Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2023, 09:20 PM   #31
T&T
Socialphobic

do the frogs!

Old 02-06-2023, 07:34 AM   #32
Morlock
Ownz

No fucking way, but you could add Gorillaz to your list. "Demon Days" and "Plastic Beach" are both great dystopian concept albums.

Old 02-06-2023, 12:00 PM   #33
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveIsSuicide42 View Post
I teach a dystopian literature course at a small community college. I'm thinking about having my students do a writing prompt where they analyze albums conceptualized around dystopian settings/themes, and then comparing and contrasting them with the books we've read in class. I'm thinking of just giving them a list of like 15-20 albums to pick from. We'll have Animals, 2112, Kid A, Deltron 3030, Diamond Dogs, Year Zero, and more for students to choose between.

Should ATUM be included in the list of options?
Year Zero yooooooooo

Old 02-06-2023, 12:51 PM   #34
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveIsSuicide42 View Post
Also if anyone has recommendations for other dystopian concept records I could use, let me know. I'd like to represent as many genres as possible.
Kilroy Was Here, by Styx

Unconventional option here, but on the show Bob's Burgers, they had an episode where the dad was raving about a dystopian-future rock opera he listened to as a teen, and then the folks behind the show actually made it:

The episode "The Laser-inth" has the dad telling the story in broad strokes, and has some visuals as well

Old 02-06-2023, 01:04 PM   #35
Morlock
Ownz

Also, Zappa's "Joe's Garage" if you want to get into trouble.

Old 02-06-2023, 01:25 PM   #36
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

******* it in a separate category where anyone who actually chooses, makes it through and is able to study that shit (insinuating they'd have to listen to practically all of it repeatedly) gets an absolute guarantee of passing yer course w/ flying colors by the end of the term