Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
Nate the Grate
Minion of Satan

Default I haven't watched a new Simpson's episode in years

I haven't seen the movie yet. I used to be obsessed with the Simpson's, owning all the books, memorizing all the lines, yadda yadda yadda.

I do not know how new tonight's episode is. It could be brand new or a couple years old.

But it is the worst piece of shit associated with the Simpson's I have ever seen. It's like they're lampooning the show or something. Completely random scenes juxtaposed together with no sense of direction at all. I have no idea what the episode is about. They went to the dentist and Ludacris showed up and then Homer bought some ice cream and went on a show with Kent Brockman who said a bad word. It's almost painful to watch. This show is a hollow ghost of its former self.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
silent_brian13
Apocalyptic Poster

i havent seen it (i will tonite), but the movie was funny.

on a similar note, robot chicken season 3 begins tonite.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #3
sleeper
Minion of Satan

i also havent watched it in a long time. sometimes i see part of one by accident and i wonder how it is that nobody put a stop to the direction the shows been taken in. i mean are all the writers there just totally fuckign insane? youd think thered be some quality control, or that after years of horrible episodes theyd get the idea that something was fucked

Old 08-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
sleeper
Minion of Satan

the randomness and slapstick of it is what really gets me. its just a rapid fire collage of pointless skits and totally unfunny garbage -- homer falls over and a cow wakes him up and then he stumbles upon wiggum and rides a hot air balloon or whatever -- its just mindless fucking bullshit written for people with ADD.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
smashingjj
the actual guy

I've just watched the first 2.5 seasons of Family Guy and that's so much better than the newer Simpsons eps. They're hit or miss and usually a bit exhausting, but when it's good, it's fantastic.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
sleeper
Minion of Satan

im not getting the family guy thing either. a lot of the problems the simpsons has now family guy has always had -- random collection of one liners and hokey skits. the fat guy crashes his car and then a cop comes up singing a song and it turns into a duet and then it cuts immediately to him waterskiing with dolphins jumping out of the water attacking him or something. i mean, what the fuck? admittedly i havent seen an episode in a long time but that random quality is what stands out to me

and dont get me started on south park, what a pathetic crock of shit that show is

Old 08-19-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
silent_brian13
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper
im not getting the family guy thing either. a lot of the problems the simpsons has now family guy has always had -- random collection of one liners and hokey skits. the fat guy crashes his car and then a cop comes up singing a song and it turns into a duet and then it cuts immediately to him waterskiing with dolphins jumping out of the water attacking him or something. i mean, what the fuck? admittedly i havent seen an episode in a long time but that random quality is what stands out to me

and dont get me started on south park, what a pathetic crock of shit that show is
south park is a crock.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
Mayfuck
Banned

south park is painfully bad.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:09 PM   #9
Mayfuck
Banned

futurama was tons better than what all these shows are now. aren't they going to start showing new eps soon?

Old 08-19-2007, 09:24 PM   #10
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Grate
I haven't seen the movie yet. I used to be obsessed with the Simpson's, owning all the books, memorizing all the lines, yadda yadda yadda.

I do not know how new tonight's episode is. It could be brand new or a couple years old.

But it is the worst piece of shit associated with the Simpson's I have ever seen. It's like they're lampooning the show or something. Completely random scenes juxtaposed together with no sense of direction at all. I have no idea what the episode is about. They went to the dentist and Ludacris showed up and then Homer bought some ice cream and went on a show with Kent Brockman who said a bad word. It's almost painful to watch. This show is a hollow ghost of its former self.
400th episode. i believe thats the latest season.

i think the problem is they're writing the simpsons as if it were futurama... in futurama it's not unusual to see wacky, zany things... but it just doesnt fit in the springfield universe imho.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:29 PM   #11
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck
futurama was tons better than what all these shows are now.
totally agree, its easily the best. i remember some of them being kind of dumb, but none were as vacuous and idiotic as those other shows

Old 08-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #12
D.
Consume my pants.

i haven't watched new or syndicated simpsons in many years. hell, i don't even watch t.v. all that much (0-3 hours about every other day).

but for some reason i have the first seven seasons on DVD (half burned, though) and i still went to see the simpsons movie, enjoying it a lot.

so, whatever.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #13
SpFission
Apocalyptic Poster

Ludacrest, get it right.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #14
D.
Consume my pants.

it seems like they have reached so many episodes that the simpsons exist for the sole purpose of breaking some kind of record.

the Longest Running whatever doesn't account for quantity over quality.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #15
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

With adult oriented cartoon shows always getting progressively worse, I do hope futurama maintains its genius. I can't agree with south park being bad though, even when episodes are more or less completely leading up to one joke, there's still some innovative humor to be found. More importantly, south park episodes are able to have a focused plot while still having an eccentric basis, while shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy have had nothing but rehashed and predictable plots for the longest time. South Park hasn't had to repeatedly rely on the same ridiculous aspects of humor to be funny, although it does have a large number of gross-out violence moments, though they're more or less just a part of the show.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #16
silent_brian13
Apocalyptic Poster

futurama has been repeats since 2003. but i think there is a movie and new episodes coming out next year. matt g. did a good job with both shows, regardless of one ending and one going on too long.

and once again. fuck south park.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:03 PM   #17
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_brian13
futurama has been repeats since 2003. but i think there is a movie and new episodes coming out next year. matt g. did a good job with both shows, regardless of one ending and one going on too long.

and once again. fuck south park.
Are you saying fuck south park while at the same time donning a robot chicken avatar?

Old 08-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #18
silent_brian13
Apocalyptic Poster

yes. i am. 2 different shows really. r.c. is supposed to be a bunch of random things that sometimes tackle newer issues, often parody things from the 80's and early 90's.

its creative in a way that south park isn't. it doesn't need a gross/shock thing going for it to be funny.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:12 PM   #19
MonteLDS
*sigh*

i still love the simpsons. i have it playing all 400 eps @ random almost all the time, i love them

Old 08-19-2007, 10:14 PM   #20
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Seth Green occasionally hits on something funny, but what a douche he is. Robot Chicken is just like, amazingly immature humor to me.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:17 PM   #21
silent_brian13
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mablak
Seth Green occasionally hits on something funny, but what a douche he is. Robot Chicken is just like, amazingly immature humor to me.
and south park is mature?
im not defending maturity of any show here...but south park reinvented the immature cartoon. the only thing mature about south park is the TV MA symbol.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #22
Mablak
Minion of Satan

South Park's appeal used to be based on the fact that it displayed 3rd graders swearing. It didn't take long for it to just become a genuinely funny show for more than just adolescents, despite the violence and swearing, the humor is usually intelligent. With robot chicken one simply has a pile of random crap, I've seen maybe a couple funny 10 second segments ever.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:32 PM   #23
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

I love Robot Chicken. I'm not a huge fan of random humor, but something about it tickles me. It's probably the nostalgia factor, as there are rampant references to things I enjoyed when I was a kid (Charlie Brown, Transformers, Calvin and Hobbes, He-Man, etc.) Not all of it is funny, mind you, but when the show is on, it's absolutely hilarious. Beavis and Butt-head joining the Teen Titans and Super Mario Vice City are two of my favorites. Best show on Adult Swim (fuck Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The only thing funny about it is Dr. Weird).

Old 08-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #24
Karl Connor
ADMlNISTRATOR

its not quite as bad as people make it out to be but the wit doesn't sizzle like it used to. i think they should change the shows direction if theyre not going to end it

Old 08-19-2007, 10:43 PM   #25
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky
Best show on Adult Swim

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...ta07/VBros.jpg

Old 08-19-2007, 10:44 PM   #26
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Tim and Eric Awesome Show (Great Job) is vastly funnier than Robot Chicken, if you haven't seen it. Totally unconventional humor, it's had so many genius moments. As was Sealab 2021, but I guess they don't show that anymore.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:46 PM   #27
Karl Connor
ADMlNISTRATOR

has season 3 of venture bros started yet?

Old 08-19-2007, 10:46 PM   #28
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

i never got into T&EAS(GJ) but i found tom goes to the mayor to be a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. it wasn't a "good" show by any means but it will always have a place in my heart.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:47 PM   #29
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Connor
has season 3 of venture bros started yet?
edit: just checked, it's winter 07-08

Old 08-19-2007, 10:52 PM   #30
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Venture Bros is reasonably interesting, I'm not in love with it but I'll watch it sometimes. I was actually way more attracted to that Korgoth of Barbaria show by the same guys, the animation was pretty sweet.

Last edited by Mablak : 08-19-2007 at 11:00 PM.