Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: which?
Solaris 11 64.71%
Greek USA 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #361
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Arrow

Old 07-08-2019, 05:08 PM   #362
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

that could of gone in a pm to smashingjj

Old 07-08-2019, 05:08 PM   #363
FoolofaTook

Old 07-08-2019, 05:08 PM   #364
FoolofaTook

IS THAT ENOUGH QUALITY CONTROL FOR YA, BRAH?

Old 07-08-2019, 05:11 PM   #365
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
every morning i wake up, think with unbearable shame of all the stupid things i posted the day before, and resolve never to post on netphoria again.

twenty-five minutes later... here we are.
Welcome to my world

Old 07-08-2019, 05:15 PM   #366
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Well, America does have a long history of false-flag attacks... Have you guys ever researched the Gulf of Tonkin incident? If not, Google it... It makes ones head spin. Or more recently the Iraq con-job?

It's no wonder why segments of society don't believe a word of anything that's reported.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaFritz View Post
It is this sort of lazy relativity of information that is really the problem. Yes, Tonkin was a ruse de guerre, as were the WMDs in Iraq. And educated people knew it was bullshit going in, but such is geopolitics. Sandy Hook, on the other hand, was an actual school shooting. The US gov't and the media are not involved in, and never have been, with faking the murder of children. This is nothing more than right-wing conspiracy theory and hate mongering. These parents were receiving death threats. If anything, you should point your conspiracies towards the NRA and Infowars which actually have a vested economic interest in spreading lies about school shootings, so that they can sell guns and man meat powder to their delusional customers. They take advantage of people's suspicions to sow doubts about reality!
Yup. The government and elite interests have often throughout history acted villainously. There are plenty of real instances of gov't sanctioned conspiracies, killings, intimidation, and manipulation of the public in US history (also in all other history). There's plenty of this shit going on right now as well. Fuzzy however, is attracted to the most out-there, sensationalized bullshit narratives presented to him. He refuses to see all the real conspiracies and cabals, and instead perceives fantastical bogeymen around ever corner. It comes down to a shortcoming in critical thinking skills likely incurred by lack of access to meaningful or inspiring education, and that has led him on this lifelong feedback loop of disdain towards academic discourse, which of course ends in just not having honed the faculties necessary to make reasonable judgements about the likelihood of different narratives.

It's actually a shame because despite our community perception of fuzzy here, he's actually far more intellectually curious than the majority of Trump and right wing type guys out there. If he had a better ability to research, fact-check, and parse information, he might not have so many horrendous takes, but he also has an incredible amount of pride in his identity as an anti-intellectual, so who knows.

Bottom line is: fuzzyroes is a dude who looked at Donald Trump, a multibillionaire born into the .1% neoliberal elite class, a person with extensive corporate and government relationships around the world, including the Clintons, the mafia, Russian oligarchs, and foreign dictators, has a long and documented history of corruption, racism, bad business practices, and sexual misconduct, then runs a campaign uniting people around hatred of migrants and religious minorities....

and fuzzy looks at this guy and thinks, yes, yes this is the man to change things for the better. because he is convincing to me when he talks.

Quote:
Stop using homosexual rhetoric as an insult. It's offensive to the LBGTQ+ community
gtfo lmao

Old 07-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #367
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
you could just choose to not post any brainfart that comes into mind instead.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:22 PM   #368
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
this is all just a little too familiar, similar to a certain 1986 American "coming-of-age" film directed by Rob Reiner and starring Wil Wheaton... can't for the life of me think of the name though!

Old 07-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #369
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Yup. The government and elite interests have often throughout history acted villainously. There are plenty of real instances of gov't sanctioned conspiracies, killings, intimidation, and manipulation of the public in US history (also in all other history). There's plenty of this shit going on right now as well. Fuzzy however, is attracted to the most out-there, sensationalized bullshit narratives presented to him. He refuses to see all the real conspiracies and cabals, and instead perceives fantastical bogeymen around ever corner. It comes down to a shortcoming in critical thinking skills likely incurred by lack of access to meaningful or inspiring education, and that has led him on this lifelong feedback loop of disdain towards academic discourse, which of course ends in just not having honed the faculties necessary to make reasonable judgements about the likelihood of different narratives.

It's actually a shame because despite our community perception of fuzzy here, he's actually far more intellectually curious than the majority of Trump and right wing type guys out there. If he had a better ability to research, fact-check, and parse information, he might not have so many horrendous takes, but he also has an incredible amount of pride in his identity as an anti-intellectual, so who knows.

Bottom line is: fuzzyroes is a dude who looked at Donald Trump, a multibillionaire born into the .1% neoliberal elite class, a person with extensive corporate and government relationships around the world, including the Clintons, the mafia, Russian oligarchs, and foreign dictators, has a long and documented history of corruption, racism, bad business practices, and sexual misconduct, then runs a campaign uniting people around hatred of migrants and religious minorities....

and fuzzy looks at this guy and thinks, yes, yes this is the man to change things for the better. because he is convincing to me when he talks.

gtfo lmao
I have no illusions regarding Trump and his personal character, but it was clear to me and the rest of the electoral college that the system needed an outsider to come in and shake things up and whether you like Trump or not, he's certainly done that.

Though there's been a ton of drama and sensationalism that has taken place in regards to the reporting on Trump, if you look at his tenure so far, it's actually been quite a success. The economy is in great shape, jobs numbers have steadily grown, he's on the verge of a peace deal with North Korea (when everyone predicted Trump would lead to nuclear war with them)

Even if one doesn't like some of the things in Trump's agenda, I don't think anyone can argue that he's certainly performed a lot better than the majority of the naysayers predicted.

I will say though, the more I research Tulsi Gabbard, the more I like what she's about. She's been rallying against online censorship, she's stated that she'd pardon Julian Assange, Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden, is against fighting needless wars in the middle east at the behest of Israel. And I can tell she's the real deal because the media has been SMEARING her BIG TIME... The same way they dealt with Trump. That's a good indication to me that she's for real. If it came down to her facing off against Trump, I may be on team Tulsi.

But whatever man. The geopolitical discourse can be a little too heated these days, so I mostly try and avoid getting into it with people because it mostly just leads to discord.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:40 PM   #370
fuzzyroes
Banned

RBG, I must ask you, what's the deal with so few Liberals getting behind Tulsi? Out of the whole pack, she seems like the best candidate, bar-none. I really don't understand why she isn't more popular. What is it about her that is turning so many people off?

Is it just a case of the average American being out of touch and enslaved by the mainstream media?

Old 07-08-2019, 06:01 PM   #371
redbreegull

Quote:
I have no illusions regarding Trump and his personal character, but it was clear to me and the rest of the electoral college that the system needed an outsider to come in and shake things up and whether you like Trump or not, he's certainly done that.

Though there's been a ton of drama and sensationalism that has taken place in regards to the reporting on Trump, if you look at his tenure so far, it's actually been quite a success. The economy is in great shape, jobs numbers have steadily grown, he's on the verge of a peace deal with North Korea (when everyone predicted Trump would lead to nuclear war with them)

Even if one doesn't like some of the things in Trump's agenda, I don't think anyone can argue that he's certainly performed a lot better than the majority of the naysayers predicted.

I will say though, the more I research Tulsi Gabbard, the more I like what she's about. She's been rallying against online censorship, she's stated that she'd pardon Julian Assange, Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden, is against fighting needless wars in the middle east at the behest of Israel. And I can tell she's the real deal because the media has been SMEARING her BIG TIME... The same way they dealt with Trump. That's a good indication to me that she's for real. If it came down to her facing off against Trump, I may be on team Tulsi.

But whatever man. The geopolitical discourse can be a little too heated these days, so I mostly try and avoid getting into it with people because it mostly just leads to discord.
Trump has been an abject disaster for my country. He is destroying rule of law, eroding the courts, locking fucking kids up in cages. you are such a bootlicking piece of shit

Quote:
RBG, I must ask you, what's the deal with so few Liberals getting behind Tulsi? Out of the whole pack, she seems like the best candidate, bar-none. I really don't understand why she isn't more popular. What is it about her that is turning so many people off?

Is it just a case of the average American being out of touch and enslaved by the mainstream media?
no, it's a case of her being a weak candidate and you being completely out of touch with reality

Old 07-08-2019, 06:16 PM   #372
FoolofaTook

do you like aoc, breeg?

Old 07-08-2019, 06:20 PM   #373
fuzzyroes
Banned

del... Not gonna take the bait

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 07-08-2019 at 06:21 PM. Reason: not gonna get into it with Breeg. Too annoying for other readers

Old 07-08-2019, 07:24 PM   #374
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
do you like aoc, breeg?
I like her in a lot of ways. She plays kind of loose with statistics which I don't like though. I want people in political office to be more beholden to quantifiable reality, not less

Old 07-08-2019, 07:27 PM   #375
redbreegull

Quote:
del... Not gonna take the bait
I can't wait for Donald Trump to be unseated by a young black woman from california. there's really something beautifully just about that

Old 07-08-2019, 07:27 PM   #376
redbreegull

of course the real justice will come when trump dies in jail

Old 07-08-2019, 07:28 PM   #377
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I can't wait for Donald Trump to be unseated by a young black woman from california. there's really something beautifully just about that
Not a fan of his either, but that’s highly unlikely.

-haus of ass

Old 07-08-2019, 08:08 PM   #378
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
that could have gone in a pm to MonumentsRocks
believe you me, there is no shortage of PMs circulating between me & MonumentsRocks!

Old 07-08-2019, 08:27 PM   #379
FoolofaTook

Let me guess, you guys are fiercely debating Heavy Rocks Orange vs. Heavy Rocks Purps?

Old 07-08-2019, 08:40 PM   #380
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

no, punk

he says monuments rocks

i say monuments REALLY rocks

we can't quite agree to disagree!

Old 07-08-2019, 09:01 PM   #381
FoolofaTook

Angry

who you calling a punk, fool?

do you think this is a game?

Old 07-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #382
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i [hope, i think, i] KNOW it is

Old 07-08-2019, 11:15 PM   #383
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Not a fan of his either, but that’s highly unlikely.

-haus of ass
Trump won by accident. His victory came down to about 60k individual voters in 3 states. It's not highly unlikely at all. I would say it's very likely that any of the Democrats could beat Trump.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:26 PM   #384
FoolofaTook

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
i [hope, i think, i] KNOW it is

Old 07-09-2019, 02:23 AM   #385
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

as you were MMx

Old 07-10-2019, 08:56 PM   #386
krackhead
Apocalyptic Poster

Will Horseshit by Kaleidoscope be taped by ratbastardquinto?

Old 07-10-2019, 09:24 PM   #387
FoolofaTook

krackhead let me hit that shit

i swear to god i'll pay you back tomorrow.