Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #241
redbull
Immortal

OMG THEY MADE A JOKE ABOUT B0LLY WE MUST PWN THEM

Old 11-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #242
redbull
Immortal

ps fuck you jjjbjbjjbjjjb. get the fuck off corgan's dick already and show some objectivity and maybe a sense of humor once in a while.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:57 AM   #243
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
sense of humor once in a while
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy
I only play 4 money
$

Old 11-14-2007, 01:05 AM   #244
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

so no STRTJ.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 AM   #245
jillysp
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
so no STRTJ.
Davin. Let's be happy with the special show they got. Hush it, DETRACTORXBOT!

Old 11-14-2007, 01:10 AM   #246
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
so no STRTJ.
was this on the official printed setlist that Billy sent you telepathically?

Old 11-14-2007, 01:12 AM   #247
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome

Hummer
Starla

Jimmy fuckin Flemoin

AWESOME

Old 11-14-2007, 01:15 AM   #248
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

btw they played Perfect, not LMGTWTY as stated on Hipsters United

Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 AM   #249
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

i was wondering about that. i was like "woah, acoustic LMGTWTY"

was LMGTWTY after Perfect? Or was that completely mentioned in error?

Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 AM   #250
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
i was wondering about that. i was like "woah, acoustic LMGTWTY"

was LMGTWTY after Perfect? Or was that completely mentioned in error?
Completely mentioned in error, unless I was in a temp coma

Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 AM   #251
jjbjjbjjb
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
ps fuck you jjjbjbjjbjjjb. get the fuck off corgan's dick already and show some objectivity and maybe a sense of humor once in a while.
It's tough to unpack the layers of irony here...

1. I make a good-natured joke. Your response is to attack me for not having a sense of humor. Your ability to take a joke is what should be in question here.

2. I good-naturedly own up to my fanboyishness. Your response is to tell me to "show some objectivity". Thanks, but I'm fine the way I am.

Let me clue you in to something, kid: to evaluate is necessarily to abandon objectivity. Someone who has mixed feelings about item X is no more objective than someone who loves it or someone who hates it: each of these people are offering evaluations, which are necessarily subjective. So when we're talking about "good" and "bad", objectivity isn't even an issue.

What is an issue, however, is honesty. If a person who claims to have mixed feelings truly does not has those mixed feelings, his deliberate injection of "balance" into his evaluation is dishonest. Monte's occasional disses of the band come off as forced to me, like he's trying to fit in. The guy has flown all over the country for the band this year, he loves them. Now, I'm not saying there can't possibly be things about them he doesn't like...I'm sure there are. And no, I don't know Monte personally. But, hey, it's a message board...I'm shooting from the hip and I call 'em as I see 'em. It's not like I expect him to agree with me ("You're right, jjb! I don't really feel those things!"), but our having this conversation is not necessarily all about Monte. This is a public forum, so it's as much about the readers, the lurkers. I want them to know that there are people who read this board and think, "boy, that half-hearted diss that so-and-so just posted is so phony".

I have to admit, though, that when it comes to you, redbull, I actually do think your band- and fan-bashing is honest. A lot of huge Pumpkins fans are deeply self-loathing.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:32 AM   #252
TuralyonW3
Immortal

crazy ass show

hmm seemed to go on forever with a lot of different songs

jimmy flemion was on guitar with billy on bass, fucking around with "we only play for money" for a looooooooong time. billy closed with disarm while jimmy fucked around with the mike like it was his dick, kinda ruining the mood. overall pretty awesome show.

I met the mysterious tcm which was pretty awesome!

perfect acoustic was played with jimmy c on tambo, no lmgtwty

Old 11-14-2007, 01:42 AM   #253
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3
crazy ass show

hmm seemed to go on forever with a lot of different songs

jimmy flemion was on guitar with billy on bass, fucking around with "we only play for money" for a looooooooong time. billy closed with disarm while jimmy fucked around with the mike like it was his dick, kinda ruining the mood. overall pretty awesome show.

I met the mysterious tcm which was pretty awesome!

perfect acoustic was played with jimmy c on tambo, no lmgtwty

i ws right next to you guys- you were to my left. i just read your post about you being there and what you looked like.

crazy show indeed. when i walked up to the venue and i heard them soundchecking the frogs song, i was thinking 'this sounds very authentic.' i hadnt seen the myspace post yet. i texted fogelsong to let him know, and that they followed with taxman.

my knees hurt. this stupid bitch next to me wanted my spot. when i wouldnt give it to her after 3 songs or so, she started kicking me in the shins. i elbowed the shit out of her ribs, and she left.

fuck you whore.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 AM   #254
TuralyonW3
Immortal

lol yeah there were some annoying bitches there

Old 11-14-2007, 01:50 AM   #255
somaziro
Ownz

loved the show although by the setlist you may think it was a generic show, tons and tons of singles were played, buuuttt the show really kicked ass

highlights for me where starla, hummer and pomp
only songs that were not played that i wanted to hear where let me give the world and home

i have NEVER EVER EVER in my life seen billy smile so much, he was genuinely having a great time, the crowd was great, singing along to the songs, billy was enjoying the shit outta that - when Zero started there was a huuggee pit that just erupted

lucky 13 had a great heavy metal new ending to it

billy fucked up a few times in different songs, fucked up the guitar solo in a few songs, forgot the lyrics to perfect, but he just kept smiling it off when he screwed up.

I was about 3 people back from the front in between ginger and billy, billy played a ton of solos right in front of me... it was great.

met andrew briefly before the show started for like 5 seconds =)

Old 11-14-2007, 01:52 AM   #256
TuralyonW3
Immortal

hey tcm if you read this, sorry, I wasn't trying to pry into your personal info, I was just trying to make ocnversation! it was cool meeting you.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:53 AM   #257
SlingeroGuitaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by somaziro
l
met andrew briefly before the show started for like 5 seconds =)
haha, before or after his whisky run?

Old 11-14-2007, 01:55 AM   #258
somaziro
Ownz

it was as we were walking in, he saw my Arising T-shirt and asked if I was from netphoria hehehe - I let him know it was from ebay and probably a fake shirt but it still looks cool

Old 11-14-2007, 01:57 AM   #259
somaziro
Ownz

by the way... my ears are totally still ringing lol

Old 11-14-2007, 01:57 AM   #260
SlingeroGuitaro

after!

Old 11-14-2007, 02:02 AM   #261
somaziro
Ownz

the people around me thought i was psychic because i kept calling out what song they were about to play before they played it b/c i could tell from what guitar billy had.... it was pretty fun, i guess it shows how much of a fanboi i am

Old 11-14-2007, 02:07 AM   #262
bja1288
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by somaziro
the people around me thought i was psychic because i kept calling out what song they were about to play before they played it b/c i could tell from what guitar billy had.... it was pretty fun, i guess it shows how much of a fanboi i am
http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/4238/cookieti0.jpg

Old 11-14-2007, 02:09 AM   #263
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

They played Tar-an-too-la just for tcm! I wasn't sure if it'd be in the setlist tonight!!!! Congrats tcm!!!

Man that song is great live

Old 11-14-2007, 02:10 AM   #264
somaziro
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bja1288
hahah owned

Old 11-14-2007, 02:11 AM   #265
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro
my knees hurt. this stupid bitch next to me wanted my spot. when i wouldnt give it to her after 3 songs or so, she started kicking me in the shins. i elbowed the shit out of her ribs, and she left.

fuck you whore.
You got some serious LOLing out of me here. Nice work

Old 11-14-2007, 02:20 AM   #266
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro

fuck you whore.
There were some very annoying people there - very

but most people were cool, and obviously BC loved the crowd because he really was the happiest i've ever seen him ha

Old 11-14-2007, 02:28 AM   #267
damp roads
Pledge

good show, cant' wait for dallas

good meeting you Cam and Andrew

Old 11-14-2007, 02:51 AM   #268
spidersoma
Ownz

I left my house at 5:30 ... got parked by 7:20. Traffic was terrible. It was myself and my friends Joe, James, Stephen, Raquel, Zeke, Victoria, Hannah, and some dude. We were 10 people back from Jeff and the HOT keyboardist [who is she? She's so much better looking than Ginger].

If you saw a guy in an adidas track jacket with the SD era Smashing Pumpkins clown shirt [with all the Gish/PI/SD era songs listed on back], then you saw me ... yeah yeah yeah. I broke my rule about not wearing a band's shirt to their show.

So ... highlights ... first off, let me say I missed all of WMMF's show and got there 10 min. before SP started. I got a great view, but the place ended up packing out like crazy.

Billy seemed exceptionally happy with the crowd, was all smiles, and gave a very lengthy and personable farewell to all sections of the venue. Austin was very loud, very responsive, very energetic. We know how to rock a concert. I forgot about "Drown" being a regular staple, my friend James [a casual fan] did not like it and said "it lacked passion." I agree that it sounded watered-down live, but it made up for the weird lull BWBW seemed to cause.

The first song, United States/Star Spangled Banner was amazing, great guitar work by Billy.

BTL was great, TT was great, Tarantula was great ... Starla was my highlight as it's in my Top 5 list of favorite SP songs of all time. So good to hear Hummer. Then the two Billy solo acoustic songs began [1979 and Perfect] .... this is when two SMELLY hippies moved in front of us, slapping us in the face with their dirty, wet, smelly, grungy hair. I actually turned the hippie dude around by the shoulder and told him he hit 4 of us in the face with his hair and told him if he didn't cut it out I would make sure his ass was thrown out. He was an idiot about it, his girlfriend was very nice and apologetic. I told them both that I wanted them to have fun and a great time but that we wanted to as well and they were making it difficult. It turned out to be a very civil conversation in the end. I was thanked by several random strangers around me.

I've never heard 1979 acoustic before. I was not expecting it to be that good. It was definitely a highlight.
Perfect was great, Billy tells us the show was re-scheduled due to Jimmy saying "Fuck these shows, I'm out of here" and having a wonderful vacation in China. Jimmy was just grinning doing his "man pose" [one leg propped up on the front of the drum kit] in his shorts.

SIYL was great, Zero I didn't pay much attention to due to it being another stupid hair banging, arms dancing in the air Hippie fest [i actually had the above conversation with them after Zero, they calmed down immediately then completely moved a few songs later].

P+C was really enjoyable, much better live than on Zeitgeist, same goes for Doomsday Clock. Superchrist was inbetween those two and was my friend James' favorite song of the evening.

HMM was great ... Billy sang a few lines out of Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit" ["One pill makes you larger And one pill makes you small And the ones that mother gives you Don't do anything at all, Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall" SRV, On the Road Again, I Love Rock n Roll [snore]. Band leaves. Encore chant.

Band returns ... Cherub Rock. So much energy from band and crowd. Band leaves.

Band returns [2 encores?!?]. yep, second encore. Lucky 13 ... one of my faves from M2. Cool outtro.

This is when Billy starts acting really goofy [but in a cool way]. He walks to the side of the stage and starts motioning at and talking to a man in slacks, tshirt, and sports coat. He's taller than Billy and bald. Billy Sr.?? Nope, Billy comes back center stage and says "I would like to tell you a story if you'll hear it." Crowd complies, of course. He said "In 1990 we were in Madison, WI recording our first album ... Gish [crowd goes nuts]. I had the pleasure of meeting/talking to a legend ... it's not every day i get to introduce a legend, but this man is legendary and so is his band ... everyone ... Mr. Jimmy Flemion from the Frogs!" He comes out, Billy goes to Ginger's spot and picks up the bass and Jimmy F. busts into the Frog's "I Play 4 the Money." Then he plays "Taxman." He was doing crazy solos on his knees, he even climbed up several amps until he was standing over Jimmy and they had musical intercourse onstage. Billy was cracking up and really enjoying himself the whole time. He seemed to be having the best time of his life.

Jimmy F. walked up to Billy and humped him after they hugged. He really wanted to break the guitar, but it was Billy's so he stopped, you could tell Jimmy F. was really into the solos and the music. Jeff was also to the side of the stage taking 50 million photos.

The crowd started getting restless, Mr. Flemion was starting to grate on people ... i could hear much muttering and people calling out "That's enough! No more!" lol.

So Billy says it's the end of the show [and he was completely serious]. People start booing and begging for one more. Billy looks at us like he doesn't know what to do. He just stands there and looks at us as if trying to make a decision but not knowing what to do. He's screwing around on the guitar and Jimmy F. runs up and says "Hey, that sounds like that really great song, Disarm." Now, the funny thing is that whatever Billy was playing around, it wasn't anything remotely close to Disarm. However, upon hearing the word "disarm," the crowd went nuts and Billy said "OK OK!" So he played it solo on electric until the HOTT keyboardist ran out and played the strings part with him. It was unrehearsed, unplanned, and a great end to a great show. Billy said "OK, I'm serious, show is OVER!" Then he walked around the entire length of the stage and got to the edge and waved to every section for a while.

Last edited by spidersoma : 11-14-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:04 AM   #269
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

a) he wasn't serious at ALL when he said the show's over the first time. obviously he was the second time, because it ended :P
b) I would bet money on disarm being on the real setlist, no way it was impromptu

Old 11-14-2007, 03:23 AM   #270
spidersoma
Ownz

i disagree. billy playing disarm solo electric? that's unprecedented, and the keyboardist ran out after billy was a good way through the first verse. that was totally random and ad-libbed.