Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2022, 07:28 AM   #151
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Totally. alter

Old 10-13-2022, 09:25 AM   #152
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
Totally. alter
your grandfather defended russians. child stealing lying sacks of shit. he should be ashamed. he's worse than anything BC could do with his "music"

Old 10-13-2022, 10:37 AM   #153
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

how DARE you talk to brothahahiehia like that you apologize to the brotha IMMEDIATELY

Old 10-13-2022, 10:44 AM   #154
T&T
Socialphobic

fuck you brothahahaha piece of shit. you being born is the worst thing to ever happen to this plant.

Old 10-13-2022, 10:47 AM   #155
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Old 10-13-2022, 10:54 AM   #156
T&T
Socialphobic

Hate thread for this utter fuckshit clown brothat4hate

Old 10-13-2022, 12:31 PM   #157
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
It's about time we stop assuming these people are still into the joy and light of making music, like James is waiting for his muse to gently tap on his forehead... not a fucking chance.

It's a money business and if the still for sale super duper limited Atum box is any indication, it's getting unsustainable by the hour.
It's probably not so black and white, at least in his mind. It's pretty hard to turn down easy money, but if he absolutely dreaded making music and touring, there's no necessity forcing him. So he must be at least a little inspired or happy to be along for the ride. Inspiration is going to look different as a settled 54 year old man; no one at that point has the physicality or free time to relocate, play for days straight, and then go on tour across the country. It's likely he finds the music worthwhile, to some extent.

Last edited by ilikeplanets : 10-13-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Old 10-13-2022, 12:31 PM   #158
ilikeplanets
Braindead

But I don't.

Old 10-13-2022, 12:38 PM   #159
T&T
Socialphobic

how amazing is it that they get to get paid for playing music... and it's probably not a bad paycheck.
musicians everywhere work hard for that oppertunity. Jimmy's said as much. I think James is smart enough to think it as well.

who are we kidding... you have to be immature to think "I make music that will change people's lives". Worked great when they were young, but you have to expect that they (jinny*james) have matured by now. at least somewhat.
And when we hear billy talk like that, we paint him inseincere. that's because he probably is. Bald lord is 55 with kids - he's not really looking to inspire a whole new generation of nihilistic teens anymore.

Last edited by T&T : 10-13-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Old 10-13-2022, 12:54 PM   #160
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

I don’t know. I really do think His Baldness absolutely does want to reach teens and the younger generation. Everything he’s done recently seems to have been attempts to do what he thinks they would want (electronic handclaps and Billie Eilish style synths) and it has been poorly received by fans who aren’t just blind Corgan followers. It also has had zero impact on the younger generation he hoped to reach.

Old 10-13-2022, 01:00 PM   #161
T&T
Socialphobic

he can't actually write another SD/MCIS... so whatever about the "failure". but clearly something is working because LiveNation keeps booking him large venues.

Old 10-13-2022, 01:17 PM   #162
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
he can't actually write another SD/MCIS... so whatever about the "failure". but clearly something is working because LiveNation keeps booking him large venues.
It's nothing new that's working, it's just name recognition and past achievements that have secured them the ability to play in the large venues. People will still go just to see a "famous band." SP isn't on the same level as Rolling Stones or Paul McCartney, but it's the same concept. They aren't doing anything currently that's impactful but they won't be relegated to playing some hole in the wall.

Old 10-13-2022, 02:42 PM   #163
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

UTTER FUCKSHIT CLOWNMUSIC

UTTER FUCKING CLOWNSHIT...

or something...

Old 10-13-2022, 03:04 PM   #164
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
It's probably not so black and white, at least in his mind. It's pretty hard to turn down easy money, but if he absolutely dreaded making music and touring, there's no necessity forcing him. So he must be at least a little inspired or happy to be along for the ride. Inspiration is going to look different as a settled 54 year old man; no one at that point has the physicality or free time to relocate, play for days straight, and then go on tour across the country. It's likely he finds the music worthwhile, to some extent.
It's pretty hard to turn down easy money AND for what, a bunch of gigs and a photo opportunity every now and then? Not that big of a commitment for James.

I bet Willy is even more unsufferable, unbereable and obnoxious now than he was back in the 90s but this time James doesn't give a ******* because he's in it for the money.

On a side note, i checked his address out when that creepy website familytreenow went online years ago and i remember thinking it was a fairly modest house. Nowhere near the arms-dealer-level mansion Billy's living in. And he needs that check, he has to compete with his brotha in law.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:17 PM   #165
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy won't get the young audience, it's too late and he's too old. Young audiences respond to artists either their own age ("he's just like me!") or slightly older than them ("he's like a big brother!").

Billy is neither of those things to a 17 - 25 year old. And younger people who are discovering his music are listening to SD and MCIS, digging back in the past to see what was up, much like Gen X did with 60s music. They aren't listening to Cyr and Shiny.

The rest of his audience are older music fans who go to gigs and buy records, but he doesn't seem to care about them really. Y'know, the ones that bought his CDs first time around, and made him the star he was.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:27 PM   #166
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
It's pretty hard to turn down easy money AND for what, a bunch of gigs and a photo opportunity every now and then? Not that big of a commitment for James.

I bet Willy is even more unsufferable, unbereable and obnoxious now than he was back in the 90s but this time James doesn't give a ******* because he's in it for the money.

On a side note, i checked his address out when that creepy website familytreenow went online years ago and i remember thinking it was a fairly modest house. Nowhere near the arms-dealer-level mansion Billy's living in. And he needs that check, he has to compete with his brotha in law.
James might be in it for the money but at least he's not biphobic.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:34 PM   #167
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Knock it off 'noid, i've said several times already i've got nothing but utmost respect for gay people

Old 10-13-2022, 03:37 PM   #168
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Knock it off 'noid, i've said several times already i've got nothing but utmost respect for gay people
so why have you faltered on explaining what you meant by saying "bisexual? you mean gay."

eh? I'm not backing off until you respond.

"nothing but respect for gay people." prove it.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:42 PM   #169
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Prove it? Eheh i'm afraid i can't m8. I play in a different ballpark/league/sport, so to speak.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:43 PM   #170
paranoid
Minion of Satan

still avoiding the question I've been asking for a few days now.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:45 PM   #171
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

I like my gays and i like my straights, it pretty much answers your question, methinks.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:47 PM   #172
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I like my gays and i like my straights, it pretty much answers your question, methinks.
no it doesn't. i'm asking you what you meant by basically implying bisexuality doesn't exist. you made an ignorant statement and I want you to clarify what you meant by that. but you keep backing off. "I like gay people and straight people." does not exactly answer what I'm asking and kind of makes you look worse.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:49 PM   #173
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

1300s: I'm dying from the Black Plague

1800s: I'm 9 & work in a coal mine

1900s: I'm off to fight in a war

2000s: I'M OFFENDED

Old 10-13-2022, 03:51 PM   #174
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
1300s: I'm dying from the Black Plague

1800s: I'm 9 & work in a coal mine

1900s: I'm off to fight in a war

2000s: I'M OFFENDED
ok so you are just an idiot. all i needed to know.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:53 PM   #175
paranoid
Minion of Satan

1300s- hang all gays

1800s- hang all gays

1900s- don't let gays marry and hang them

2000s- i think I'm ok with gays i mean i have gay friends. but half of you aren't real.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:54 PM   #176
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post

The rest of his audience are older music fans who go to gigs and buy records, but he doesn't seem to care about them really. Y'know, the ones that bought his CDs first time around, and made him the star he was.
This was my point in one of these threads. And yet BC always manages to sneak in "this content isn't for the old fans/superfans" when that demographic is the one most likely to actually spend money on their terrible new albums, or willing to shell out several hundred $$ just to get a chance to see JC or Iha on stage again.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:56 PM   #177
ilikeplanets
Braindead

The Alter, are you afraid of bisexuals? You seem loathe to acknowledge the label. Trolling?

Old 10-13-2022, 03:57 PM   #178
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
The Alter, are you afraid of bisexuals? You seem loathe to acknowledge the label. Trolling?
if he's trolling it's still a shitty thing to troll about.

Old 10-13-2022, 04:10 PM   #179
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

You Americans are too thin skinned on the matter. You know what should really offend you? No gun control and no universal healthcare. But that’s not your problem is it? It affects poor people in crime ridden neighborhoods you never go to.

Mods please delete this thread.

Old 10-13-2022, 04:15 PM   #180
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
You Americans are too thin skinned on the matter. You know what should really offend you? No gun control and no universal healthcare. But that’s not your problem is it? It affects poor people in crime ridden neighborhoods you never go to.

Mods please delete this thread.
oh trust me, we're pissed about all of that too. but if you think homophobia is not a big deal, well of course not because it doesn't affect you.