Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2023, 06:29 AM   #1
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Default Grindelwald at his prime would have probably won against Voldemort at his prime

I don't mean as in killing him. He wouldn't know about the Horcuxes, but he would probably be able to kill his body, making Voldemort the sort of Ghost, that he was in the first couple of books. I asume he would win, due to multiple factors.

Grindelwald relied on his skills alone, while Voldemort simply relied on his immortality. Voldemort was very skilled, but he mostly picked enemies much weaker than himself, and tried to avoid his one equally matched wizard (Dumbledore) at all cost. Also Grindelwald managed to subdue the Elder wand, even though he only stole it, while Voldemort didn't.

-Grindelwalds followers were actually loyal to him. They respected him. Only a few Death eaters followed Voldemort out of Loyalty. Most of them followed him, out of fear. That makes Grindelwalds followers much more willing to risk their lives for him, than Voldemorts followers.

-Grindelwald had a much bigger sphere of Influence. He controlled almost all of Europe, while Voldemort was just barrely able to hold Brittain, and failed to take down a school.

Edit: I'm sorry, that I didn't really make one of my points clear. I also took the followers into account, due to them being one of, if not the most important part of their power.

Old 01-11-2023, 04:37 PM   #2
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Replying out of pity.

Old 01-11-2023, 04:37 PM   #3
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Also, hi Took!

Old 01-11-2023, 04:38 PM   #4
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Talking

Old 01-11-2023, 06:34 PM   #5
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Cool (of a took)

Old 01-12-2023, 09:43 AM   #6
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Tool of a cuck

Old 01-12-2023, 03:02 PM   #7
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

and both were transphobes

Old 01-12-2023, 04:16 PM   #8
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

All I really know about Grindlewald is that I've never had so strong a "are you fucking kidding me with this shit" moment as I did at the end of the first Fantastic Beasts (not my choice to watch it, shut up) when Colin Farrell reveals he's Grindelwald and immediately rips his face off to reveal... Johnny Depp

Like don't serve the audience a plate of delicious handmade pasta, hide a PB&J under the noodles, and hold up an "APPLAUD NOW" sign

Rowling could do a total 180 on being Queen of TERF Island and devote her life and entire fortune to promoting trans causes and she'd still be an irredeemable monster in my eyes for this

Old 01-13-2023, 12:48 PM   #9
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I don't know who is a bigger monster IRL, Depp or Rowling.

Old 01-13-2023, 03:04 PM   #10
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Do you consider it a curse or a talent to be able to put a damper on literally any thread?