abhorrent, but it seems like you're ignoring how disturbing everything else is. If you take out the fact that he hit her this is still scary.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #137
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Oh for the love of fuck the reason it disturbs me is because I have worked with a lot of DV victims
Wait.. you attempt to call me out as defending someone because of being a casual acquaintance and having concern is somehow blinding me yet you throw out that your blind rage is because of YOU and your personal connection to something that is only part of the horror of this story. okay.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:15 PM   #138
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Wait.. you attempt to call me out as defending someone because of being a casual acquaintance and having concern is somehow blinding me yet you throw out that your blind rage is because of YOU and your personal connection to something that is only part of the horror of this story. okay.
Your connection is to an offender. Mine is to victims. It's obviously not the same.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #139
Eulogy
huh

And this isn't "blind rage." It's carefully considered.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:17 PM   #140
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
You keep bringing up the physical thing which is obviously abhorrent, but it seems like you're ignoring how disturbing everything else is. If you take out the fact that he hit her this is still scary.
You have no idea how I feel. I think it is disgusting he hit her or was capable of doing such a thing. I have no doubt even his closest friends cringed horribly reading every word in the note. You're creating arguments. Okay. Go ahead and do that. That's good. I am not saying your rage is invalid. It is valid. it is all a mess.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:18 PM   #141
Eulogy
huh

And also I was rebutting the idea that i feel the way I do because I'm sheltered

I like you, noyen. But jesus fuck.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:18 PM   #142
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Your connection is to an offender. Mine is to victims. It's obviously not the same.
so you assume I know nothing of victims? have I ever been a victim of violence? I have. I am not a woman. I am not defending any of his actions. He is sick.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:20 PM   #143
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
so you assume I know nothing of victims? have I ever been a victim of violence? I have. I am not a woman. I am not defending any of his actions. He is sick.
I didn't say that.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:24 PM   #144
noyen
Immortal

I'm done okay. You win. I agree. I'll bounce from your board. It's been fun. I hope the discussion sheds light on all the ugliness that can only be seen or understood here, doing this.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:24 PM   #145
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

It must be nice to live in Eulogys black and white binary world where everything is 100% right or wrong.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:30 PM   #146
Eulogy
huh

Lol what

Old 02-14-2015, 01:31 PM   #147
Eulogy
huh

If you guys wanna bend over backwards to defend him go right ahead.

I will repeat that I'm glad he's alive and I hope he gets the help he needs.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:31 PM   #148
Eulogy
huh

And suicide prevention is important.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #149
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
If you guys wanna bend over backwards to defend him go right ahead.

I will repeat that I'm glad he's alive and I hope he gets the help he needs.
There is a difference between defending and simply not attacking. Again you and your binary world view.

I'm not about to pass judgement on a man who is obviously mentally ill and appears to have been in a step decline for a very long time.

Was hitting her wrong, yes.

Is there some truly evil fucked up shit in the note, yes.

Am I going to scream from the rafters like you are about how evil he is, no.

He's having a clear mental crisis and I know basically none of the facts.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:37 PM   #150
Eulogy
huh

All I said was that there was truly evil fucked up shit in the note. So. ?

I should not have conjectured that it wasn't a legitimate attempt. I said I would regret that and I do.