Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2022, 04:20 PM   #1
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Muse - Will of the People

I’ve been pretty done with them for a while, but actually am a massive fan of the new album. It’s cheesy and overdone and over the top but a ton of fun and kind of feels like a greatest hits of all the Muse tropes. Ghosts and Kill or be Killed are ripped straight from Absolution, absolute bangers.

Can’t think of an album in a long time I’ve just had *fun* listening to and not overthinking it.

Old 08-30-2022, 10:09 AM   #2
Elphenor
Braindead

I saw them 10 years ago and they were great in that setting, can't lie

Old 08-30-2022, 02:12 PM   #3
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

i gave this a chance for the hell of it, was kind of a "can't stop looking experience" in the sense of anytime I thought of changing to something else because it was indeed SO over-the-top and on the nose "Musey" but lo & behold, i did no such thing

still think they were at their best w/ the first 2 or 3, the overproduction & shit is kinda baffling when they've actually got the chops to play it all. so sick of this type of god damn drum sound.

Old 08-30-2022, 02:14 PM   #4
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

but i was "muse anyone?"d right to the end credits, so i supposed the jolk is on me

Old 08-31-2022, 04:47 PM   #5
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
i gave this a chance for the hell of it, was kind of a "can't stop looking experience" in the sense of anytime I thought of changing to something else because it was indeed SO over-the-top and on the nose "Musey" but lo & behold, i did no such thing

still think they were at their best w/ the first 2 or 3, the overproduction & shit is kinda baffling when they've actually got the chops to play it all. so sick of this type of god damn drum sound.
Oh yeah, I’m a fan of the early stuff as well. This just was entertaining and at this point in their career that’s all I want since everything since The Resistance has been borderline unlistenable.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:32 PM   #6
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

This new album is like listening to schizophrenia. A band who don't know who they are or want to be anymore. It's just all over the place, throw it at the wall and see what sticks. A lot more misses than hits on this one. Even when they are heavy, it sounds so artificial. There's the band before HAARP and the band after HAARP. Absolution is my favorite album of theirs. But looking back, Black Holes & Revelations was the beginning of the end, getting worse with each following album.

Old 09-05-2022, 02:34 AM   #7
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Muse is a band that made a career pretentiously stealing other bands' sound and style

They're worthless

Old 09-05-2022, 05:14 AM   #8
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
Muse is a band that made a career pretentiously stealing other bands' sound and style

They're worthless
Perhaps, but equally their recent output has been so much more rewarding (and listenable) than the utter gonads Bolly has been spooging out over the last few releases.

Old 09-05-2022, 09:18 AM   #9
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post

They're worthless
Muse at their worst is better than anything Billy’s put out in 20+ years.

Old 09-06-2022, 11:11 AM   #10
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

that's not true, but neither is b0lly's original statement really, so i'll call this one a HOT DRAW.

relistened to some of the Showbiz stuff the other night & it fuckin' slaps. Like yeah it's highly injected w/ a good dose of Radiohead influence but what the fuck wasn't at that time? & i much preferred them being "Cyborg Radiohead" or whatever tf than uh, synthwave Queen or whatever this past round of shit has been

btw, that one part on this new album that sounds almost exactly like the intro of "Swerve City" by Deftones? lol

that's all just lol

Old 09-06-2022, 12:39 PM   #11
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

I mean, at a quick listen to the songs people have mentioned in this thread, it towers over the vast majority of Billy's work from at least 2014 onwards (if not earlier).

Old 09-09-2022, 01:01 AM   #12
Big Truck05
Apocalyptic Poster

Felt the same way. I was on them early and saw them in LA in 2011. I'll check it out.

Old 09-09-2022, 03:31 AM   #13
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

muse sucks