Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2022, 08:43 PM   #1
slunken
Virgo

Default its spooky time what's the scariest thing that ever happened to you? real or not?

I NEED TO KNOW

Old 10-21-2022, 08:46 PM   #2
slunken
Virgo

I've been having a lot of very light nightmares lately. it probably just means i'm aging. perhaps that's the most frightening thing of all.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:38 PM   #3
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

my craziest nightmares occurred when i was a kid. i remember one where i was in a closet and turned on the light and there was a dead body hanging from the ceiling. i killed my stepdad, too, and woke up (still dreaming) to a coffin in the front yard and just knew i was gonna get grounded. was riding a rollercoaster once that ran out of rail and we just flew off and my stomach dropped and was jolted awake. i saw my funeral once from a third-person perspective in a dream and carson daly and jennifer lopez were two of my mourners.

i still have nightmares about doing bad things. i don't often dream about the act of killing people, but i do have dreams that i have killed someone and am terrified of being caught...it sucks! the other night i broke into someone's home to say hi to an old schoolmate. their family rudely kicked me out and i retraced my steps (through an outdoor market for some reason) but realized i could not locate tim's car that i had stolen to get there. i woke up so relieved.

Old 10-22-2022, 02:12 PM   #4
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I have a fair amount of scary things that I've seen, but am not comfortable sharing any of them

Old 10-22-2022, 02:12 PM   #5
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Sorry for being such a tease

Old 10-22-2022, 02:44 PM   #6
ovary
Ownz

a ghost killed my friend rip

Old 10-22-2022, 03:35 PM   #7
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

a friend of a friend lived on our couch for about a month or two in 2013. he was really nice, seemingly

6 yrs later I'm playing a show and the guy who's running sound tells me "hey did you hear about [guy's name] ?"

I hadn't heard about the guy in years but apparently he got bad off on heroin and murdered his girlfriend the night before

retroactively and not "directly" experienced I guess but I'm still pretty floored by it

Old 10-23-2022, 05:27 PM   #8
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I've never experienced anything scary other than normal child abuse stuff

Nothing interesting or cool. Just boring shit like "dad was mean."

Old 10-23-2022, 06:18 PM   #9
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'll mention a story that always scares me: that famous reddit thread in which the narrator's entirety reality crumbles when they notice that a lamp is inverted. Turns out what they perceived as 10 years of their life --someone else's life-- had been lived in detail while their real body was experiencing a brief period of unconsciousness following traumatic injury.

This spooks me on a cellular level. What if was is isn't true?

Old 10-23-2022, 09:04 PM   #10
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Getting errors I don’t understand in my basic multivariate regression in excel that will eat up the last bits of my Labour Day long weekend

Old 10-24-2022, 02:59 AM   #11
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Why aren’t you driving back from your Bach?

Old 10-24-2022, 04:57 AM   #12
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I'll mention a story that always scares me: that famous reddit thread in which the narrator's entirety reality crumbles when they notice that a lamp is inverted. Turns out what they perceived as 10 years of their life --someone else's life-- had been lived in detail while their real body was experiencing a brief period of unconsciousness following traumatic injury.

Aren't you gonna post a link?

WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOX

Old 10-24-2022, 04:59 AM   #13
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Thumbs up

Quote:

This is also one of the coolest storylines in the sopranos - "Kevin Finnerty".

Can't believe how fucking cool David Chase was weaving all that surreal stuff so perfectly with the mafia tropes.

Last edited by teh b0lly!!1 : 10-24-2022 at 09:42 AM. Reason: rex brown

Old 10-24-2022, 09:55 AM   #14
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Y'all don't... y'all have never heard of An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge? Jacob's Ladder?

Old 10-24-2022, 10:08 AM   #15
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Because both of those happened to my uncle

Old 10-24-2022, 10:38 AM   #16
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Red face

Scariest of my adult life: Passenger in a car crash where the other car hit my side; pretty sure I hit my head and blacked out but I didn't go to the doctor because, lol, who has that kind of money. I saw it coming and it really felt like time slowed down as I yelled to the driver that the other car was going to hit us. Or at least that's how I remember it now, lol, head injury so who can say. No one (except me maybe? lol) was seriously hurt, though the car I was in was totaled. More an insurance thing than a level-of-destruction thing.

Scariest of my childhood: I used to have this recurring nightmare that I'd be having a normal day at school or whatever when I'd suddenly get this overwhelming feeling that something horrible was about to happen. Sometimes a person would start acting weird or try to warn me somehow. I'd hear and feel this kind of low thrum, and then I'd be paralyzed and feel something pulling me slowly backwards by my waistband. I would picture this in my mind (I know, whole thing is happening in my mind but you know what I mean) as like a gray hand, though I never saw it. And I knew that when I reached whatever was waiting back there, it would kill me or take me away forever or something. I always woke up before I got there.

Old 10-24-2022, 08:31 PM   #17
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

not scariest thing ever, but pretty worrying

my right foot is acting up without any clear cause or reason. it started as a minor inconvenience just a few hours ago during band practice but it got worse to the point that I can barely walk cause it hurts like shit. the veins are swollen, it's red and it feels like something is being cut off.

called the night shift doctor, he said go to sleep and go visit the doctor tomorrow. which I will.

fucking weird.

Old 10-24-2022, 09:41 PM   #18
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Cellulitis or even gout?

Something very similar-sounding happened to an acquaintance not too long ago. The good news is that he is fine now, though I don't think a cause was ever identified.

Old 10-24-2022, 09:47 PM   #19
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I was thinking cellulitis too, if it's hot and red. Draw a circle around the red spot and see it grows overnight before you see the doctor

Old 10-24-2022, 11:13 PM   #20
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post

my right foot is acting up without any clear cause or reason. it started as a minor inconvenience just a few hours ago during band practice but it got worse to the point that I can barely walk cause it hurts like shit. the veins are swollen, it's red and it feels like something is being cut off.

called the night shift doctor, he said go to sleep and go visit the doctor tomorrow. which I will.

fucking weird.
Dang! Hope your toes n shit settles down that sucks, let us know what happens

How was band practice

Old 10-25-2022, 05:39 AM   #21
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Last edited by vixnix : 10-25-2022 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Sorry

Old 10-25-2022, 12:26 PM   #22
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I touched Morrissey. Twice. I grabbed his cardigan at a record signing in the early 90s. Then a year later i grabbed his shirt sleeve at a concert... he was sweaty.

now i have nightmares about it

Old 10-28-2022, 02:23 AM   #23
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post

fucking weird.
Yikes I hope everything shook out OK. I'd be concerned for a DVT.

Old 10-28-2022, 09:51 AM   #24
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Update: it was gout

Old 10-28-2022, 01:04 PM   #25
ovary
Ownz

if you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my gout

Old 10-28-2022, 09:56 PM   #26
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

sorry but I died

Old 10-29-2022, 12:30 AM   #27
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Scariest of my adult life: Passenger in a car crash where the other car hit my side; pretty sure I hit my head and blacked out but I didn't go to the doctor because, lol, who has that kind of money. I saw it coming and it really felt like time slowed down as I yelled to the driver that the other car was going to hit us. Or at least that's how I remember it now, lol, head injury so who can say. No one (except me maybe? lol) was seriously hurt, though the car I was in was totaled. More an insurance thing than a level-of-destruction thing.

Scariest of my childhood: I used to have this recurring nightmare that I'd be having a normal day at school or whatever when I'd suddenly get this overwhelming feeling that something horrible was about to happen. Sometimes a person would start acting weird or try to warn me somehow. I'd hear and feel this kind of low thrum, and then I'd be paralyzed and feel something pulling me slowly backwards by my waistband. I would picture this in my mind (I know, whole thing is happening in my mind but you know what I mean) as like a gray hand, though I never saw it. And I knew that when I reached whatever was waiting back there, it would kill me or take me away forever or something. I always woke up before I got there.
Jesus fucking christ. Not 11:30PM reading material. Glad you're ok though.

Do you have any thoughts on the grey hand?

Old 10-29-2022, 11:16 AM   #28
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass View Post
Yikes I hope everything shook out OK. I'd be concerned for a DVT.
I went to the doctor next day, barely able to walk, thank god for taxis. he went through a couple of things I could mostly likely have. it's most probably reactive arthritis, something I had never heard of. This was the conclusion since I had a stomach infection a week or 4 ago. I am still trying to wrap my head around how this works but as far as I understand, the arthritis is a reaction to the infection I had before. There are no bacteria in the joint that was aching but the immune system reacts like it's infected.

doctor gave me anti-inflammatory medication, even though I apparently don't have an actual inflammation, which is part of what is puzzling about this to me. The medication however worked super quick. I felt better a couple hours after the first pill and I went to work the day after. Everything's fine or something. Or maybe my immune system just tells me everything's fine.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:24 PM   #29
slunken
Virgo

Quote:

yo wait what's this?

my buddy had a shizo episode involving a lamp too

Old 10-29-2022, 10:28 PM   #30
slunken
Virgo

when i was a kid i had a dream 3 shadow people were in my room and i screamed and my mommy ran into my room