Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2023, 10:53 PM   #181
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I like the treadmill more! I don't want to run over rocks and dirt, and I need AC or the fan the whole time. And a place to set my phone that isn't my pocket. I'm an indoor cat.

Old 08-16-2023, 03:02 AM   #182
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

My back is dodgy I need to see a physio

Old 08-16-2023, 05:12 AM   #183
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I would say running on a treadmill with StarTalk Radio on is GOAT. But if I can't listen to/watch anything, then running outside is better than the treadmill.

For some reason, music doesn't suffice to make the treadmill more pleasant for me. It's gotta be something with actual talking, like the news or a podcast or a lecture/talk.

Old 08-17-2023, 02:31 AM   #184
Machinist
Ownz

I try to do 5km every day (outdoors) - I live in a rural area, so its mainly trail runs. Like DK I need to listen to podcasts, probably as a distraction - music is just too distracting, while a podcast takes me away from the actual physical nature of the running (for the most part).

Old 08-17-2023, 08:36 AM   #185
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

There's just no way I can use a treadmill without getting bored to death. Or lift weights only for the sake of lifting, for that matter. The idea of dudes slaving in windowless gyms, laying it thick on the biceps and chest while skipping leg day is comical to me. It's such a grim and joyless way to get a workout.

For me it HAS to be an actual activity that is fun and that I can enjoy for what it is without it being a chore. Be it swimming, basketball, boxing. It has to have A POINT. Then you can focus on alignment, form, technique, goals - whatever it is. But at least you're fully present with what you're doing. Punching clock and getting the reps in while tuning out and listening to podcasts is definitely not for me.

Old 08-17-2023, 03:12 PM   #186
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I enjoy lifting and pushing myself to increase my numbers and lift more than I lifted last time. I was pretty chuffed recently to finally get my bench up to three wheels. Trying to get my deadlift up to five pizzas. Form and technique is definitely important for getting the movement pattern correct.

Old 08-17-2023, 04:33 PM   #187
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I tried going to the gym regularly but it just never took. My main exercise now is all the walking I do. I have some light weights in my room, which I was doing every day at one point, but I've been letting that slip lately too. I think I need to get out running. I played a lot of sport when I was younger (mainly soccer and basketball, plus the 100m sprint in school) but I've done no sport now for years and years.

Old 08-17-2023, 05:24 PM   #188
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

i've had a hard time sticking to any exercise regimen, and generally don't eat enough to gain weight whether i want to or not. when i have attempted to build muscle it has worked to some degree, but i just don't have the appetite to feed myself enough calories to sustain anything but this stringbean figure i've had since i was a teen

Old 08-17-2023, 05:48 PM   #189
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I used to be very skinny and not all that interested in food. It was only when I started a certain medication (and I don't want to go all over that again) that I became very interested in food and put on quite a lot of weight. I've pretty much got it under control now, but I know I should do more to stay fit and healthy.

Old 08-17-2023, 09:03 PM   #190
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
It has to have A POINT. Then you can focus on alignment, form, technique, goals - whatever it is. But at least you're fully present with what you're doing.
You can do all this with lifting weights. I LIKE lifting weights. I do get to focus on alignment, form, technique and goals. I think it's fun. It seems you can't put as much thought into your form when you're skrrting around playing basketball. Swimming is even less fun to me.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 08-17-2023 at 09:14 PM.

Old 08-17-2023, 09:10 PM   #191
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I enjoy lifting and pushing myself to increase my numbers and lift more than I lifted last time. I was pretty chuffed recently to finally get my bench up to three wheels. Trying to get my deadlift up to five pizzas. Form and technique is definitely important for getting the movement pattern correct.
word. i only bench press 40lbs (wah) but i can hip thrust 90 (at 9 reps/3 sets). gonna do that for a bit before i try 110 in the next two weeks or so.

i also enjoy pushing myself with weight lifting. it makes me feel good and strong

Old 08-17-2023, 09:55 PM   #192
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I was on swim team for a year and liked it but not enough to continue. I'm not competitive, so the focus on winning ruined my enjoyment of swimming so I stopped. I also can't dive because it gives me nosebleeds every time.

Old 08-18-2023, 04:56 AM   #193
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
You can do all this with lifting weights. I LIKE lifting weights. I do get to focus on alignment, form, technique and goals. I think it's fun. It seems you can't put as much thought into your form when you're skrrting around playing basketball. Swimming is even less fun to me.
No, basketball is all about correct form and alignment. It's the only way you can have a consistently good shot, really. Being acutely cognizant of what body parts are working and what makes a shot just right and trying to recreate that consistently - that's where I can get really lost in a workout and I can put in 3 hours like nothing. Thoughts just disappear.

But yeah this is not to actually knock weight lifting. It's all about what works for you individually. If it works for you, that's all that matters. I'm sure it can be fun as well, it just never really did it for me when I tried it. But then again, I think I just really fucking hated gyms and the people in them.

Old 08-18-2023, 06:33 AM   #194
ourruseoffools
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I'm not competitive, so the focus on winning ruined my enjoyment of swimming so I stopped.
i wasn't competitive until 2019 when i heard this band from my state who were the same age as me drop a lush indie album with high quality songwriting and clear production. ever since then i have been feral.

me going feral in the stu

Old 08-18-2023, 09:10 AM   #195
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Your voice is so rich and smooth

Old 08-18-2023, 09:10 AM   #196
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Your voice is butter

Old 08-18-2023, 10:57 AM   #197
redbreegull

I'm going camping in Shenandoah Sunday-Monday with my new lady friend. I'm super excited. We're going to Luray Caverns, Skyline Drive, maybe even Dinosaur Land. And we are the only people booked for those days so we should be totally secluded. If anyone wants to kill me this would be a good opportunity. I'll see you fuckers in the caverns

Old 08-18-2023, 02:28 PM   #198
ourruseoffools
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Your voice is so rich and smooth
Quote:
Your voice is butter
Omg thx!!!! Definitely put a lot of time into the vocals on this album, and just started going to vocal lessons again for the next album!! Love u

Old 08-18-2023, 02:29 PM   #199
ourruseoffools
Apocalyptic Poster

Ilp made my day with that guys

Old 08-18-2023, 07:54 PM   #200
ovary
Ownz

every ass in my family is now free of puss and burning, clean and functional. thank you. it is important to appreciate these moments when our assholes are working properly and giving us no trouble. i delight in my ass operations these days. every shit is sublime, each fart a flutter in my joyful heart.

Old 08-18-2023, 08:20 PM   #201
ovary
Ownz

we must all remember that these halcyon days of good assing are fleeting, brief interludes between the burning, the dirty smelling, the ripe fistulas and rotten runny gushings.

i am reminded of a verse.

The day becomes more solemn and serene
When the diarrhea is past; there is a harmony
In our anal lives, and a lustre in our stiff stools,
Which through the dark nights of foul and lengthy shits is not heard or seen,
As if it could not be, as if it had not been!

Old 08-18-2023, 08:28 PM   #202
ovary
Ownz

i've heard there was a secret chord
that david played, and it pleased the Lord
but you dont really care for ass tunes, do you?
it goes like this, the pfffffsssssttt, the piffffffff,
the left cheek falls, the right cheek lifts
the straining king composing Hallelujuuuggggghhhhhhhhh fuuccckkkk myy assssssss

Old 08-18-2023, 11:49 PM   #203
Disco King
Minion of Satan

We have two threads about potty stuff already

Old 08-19-2023, 12:36 AM   #204
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
every ass in my family is now free of puss and burning, clean and functional. thank you. it is important to appreciate these moments when our assholes are working properly and giving us no trouble. i delight in my ass operations these days. every shit is sublime, each fart a flutter in my joyful heart.
so confused

Old 08-19-2023, 12:38 PM   #205
ovary
Ownz

every thread is a poo thread now. welcome to the future

Old 08-19-2023, 08:02 PM   #206
Machinist
Ownz

It is when you post you piece of shit

Old 08-19-2023, 08:03 PM   #207
Machinist
Ownz

NO HOLDS BARRED OLD SCHOOL NETPHORIA

Old 08-21-2023, 04:44 PM   #208
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I feel like I should be doing a lot more. Just in general. What's a good thing to do?

Old 08-21-2023, 07:54 PM   #209
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

have you tried volunteering?

Old 08-22-2023, 04:57 AM   #210
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I actually have! I still volunteer now. I need something more. At the end of September I think I'll do more evening classes, this time in counselling. That could be something.