Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2020, 02:17 PM   #61
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I mean I think UFOs are extremely interesting and I have always been fascinated by the idea that alien life has visited Earth. But there's no evidence UFOs are aliens, and we've never found any other evidence for other advanced civilizations, from Dyson spheres/swarms around other stars, or colonization, or interstellar probes, or radio signals, or anything. It's just far more likely it's something else
There’s actually a lot of evidence

In fact in our courts eyewitness testimony is considered as good as it gets, when u wanna prove shit

Somehow, though, we’ve let UFO witnesses get discredited and ridiculed and yelled down for a long long time, until ppl feel totally comfortable exclaiming “there’s no evidence”

Old 04-29-2020, 02:20 PM   #62
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Did Nate Silver take a second look at the Rendelsham Forest Incident again? The Phoenix Lights? Please consult your data when u get a chance, and let us know who will win the next election on Venus, thanks
there is a reason that most people who are actually searching for alien life seriously, like folks at SETI, are enthusiastic but extremely, extremely cautious and critical, and people who just "want to believe" are watching skinwatcher ranch on history channel

Old 04-29-2020, 02:20 PM   #63
redbreegull

Quote:
There’s actually a lot of evidence

In fact in our courts eyewitness testimony is considered as good as it gets, when u wanna prove shit

Somehow, though, we’ve let UFO witnesses get discredited and ridiculed and yelled down for a long long time, until ppl feel totally comfortable exclaiming “there’s no evidence”
eyewitness testimony is shit level evidence in science

it's actually been shown to be pretty terrible in court as well. lots of innocent people go to jail because of eyewitness testimony

Old 04-29-2020, 02:22 PM   #64
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
there is a reason that most people who are actually searching for alien life seriously, like folks at SETI, are enthusiastic but extremely, extremely cautious and critical, and people who just "want to believe" are watching skinwatcher ranch on history channel
Pro tip: only way to get $ to research aliens is to be Super Extra Cautiously Extremely Critical Plus Skeptical As All Fuck, Also Could You Shower and Shave, Thanks

Old 04-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #65
redbreegull

Talking

alright dude you're right they are walking among us

Old 04-29-2020, 02:24 PM   #66
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
eyewitness testimony is shit level evidence in science

it's actually been shown to be pretty terrible in court as well. lots of innocent people go to jail because of eyewitness testimony
Ok so fuck the eyewitnesses, all of them, got it

Still does not = “no evidence”

Old 04-29-2020, 02:32 PM   #67
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Are you talking about eyewitnesses who saw aliens exiting a spacecraft, or just people who saw something in the sky and didn't know what they were looking at

Old 04-29-2020, 02:35 PM   #68
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
people who saw something in the sky and didn't know what they were looking at
it was clearly Moby

it's always Moby

Old 04-29-2020, 02:41 PM   #69
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
alright dude you're right they are walking among us
No don’t get me wrong, UFOs probably aren’t aliens at all, who would think such a thing!

What troubles me is the pile-on mentality where everyone rushes to discredit people who want to talk about when someone in a weird ship took them in the night and stuff

Believe the victim and everything, right? Or at least don’t ridicule the living shit out of them? Especially when the campaign of ridicule comes direct from the motherfucking bureaucrats who can’t under any circumstance admit that the government, police, military aren’t all-powerful and in charge of what happens to us

Old 04-29-2020, 02:45 PM   #70
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Are you talking about eyewitnesses who saw aliens exiting a spacecraft, or just people who saw something in the sky and didn't know what they were looking at
We’re talking about Betty and Barney Hill, here. We’re talking about the hundreds of thousands of people who describe remarkably consistent interactions with extraterrestrials

But it’s probably all BS, and the aliens were likely not guilty, after all, what with cross-racial identification being such an issue

Old 04-29-2020, 02:46 PM   #71
redbreegull

Quote:
Ok so fuck the eyewitnesses, all of them, got it

Still does not = “no evidence”
no scientific evidence. nothing quantifiable that can be studied or measured. people reported seeing fairies for hundreds of years

Quote:
No don’t get me wrong, UFOs probably aren’t aliens at all, who would think such a thing!

What troubles me is the pile-on mentality where everyone rushes to discredit people who want to talk about when someone in a weird ship took them in the night and stuff

Believe the victim and everything, right? Or at least don’t ridicule the living shit out of them? Especially when the campaign of ridicule comes direct from the motherfucking bureaucrats who can’t under any circumstance admit that the government, police, military aren’t all-powerful and in charge of what happens to us
wat

Old 04-29-2020, 02:49 PM   #72
run2pee
Minion of Satan

If u could expand on “wat” i would be happy to elucidate any points which i failed to communicate and/or u failed to comprehend

Old 04-29-2020, 02:51 PM   #73
run2pee
Minion of Satan

“Fantastically unlikely” is kinda loaded, isn’t it? Breeg all im suggesting is some soul searching; for such an open minded guy who tends to listen and empathize with folks, r u maybe a little contemptuous of ppl who believe they’ve interacted with aliens? If so, might be worth asking yourself why

Old 04-29-2020, 02:55 PM   #74
FoolofaTook

Red face

Quote:
soul searching

Old 04-29-2020, 02:56 PM   #75
redbreegull

I think I'm being trolled

Old 04-29-2020, 03:05 PM   #76
FoolofaTook

tbh i thought the jeebus shit by trev and yash was trolling as well

Old 04-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #77
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I think I'm being trolled
Never have i ever trolled u, not even once on this board. Sorry i thought we were having a blast with our discourse there

Old 04-29-2020, 03:13 PM   #78
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Quote:
We’re talking about Betty and Barney Hill, here. We’re talking about the hundreds of thousands of people who describe remarkably consistent interactions with extraterrestrials
………………………
…………………………………
…………………
…………………………………
……………
……………oh

Old 04-29-2020, 03:17 PM   #79
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
………………………
…………………………………
…………………
…………………………………
……………
……………oh
See? Not even topley, one of our most tolerant of catbirds, thinks it’s even remotely ok to suggest what i just suggested

As a culture we are allergic to ufo/alien stuff. It’s even more vehement than like, ghost talk. Yet if i wanna worship my white hunky god by going to a big room and hearing a man talk every Sunday, holy shit we better protect my rights

Old 04-29-2020, 03:23 PM   #80
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

all this from a guy who acted like it was ludicrous when a user suggested the career paths of The Strokes & Queens of the Stone Age had some similarities once. now that is rich!

I suppose we all "pick our poisons"

Old 04-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #81
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

but hang on

what exactly is it that you're suggesting RtM

that somewhere among all those who said they witnessed aliens must be one who spoke the truth?

Old 04-29-2020, 03:59 PM   #82
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I mean I definitely believe we're not alone, just the chance that someone in our lifetime, or even in the lifespan of humans on this planet will have first contact is um, small

Old 04-29-2020, 04:14 PM   #83
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
but hang on

what exactly is it that you're suggesting RtM

that somewhere among all those who said they witnessed aliens must be one who spoke the truth?
Thanks for asking, pretty clearly not communicating myself clearly, here, and for that i humbly offer my sorriest of apologies

All im suggesting is that 1) there is widespread animosity toward the overwhelmingly huge group of human beings on this planet who we would call UFO witnesses, including outright delegitimizing of their testimony (i.e. “there is no evidence,”) 2) that this animosity was, in large part, engineered by identifiable bureaucrats as part of a cynical ploy to misdirect/defuse the public’s attention away from the topic, and 3) it’s worth asking ourselves whether our attitudes toward the UFO question (and witnesses in particular) align with our (professed) values of tolerance, empathy, and open mindedness

Old 04-29-2020, 04:19 PM   #84
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Personally i think it’s interdimensional monkey business, rather than nuts and bolts crafts from other planets, that comprises the majority of sightings. But that’s just like, my opinion, man

Old 04-29-2020, 04:25 PM   #85
redbreegull

I saw a bigfoot once

Old 04-29-2020, 04:28 PM   #86
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Take Dr. John Mack, for example (he was head of the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and studied abductions in the ‘90s):

Quote:
When I first encountered this phenomenon, or particularly even before I had actually seen the people themselves, I had very little place in my mind to take this seriously. I, like most of us, were raised to believe that if we were going to discover other intelligence, we'd do it through radio waves or through signals or something of that kind.

The idea that we could be reached by some other kind of being, creature, intelligence that could actually enter our world and have physical effects as well as emotional effects, was simply not part of the world view that I had been raised in. So that I came very reluctantly to the conclusion that this was a true mystery. In other words, that I—I did everything I could to rule out other sources, or sexual abuse. Some of these people are abused. But they're able to tell, distinguish clearly the abduction trauma from other forms of abuse. Some forms of psychosis or people making up stories—I could reject that on the basis that there was no gain in this for the vast majority of these people.

.... I've now worked with over a hundred experiencers intensively. Which involves an initial two-hour or so screening interview before I do anything else. And in case after case after case, I've been impressed with the consistency of the story, the sincerity with which people tell their stories, the power of feelings connected with this, the self-doubt—all the appropriate responses that these people have to their experiences.
And then you look at what happened to him, for the sin of empathizing with these patients

Old 04-29-2020, 04:29 PM   #87
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I saw a bigfoot once
Kickass, what happened

Old 04-29-2020, 04:31 PM   #88
LaBelle
Socialphobic

i'm the alien

Old 04-29-2020, 04:36 PM   #89
redbreegull

Quote:
Kickass, what happened
turns out they can actually stand on their arms and use their feet as manipulators like orangutans and they can even drive cars this way

Old 04-29-2020, 04:37 PM   #90
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

run to you, I love you, unconditionally, forever and always, let that be known first and foremost