Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-29-2022, 06:03 AM   #31
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_bland View Post
They've already said they'll be on streaming late 23 (and I would guess) CD vinyl following that. Thought when they announced the box was that the 7s would be Volume3 which would be interesting regardless, but... if it was 10 Cottonwood-esque acoustic songs i'd be very happy indeed.
I know, but wasn't the implication that the bonus songs would only be on the vinyl boxset? And not on streaming?

Old 11-29-2022, 10:19 AM   #32
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
I know, but wasn't the implication that the bonus songs would only be on the vinyl boxset? And not on streaming?
No, they said the songs would be released digitally later in the Atum preorder listing

Last edited by MyKeyZ : 11-29-2022 at 10:30 AM.

Old 11-29-2022, 10:28 AM   #33
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

11:28 Jimmy says they're going into the studio in December to record a 10 song full on rock record...

https://youtu.be/uKOd1DcapRU

So this 10 track "psychedelic album" is something else previously recorded from this December rock album?

I don't understand how they can record this supposed psychedelic album in time for an April vinyl release with the delays in vinyl pressing. Leftfield finished their album in February 2022, and the vinyl release is in December 2022. Orbital finished their album in June 2022, and the vinyl release is February 2023. So I have no clue how they plan on recording this 10 track album in December and be able to have it in time for an April 2023 vinyl release.

Old 11-29-2022, 10:42 AM   #34
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
11:28 Jimmy says they're going into the studio in December to record a 10 song full on rock record...

So this 10 track "psychedelic album" is something else previously recorded from this December rock album?

I don't understand how they can record this supposed psychedelic album in time for an April vinyl release with the delays in vinyl pressing. Leftfield finished their album in February 2022, and the vinyl release is in December 2022. Orbital finished their album in June 2022, and the vinyl release is February 2023. So I have no clue how they plan on recording this 10 track album in December and be able to have it in time for an April 2023 vinyl release.
Because it’s just Billy.
These guys are not getting in a room and recording 10 tracks together.
It’s marketing.

Old 11-29-2022, 10:46 AM   #35
Ram27
dumb

i love them selling $500 vinyl of something not recorded yet

Old 11-29-2022, 12:11 PM   #36
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post

This trend of bands postponing releases because it has to come out on fucking vinyl is ridiculous and should be boycotted.

Old 11-29-2022, 01:06 PM   #37
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

The "psychedelic album" was being recorded after Cyr but they stopped working on it to do ATUM. I would bet that the 10 extra ATUM songs are either the "psychedelic album", the Cyr leftovers (I think He said there's 10 completed tracks that were cut) or a combination of the two.

The 10 track "rock album" is probably another joke thing. In a year or so they'll be a lot of interviews like "Fans.. so called fans are saying things like, you know, ''oh but you can't make something at home with Fruity Loops, a Korg Monotron and Sierra Swan, and then call it a live in the studio rock album'' but we've always been about pushing the boundaries and really who's to say what a live recorded rock album is? Who get's to decide that? This is a really exciting time for us, a really exciting new direction..we've never made this kind of music before.."

Old 11-29-2022, 01:12 PM   #38
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

just more of that "pumpkin humor" hahaha!

anyway, chill Alter, I ain't buyin' it!

Old 11-29-2022, 01:24 PM   #39
paranoid
Minion of Satan

the psychedelic album has already been recorded. If you've been listening to the podcast, you've heard him say that a couple times.

Old 11-29-2022, 01:50 PM   #40
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post

anyway, chill Alter, I ain't buyin' it!
"I ain't buyin' it!" should be standard comment on everything RedRum Jim says...fucken snake oil salesman

lol rofl

Old 11-29-2022, 01:55 PM   #41
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

If you've been listening to the podcast, you've heard him say that a couple times.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:04 PM   #42
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

big IF, innit?

Old 11-29-2022, 02:10 PM   #43
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

It's a pity James isn't on socials, we might actually get an honest answer to what's going on.

So going by the logic of timing for vinyl pressing:

- The 10 bonus tracks have been recorded and will be released in April.
- The 10 "rock" songs haven't been recorded yet, and will be a different album.

So is the second 10 the "psychedelic" album, or are the April tracks those? So we're saying it's two different things, "psychedelic" (not rock), and "Rock" (not psychedelic).

When all we really want is psychedelic rock.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:16 PM   #44
paranoid
Minion of Satan

psych album has been recorded.

the new 10 song album is the new rock one. he and jimmy were demoing in the studio recently, and continuing work on it now.

Old 11-30-2022, 06:39 AM   #45
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
psych album has been recorded.

the new 10 song album is the new rock one. he and jimmy were demoing in the studio recently, and continuing work on it now.
You think the psych ablum is an album within an album?

Or the additional 10 tracks are just cyr /shiny / autm leftovers?

Would be kinda cool if we got some straight-ahead un-synthesized rock shit as a pallette cleanser.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:14 AM   #46
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

I doubt the ten songs will be "rock" because then why would they be talking about recording a new "rock" album next year?

The 10 bonus songs being "psychedelic" could mean anything. But they probably won't be full of sitars and backwards guitars.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:57 AM   #47
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Psychedelic means the same synth sound and drum samples, but for 5 mins instead of 3.

Old 11-30-2022, 09:56 AM   #48
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

"Psychedelic" meant WWMM last time.

Old 11-30-2022, 10:43 AM   #49
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't remember Billy saying they already recorded the psychedelic soon. To me it's very confusing, especially when he said they will record a rock-oriented 10 songs album, which I don't know it's the 10 extra songs, the psychedelic album, the one they are working on right now or something else. I was under the impression it was the 10 extra atum songs tho.

Old 11-30-2022, 11:42 AM   #50
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
I don't remember Billy saying they already recorded the psychedelic soon. To me it's very confusing, especially when he said they will record a rock-oriented 10 songs album, which I don't know it's the 10 extra songs, the psychedelic album, the one they are working on right now or something else. I was under the impression it was the 10 extra atum songs tho.
It was about 2 years ago when they said the psych record was mostly all done and they were starting (Atum). I think it was a Zane Lowe interview or something like that.

Old 11-30-2022, 06:50 PM   #51
Crepe
Demi-God

Yeah Vol 3 was recorded just after Cyr got released. He talks about it in the Zane Lowe interview. It was 60% done then. If him and ‘Jimmy’ go in the studio in December, it’s for something else.

Hopefully ATUM 2

Old 11-30-2022, 08:53 PM   #52
vitaldust
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: a melting apocalyptic jungle bleeding out of me like a dream

Ok so the conflicting sureness of these posts has me questioning what the actual fuck is going on.

Shiny 3 / The psych record will be released with the singles box set, right? From Billy in Kerrang: "There's 33 tracks, and then the box that will actually have an additional 10 songs, believe it or not, which is a related project, but a totally different style of music."

And BC and Jimmy are going to the studio in December to record a "full-on rock record direct to tape", right?

Or do I have this all fucked up?

Old 12-01-2022, 04:03 AM   #53
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crepe View Post
Yeah Vol 3 was recorded just after Cyr got released. He talks about it in the Zane Lowe interview. It was 60% done then. If him and ‘Jimmy’ go in the studio in December, it’s for something else.

Hopefully ATUM 2
Fixed: Hopefully not ATUM 2

Last edited by MyKeyZ : 12-01-2022 at 05:42 AM.

Old 12-01-2022, 05:43 AM   #54
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaldust View Post
Shiny 3 / The psych record will be released with the singles box set, right? From Billy in Kerrang: "There's 33 tracks, and then the box that will actually have an additional 10 songs, believe it or not, which is a related project, but a totally different style of music."
The bonus album is the only one I care about now!

Old 12-01-2022, 05:54 AM   #55
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaldust View Post
From Billy in Kerrang: "There's 33 tracks, and then the box that will actually have an additional 10 songs, believe it or not, which is a related project, but a totally different style of shitty music."

Old 12-01-2022, 07:34 AM   #56
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

The extra box will not only be synth music, it will be exclusively synth music. Instrumental, synth music. Completely different from what they are doing.

Old 12-01-2022, 08:20 AM   #57
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Or acoustic, cos y'know, it's ALL Pumpkins music now.

Old 12-01-2022, 12:07 PM   #58
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

I don't think psychedelic means what Billy thinks it means. Zero percent chance that this isn't more fuckshit clown music.

Old 12-01-2022, 12:32 PM   #59
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

You're definitely best off to assume it's going to be a "totally different style" of kick snare kick snare 120 - 160bpm quantised synth pop rock with Sierra Swan + Katie Cole backing vocals and WPC croaking about strange lovers.

Old 12-01-2022, 12:43 PM   #60
dustrocck
Demi-God

It's probably more in the vein of the title track I would guess