Ram27
dumb

Default america denying women bodily autonomy IN HELL

cool place

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...inion-00029473

Old 05-03-2022, 10:08 AM   #2
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Cool

Hey folks, the last election was the most important in US history. It was so, so important to donate. Just, piles and piles of cash. So important. And we won! And look at what a difference it's made. Instead of doing a plummet straight down, the Dems have done some strong work making the plummet a few degrees off straight down.

Hey folks, this next election is the most important in US history. It is so, so important to donate.

Old 05-03-2022, 10:16 AM   #3
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Thumbs up

[In 2023] Hey folks, anyone having or performing an abortion has been executed. Anyone queer in any way: executed. Anyone who fornicated with or married outside their race, and any extended family members of such guilty parties: executed. This next election is the most important in US history. It is so, so important to donate.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:03 PM   #4
Elphenor
Braindead

well this is the result of not voting for Hillary

that election was pretty important

Old 05-03-2022, 01:54 PM   #5
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Question

You've looked at the state of the country and what various people in power have done to it, you've looked at anti-trans laws, laws prohibiting abortions past a timeline in which most women don't even know they're pregnant, laws to "prevent election fraud," blatant gerrymandering, and the upcoming overturning of Roe v Wade, and your ire is directed at disillusioned Democrat voters. Okay.

Clinton was a terrible candidate who, like everyone in Dem leadership, did not take Trump seriously and assumed she would be handed the presidency on a silver platter, and campaigned that way. Not exactly shocking that people picked up on that attitude and decided it wasn't worth taking off work that day to vote.

Old 05-03-2022, 02:26 PM   #6
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Question

Also, about three million more people voted for Clinton than Trump. So, would you like to just start listing specific Dem non-voters in red states whose fault this is?

Old 05-03-2022, 02:38 PM   #7
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I want to build a time machine so I can show all of today's headlines to all the dum-dums in 2016 who were saying shit like "voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil! You guys are fear-mongering by telling me that the world will implode if Hillary doesn't win!"

Welp, enjoy the theocratic backwater hellhole for the next 50 years.

Old 05-03-2022, 03:40 PM   #8
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

A friend of mine back in Metro DC is an abortion provider. She has been involved in organizing underground for the past two years. She provides abortion pills through a mail network. Women in need get in touch with her, she sends the script to a state where it should remain legal, and then someone else sends the prescription to the patient.

This isn't something that is going to happen. It's already happening. Much of the country has no abortion services, despite it still technically being legal.

Old 05-03-2022, 05:35 PM   #9
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Oh no NEVER Hillary

Although i can't entirely blame those in a country with a two party system. Was the US always doomed for extreme polarization/civl war/Handmaid's Tale scenarios?

Old 05-04-2022, 02:35 PM   #10
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
You've looked at the state of the country and what various people in power have done to it, you've looked at anti-trans laws, laws prohibiting abortions past a timeline in which most women don't even know they're pregnant, laws to "prevent election fraud," blatant gerrymandering, and the upcoming overturning of Roe v Wade, and your ire is directed at disillusioned Democrat voters. Okay.

Clinton was a terrible candidate who, like everyone in Dem leadership, did not take Trump seriously and assumed she would be handed the presidency on a silver platter, and campaigned that way. Not exactly shocking that people picked up on that attitude and decided it wasn't worth taking off work that day to vote.
Quote:
Also, about three million more people voted for Clinton than Trump. So, would you like to just start listing specific Dem non-voters in red states whose fault this is?
Guys, it’s my fault

Sorry but it’s true

Promised god, who used to talk to me thru my alarm clock and thus with whom i have a rather close relationship with, that sorry god and i wouldn’t masturbate to tittyshows anymore, way back in summer 2016

Almost immediately broke that promise, and my life and the worlds been progressively more shitty since. im am so sorry that u all have to suffer thru this doomsday with me

Old 05-04-2022, 05:36 PM   #11
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:

blah blah blah

everyone was made aware of what was at stake

Old 05-04-2022, 09:00 PM   #12
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Wonder what Fuzzy thinks of this

Also blaming this on not voting for Hillary is my favorite bad take

Old 05-04-2022, 09:19 PM   #13
ilikeplanets
Braindead

The last thing I ever wonder is what Fuzzy thinks about anything, particularly horrifying political news

Old 05-04-2022, 09:39 PM   #14
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Wonder what Fuzzy thinks of this

fuzzy is a born again Christian, I'm sure he loves it

Old 05-04-2022, 09:41 PM   #15
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

schadenfreude

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamblingAdd...he_bargaining/

at least he doesn't appear to be betting on sports anymore thinking he can outsmart the system? straight games of chance now

Old 05-05-2022, 01:19 AM   #16
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Oh no NEVER Hillary

Although i can't entirely blame those in a country with a two party system. Was the US always doomed for extreme polarization/civl war/Handmaid's Tale scenarios?
Any first-past-the-post system inevitably devolves into a two-party system. So yeah, the U.S. and Canada were pretty much both doomed to be two-party systems by Duverger's Law.

As for the U.S. becoming Handmaid's Tale thing, that was probably a contingent mix of being settled by booted Pilgrims who saw sex so negatively that even British people were creeped out, Reagan courting fundamentalists into his coalition by waving a Bible around in order to get them to vote against their own economic interests by supporting rich people, and some other things I don't remember or understand because I'm not American and have no authority to speak on this and am just kinda talking out of my ass right now idk

Old 05-05-2022, 01:45 AM   #17
ilikeplanets
Braindead

At least you admit it, so clearly you aren't American

Old 05-05-2022, 08:12 AM   #18
ovary
Ownz

i_was_aborted to thread

Old 05-05-2022, 10:48 AM   #19
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
I have an admittedly wild guess, unsupported by a poll or anything, that a lot of people who feel this way do so because this was the first election they paid attention to

Overturning Roe v Wade has been like the #1 priority of the Republican party since the day it became the law of the land, and if Trump hadn't put some of the final pieces in place to do so, it's laughable to think that was their one shot at it and the next conservative president down the line wouldn't get it done somehow

Old 05-05-2022, 11:55 AM   #20
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Overturning Roe v Wade has been like the #1 priority of the Republican party since the day it became the law of the land
well haven't they had 50 years ever since?

Old 05-05-2022, 12:12 PM   #21
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
I have an admittedly wild guess, unsupported by a poll or anything, that a lot of people who feel this way do so because this was the first election they paid attention to

Overturning Roe v Wade has been like the #1 priority of the Republican party since the day it became the law of the land, and if Trump hadn't put some of the final pieces in place to do so, it's laughable to think that was their one shot at it and the next conservative president down the line wouldn't get it done somehow
somewhere down the line, as in, when what would have been a Democratic justice retired from their lifetime appointment

Old 05-05-2022, 01:03 PM   #22
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

ah, education like such as in South Africa, and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as

Old 05-05-2022, 01:18 PM   #23
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Quote:
somewhere down the line, as in, when what would have been a Democratic justice retired from their lifetime appointment
You know Dems are currently talking about expanding the court to turn it liberal, right? Like, that's something they can do today, and Reps can also do the next time they're in power?

Or, yes, when someone dies or steps down. Kennedy stepped down in 2018, Ginsburg died in 2020, Breyer is retiring in a couple of months. You seem to be saying it never happens despite it happening three times in the past four years. Have you seen how old these motherfuckers are?

I mean, what are you arguing? You're still talking like, if it weren't happening right now, then it wouldn't happen for decades and... what? Then it would again be our fault for not voting for Chelsea?

Old 05-06-2022, 06:01 PM   #24
slunken
Virgo

women will literally do anything they can to not take responsibility for their actions

Old 05-06-2022, 06:05 PM   #25
slunken
Virgo

lol

Old 05-06-2022, 09:15 PM   #26
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Yes good joke

Old 05-06-2022, 09:42 PM   #27
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Old 05-08-2022, 01:20 AM   #28
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

the elimination of the Roe decision will also eliminate the legal principle of a Right to Privacy and everything else that's connected with it. Alito's majority decision says that all the rights based on right to privacy are invalid. Not just abortion.

That right to privacy is what stopped states from outlawing interracial marriage. It stops the government from outlawing birth control. It stops the government from outlawing same sex relationships. Only a few decades ago trans people could be arrested for walking down the street, because most cities had laws against "cross dressing." A few decades ago gay people could be arrested under sodomy laws... but that was only stopped by expansion of Right to Privacy. Take away right to privacy and you take away all of this.

The end of Roe v Wade will also be the effective end of Griswold v Connecticut, which made birth control legal nationwide. Some states legislatures are already writing laws to outlaw birth control. Some states have those laws on their books from BEFORE 1965, when the Griswold ruling occured. Many states have old anti abortion laws which become effective again as soon as the Supreme Court formally issues Alito's decision.

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 05-08-2022 at 01:29 AM.

Old 05-08-2022, 01:41 AM   #29
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
You know Dems are currently talking about expanding the court to turn it liberal, right? Like, that's something they can do today, and Reps can also do the next time they're in power?

Or, yes, when someone dies or steps down. Kennedy stepped down in 2018, Ginsburg died in 2020, Breyer is retiring in a couple of months. You seem to be saying it never happens despite it happening three times in the past four years. Have you seen how old these motherfuckers are?

I mean, what are you arguing? You're still talking like, if it weren't happening right now, then it wouldn't happen for decades and... what? Then it would again be our fault for not voting for Chelsea?
Unless another justice leaves the court before the end of this year Biden will not get another court appointment. if he wanted to add a 10th or 11th justice to the court he would need all 50 democrats in the Senate to agree to it. They won't. Sinema and Manchin would NEVER agree to expanding the court. And I suspect there are at LEAST two dozen other Dem senators who would not go along with it. Because they're not actually "liberal" and they don't really give a shit.... or they think they'll somehow magically win the next election and all this will go away.

the GOP will take over the Senate and House next January. And for the next two years they are not going to approve ANY of Biden's appointments. Not to SCOTUS. Not to lower courts. Probably not to government agencies. If any more justices leave the court before 2025 their seat will be left empty until Trump or Desantis is in the White House.

Democrats could pass laws protecting birth control, marriage equality, abortion, etc. But they won't. None of them will pass the Senate... because at the very most Dems only have 48 votes for any of that. Sinema and Manchin won't vote to pass any of those hypothetical laws.

It's over. There's not going to be any court packing. No new laws are going to be passed to save the day, because there are too many conservative/moderate Dems in congress who don't really care or support any of these rights.

There is no quiet behind the scenes planning for packing the court. It's not going to happen. Nobody in DC is seriously considering it.

Old 05-08-2022, 10:10 AM   #30
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:

WOKKA WOKKA WOKKA