Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2022, 05:14 AM   #1
behived
Pledge

Default Billy screaming compilation

I could not find a reference to this youtube video on Netphoria, but someone made a compilation of Billy screaming on stage...

Old 06-22-2022, 02:53 PM   #2
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

I'm sure that's great and all, but I'd rather watch a compilation of Billy screaming when lil' Jupe hits him in the shin with a baseball bat signed by Eddie Collins, when he slips on a freshly mopped floor in Zuzu's and knocks over a wall of tea paraphernalia, when he finally hobbles out the door of the cafe and immediately slips three times in a row on the ice he'd specifically ordered one of the employees to clear earlier that day, etc., etc.

Old 06-23-2022, 05:03 AM   #3
TheSultanOfCyr
Ownz

In my opinion Billy’s voice was at its peak during the Machina era. It had reached that happy medium of maintaining that snarl he had back in the day alongside ‘better’ vocal technique. Around the time of Machina, he was doing this really weird vocal thing with mixed voice, where instead of trailing off into vibrato like he does these days, he does this weird higher pitched, not quite falsetto thing - you can hear it really prominently on Age of Innocence, and in the attached live video. I really like it, certainly preferable to vibrato, and it gave Corgan a really unique voice during this period, shame he stopped singing like this!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VYy4v3rg7go

Old 06-23-2022, 06:28 AM   #4
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Si la reformation espérée et acclamée, autour des deux fondateurs Billy Corgan et Jimmy Chamberlin, des Smashing Pumpkins, a accouché d'un album salué (Zweitgeist), elle n'en a pas moins été éphémère. En mars 2009, le retrait définitif de Chamberlin, qui ne supportait plus de contribuer à quelque chose dont il n'était pas maître, abandonnait à l'homme-orchestre Corgan le fonds de commerce. Point barre. Mort du line-up originel de la formation de Chicago - à noter que Melissa auf der Maur arrive avec un projet solo ultra séduisant que nous vous présenterons bientôt...

Se retrouvant seul, Billy Corgan a toutefois souhaité continuer à faire vivre la marque de légende Smashing Pumpkins, et s'est mis en quête de renforts (parce qu'un groupe d'une personne, ça ne ressemble plus trop à un groupe). D'autant que, toujours aussi insatiable, le charismatique chauve avait des envies d'album que ce nouveau rebondissement n'a pas entamées.

Old 06-23-2022, 10:34 AM   #5
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Je suis sûr que c'est génial et tout, mais je préfère regarder une compilation de Billy hurlant quand le petit Jupe le frappe au tibia avec une batte de baseball signée par Eddie Collins, quand il glisse sur un sol fraîchement lavé chez Zuzu et frappe par-dessus un mur d'accessoires pour le thé, quand il sort finalement en boitillant de la porte du café et glisse immédiatement trois fois de suite sur la glace qu'il avait spécifiquement ordonné à l'un des employés de nettoyer plus tôt dans la journée, etc., etc.

Old 06-23-2022, 09:28 PM   #6
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSultanOfCyr View Post
In my opinion Billy’s voice was at its peak during the Machina era. It had reached that happy medium of maintaining that snarl he had back in the day alongside ‘better’ vocal technique. Around the time of Machina, he was doing this really weird vocal thing with mixed voice, where instead of trailing off into vibrato like he does these days, he does this weird higher pitched, not quite falsetto thing - you can hear it really prominently on Age of Innocence, and in the attached live video. I really like it, certainly preferable to vibrato, and it gave Corgan a really unique voice during this period, shame he stopped singing like this!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VYy4v3rg7go
totally agree on Machina era. was just listening to this while reading the thread:

cued: