Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #181
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

HJ?

Old 11-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #182
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Three hours? Fuck, that almost never happens to me. Most of the time when I wake up, any memory of the dream I had goes down the drain, especially if it's a weird abstract dream that's difficult to explain and relate it to reality. Though in your dream, you had an idea of the location, which I find helps being able to at least recall some kind of context, even if you're being transported from place to place.

Dreaming about being at a band's show before they were famous is particularly awesome. I had one the other night that I was at a Velvet Underground show, and a few years ago I dreamed I was at a SP show circa 1989. Afterwards I met with Billy and he showed me their demo tape.
That's cool. I had a dream once where I had sex with all the members of REM. I dream about SP fairly regularly, a few times a month... shows how much it's ingrained in my psyche.

Last night I had a dream about SP. Corgan and co. were playing an insane amount of surprise dates in south FL. I was in college somewhere and kept missing them. My friends and I decided to send a message to Billy to ask him to play at the college. We talked about Billy and Jessica Simpson and I guess in the dream they were (still?) dating, and I said I bet they'll get married.

I have a recurring theme in my dreams where I am back in low grades (usually middle school), but I'm an adult - although not my age now, usually like 20-23. Like all the kids are the right age and I keep saying I've already graduated from HS but it's like some rehabilitation thing that involves me being in low grades... This didn't happen last night but it was referenced in the dream, with me saying something like "Finally, in college after all this time"

Woke up two hours ago

Old 11-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #183
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I often have dreams where I feel, or "know" I am in college, but the setting is often my highschool or middle school, or my apartment or somewhere else. The characters in the dream are always from my college though

Old 11-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #184
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i was in some kind of hospital/jail awaiting trial. i didnt know what i was there for and the staff were all assholes. the place was run really poorly

then some people i was with got some crystal meth and i sniffed some and said 'this is like coke, only better!' and then proceeded to get all angry and self righteous at the staff and was asking to talk to a lawyer, or my mom, or my therapist

then someone comes with a guitar and it's like an ampatheater and he starts playing northern star by hole and i sing it, my voice is raspy but i can tell the audience/prisoners are really digging it and i put my all into it

then afterwards a patient into the area with a gun that shoots bolts and i put my hands in front of myself to shield my head and he shoots two bolts in each of my hands and i get really upset, thinking i'll never be able to play guitar again. he gets tackled by the staff

my mom comes and informs me my trial is on march 21st and i ask her what the date is now... and it's november, like IRL. she tells me i'm on trial for molesting a boy. i'm like wtffff and start bitching at the staff saying how am i supposed to prepare when i dont know when my hearings are, dont know my charges and dont have a lawyer?! the proceed to tell me they know i'm guilty and they hate me and i get very angry and start going off on them about the conditions of the hospital/jail and some of them soften up to me and agree to find me a lawyer and contact my therapist

Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #185
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Remembering dreams is so weird. I wake up remembering a dream like 2 times a year, and I forget them within 2 hours anyway.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #186
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

yeah i have madd dream recall powers

i dont know enough about sleep to say this one way or another but i wonder if i just have poor sleep quality and thus wake up in deep sleep more than most people do, resulting in me remembering my dreams because i'm waking up during REM

Old 11-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #187
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I think I heard somewhere that it's related to when in your sleep cycle you awaken. But it might be that you spend more time at the REM stage than other people. Or just that your dreams are more vivid. Or that you just remember them well.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:15 AM   #188
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i wonder also if it has to do with dissociation (specifically derealization) because i feel like i am dreaming very often and even sometimes remember dreams better than waking life

Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #189
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

it just boggles my mind when i read something... like just now some college student study and people remember there dreams about half the time. seriously, i remember them just about always. and for more than a year i had the same basic dream every single night, with dream continuity on a lot of things... for more than a year! thats some crazy shit

Old 11-12-2012, 01:18 AM   #190
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

maybe i just think about my dreams more than other people

big questions

Old 11-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #191
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I've been having fantastic dreams where i'm travelling in really cool made up places with really cool made up people, browsing for hours in really cool made up old bookshops and stuff. always kinda wistful when i wake up

Old 11-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #192
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
it just boggles my mind when i read something... like just now some college student study and people remember there dreams about half the time. seriously, i remember them just about always. and for more than a year i had the same basic dream every single night, with dream continuity on a lot of things... for more than a year! thats some crazy shit
Half the time? That's fucking nuts even. I haven't remembered a dream in months and months.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:31 AM   #193
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

that sounds really cool
@turdlion

Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 AM   #194
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Half the time? That's fucking nuts even. I haven't remembered a dream in months and months.
when i was a kid i never remembered my dreams and even argued with people about it because i seriously didnt even know what they were talking about, practically

and then all of a sudden i started to remember them and i have since... around 10 y/o

Old 11-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #195
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

so last night i had some kind of dream where i was working, details seem unimportant, but during the course of it i met this cute girl who seemed to really like me

so we went back to some hotel room and were going to get it on, when she takes off her pants and... has a penis. i'm like, ok that's fine with me and then the penis transforms into this like black/dark grey monstrosity with flesh spikes and it's like two feet long and i'm like uhhhh holy fuck nevermind and she starts reaching for me and then i woke up

Old 11-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #196
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Yeah seriously, remembering a dream is a huge event... for a while I would write down any dream that I remembered vividly.

And this is purely anecdotal but I definitely feel that waking up during deep sleep allows you to remember dreams more vividly. The brain is kind of forced to bridge a gap between two distinct areas of consciousness, the subtle level of awareness being partitioned, really, from conscious thought.

Any brain people up in here, yo

Old 11-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #197
slunken
Virgo

yea dog brains 4 life

Old 11-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #198
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
Yeah seriously, remembering a dream is a huge event... for a while I would write down any dream that I remembered vividly.

And this is purely anecdotal but I definitely feel that waking up during deep sleep allows you to remember dreams more vividly. The brain is kind of forced to bridge a gap between two distinct areas of consciousness, the subtle level of awareness being partitioned, really, from conscious thought.

Any brain people up in here, yo
usually what i post is the dream i remembered when i woke up, but i sometimes remember dreams from earlier in the night, esp if i wake up during the night which i usually do about 4-5x a night. makes me wonder if i almost always wake up at the end of REM sleep

i remember really detailed old dreams as well, pretty much constantly get reminded throughout the day.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #199
Order 66
Socialphobic

the other day i had a dream a black mamba was loose in my apartment. so i waited outside in the freezing cold

when i woke up i was still afraid of it for like five minutes until i realized okay this is stupid it was just a dream

Old 11-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #200
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I had a dream that a tornado was happening. It was terrible.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #201
yo soy el mejor

i have a dream

Old 11-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #202
Order 66
Socialphobic

i normally don't talk about my dreams but i just woke up from a nap and i wanted to somewhere to write it down before i forget.

anyway.. (after a drawn-out episode i already forget the details of) i found myself in a psych ward, and i didn't know if i was there as a worker or patient. there were a bunch of hicks there in hospital smocks. the only IRL person i remember there was my friend's mom. bitch is cray, so that fits.

some patient with a handlebar mustache ran into the lobby saying 'turn on the news. billy corgan just died...' from what i gathered it seemed he died of natural causes. people were pretending they always liked him and MCIS era clips were playing on tv.

i don't know if it was related to the news or not but i had the urge to go home and chill over beer and xbox or whatever. i was going to tell the patients bye but everybody was running around busy with something so i left. this is where it gets weird... turns out i was in some court house/hospital hybrid the whole time. all the rooms were apparently law offices but there were still patients holding counseling sessions which were moderated by secretarial looking black ladies. one of them looked at me and said something like "he escaped. get him"

so i ran to the bottom floor, which seemed to be the courtroom lobby. it was a clusterfuck with lawyers and reporters and paralegals. there was some big case going on. i think the crooked governer from Oz was the defendant's lawyer in some OJ type case. and i was tangentially involved in some way

so i finally found my way to the exit. it was somewhere easy to get to and i felt stupid for not just going straight there. it was really musty outside and it looked like it had just rained. there were these headstones everywhere and i couldn't tell if they were graves or landscape markers. the ground was littered with tennis balls which some people were throwing around. i kicked one into a puddle and some guy said "watch it, you're getting it soggy". it was already soggy.

so i reached a stone wall i thought to be the 'exit'. i thought, for whatever reason, that if i threw a ball at one of the headstones a hand would come out of the ground and catch it and a door would appear. so i throw one of the balls and it just ricochets off the stone. everybody looked at me like i was retarded. i explained why i did what i did and some guy in a pilot uniform said "you don't what the fuck you're talking about. this is the Smithsonian. show some respect"

one of the more bizarre ones lately

Last edited by Order 66 : 11-22-2012 at 02:47 AM.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #203
cocksure
Apocalyptic Poster

i had a dream where i was in a cooking contest and all i had for materials was a bun and a wiener. i think i won.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #204
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

nice one, order 66

last night i was trying to win some contest that micheal ian black was holding and i was like almost stalking him to get him to pick me and it seemed to work. i dont remember more details but sometimes i remember later.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #205
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

At my security job at the motel I work at there is an older man that rides through property toward the apartments next door. Initially i tried stopping him and speaking to him about how I couldn't have him on property and he would sort of just pedal harder and quickly leave me behind. After some time I decided to smile and wave as he rolls through, going so far as to advise others to let him be.

But I had a dream recently wherein he found me at work rolled up and said 'Thank you'

But I guess it's mostly weird because I haven't seen him since, really.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #206
hnibos
Braindead

He had an unfortunate accident riding through that property when you weren't there. If only you had stopped him from riding though, ya big jerk.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #207
redbreegull

Quote:
Remembering dreams is so weird. I wake up remembering a dream like 2 times a year, and I forget them within 2 hours anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
yeah i have madd dream recall powers

i dont know enough about sleep to say this one way or another but i wonder if i just have poor sleep quality and thus wake up in deep sleep more than most people do, resulting in me remembering my dreams because i'm waking up during REM
Quote:
I think I heard somewhere that it's related to when in your sleep cycle you awaken. But it might be that you spend more time at the REM stage than other people. Or just that your dreams are more vivid. Or that you just remember them well.

dream recall can easily be strengthened through practice. If you want to remember your dreams, keep a journal of them and write them down always. I used to never remember my dreams... maybe once every few months I would have a dream vivid enough to really remember. My friend told me this would change if I kept a dream journal, and sure enough within maybe two weeks of keeping the journal, I was able to recall dreams most nights. I don't think it has to do with when in your sleep cycle you wake up, but waking up during REM sure makes me tired.

A few nights ago I had a dream that I was climbing a mountain with my two best friends from high school. It was Sugarloaf Mountain, which is about 45 minutes from my house, but the actual places there did not look like the real Sugarloaf. We walked around, smoking mad weed at different points during the hike.

Last night my girlfriend was visiting, and I always have more vivid dreams when there is another body in the bed (this goes for when the dog gets in bed with me also). I dreamt that I went to see the Pumpkins play a show in their early days, but instead of b0lly, my girlfriend was the lead singer/guitarist. The rest of the band was the original lineup, and she was playing the bat sticker guitar. I was in the front row and I was crying because I was so happy.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #208
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i had a weird fucking dream where i was like a kid sent to some kind of wilderness training or something you know, for bad kids, and we were all split up into like missions... there were nine kids. myself, my friend scott, and one random were some kind of "knights" or something (the good guys), and there were three neutral kids which i forget the name but it their kind of "symbol" was piglet (from winnie the pooh). the "bad/evil" team... i dont remember. they were like witches or something.

so basically the left us all with weapons and we would go through different towns and do stuff and run into adults that would be friendly or unfriendly and sometime other people from the "teams"... it was gorey melee like i killed a bunch of people and so anyway when it was all over the "knights" and the "evil people" we were apparently supposed to kill each other but we made a pact to stand up to the adults (parents) and tell them how fucked up the thing was.

so we went back to the like "starting area" and find out the whole thing was a simulation and some lady starts talking about "how we did" and i say hey lady this was fucked up, and I go "have you ever been raped?" and she goes "yes" and i go so after that, doesn't all sex kinda remind you of rape? and i was trying to show her how the "fake simulated violence" would have a similar reaction in one who has been there before and all of the parents who were there and had sent their kids all got behind that and i was like lady, i'm just some kid, this should have been an obvious bad idea to you. and my parents try to tell me how sorry they are and i say forget it and refuse to talk to them and in my head decide i will never talk to them again

Old 12-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #209
Shallowed
Braindead

I had a foursome with Bilinda Butcher, Toni Halliday and Rachel Goswell.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #210
noyen
Immortal

I said I want to meet you
I said I want to fuck you all the time
I said I want to fuck you
I said I want to meet you all the time
I said I want to fuck you all the time

Fuck-fucking on sandy beaches