Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2023, 12:15 PM   #91
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I was super disappointed when we got the same few songs from the brixton show on the box set. that was a dumb.

Old 05-28-2023, 02:09 PM   #92
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaldust View Post
Absolutely I did. AND I enjoyed it.

For reference:

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari.../english/enjoy
Thank you for encouraging Billy to continue making audible diarrhea

Old 05-28-2023, 05:05 PM   #93
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaldust View Post
Yeah, I've come to see this as the established discourse of the board. Negativity as a practice so systematized that some mistake it for fact. And, like most discourses, the material created within it is defended and policed to irrational extremes that actually overturn the very basis and validity of the so-called facts.
ChatGPT has entered the forum.

Old 05-28-2023, 06:26 PM   #94
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Dear fellow members of this message board,

I feel compelled to address a pressing issue that has been gnawing at my conscience for far too long. It saddens me to witness the overwhelming tide of negativity that engulfs our virtual community. It seems as though our collective discourse has become nothing more than a breeding ground for disdain, contempt, and an insidious desire to belittle one another. How have we allowed ourselves to sink so low? We are intelligent, thoughtful individuals capable of fostering an environment of respect, understanding, and open-mindedness. It is high time we rise above this toxic culture and embrace the values of compassion, empathy, and constructive dialogue. Instead of tearing each other down, let us seek common ground, extend a hand of friendship, and endeavor to make this corner of the internet a bastion of positivity and enlightenment. Our words possess power; let us use them wisely to inspire, uplift, and unite. Together, we can reshape the narrative and set an example for the world to follow. It is time for a paradigm shift. It is time for change.

With heartfelt sincerity,

Old 05-28-2023, 08:18 PM   #95
Slygmous
Ikari Rake Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I was super disappointed when we got the same few songs from the brixton show on the box set. that was a dumb.
It's been a few years but I think I remember someone asking about that in the instagram Q&A blockfests. I think he said something about not having the full show recorded, though I thought he recorded everything after 1995 so not sure what's up with that.
Maybe there is no full SBD Brixton show.

edit:

Last edited by Slygmous : 05-28-2023 at 08:38 PM.

Old 05-28-2023, 08:52 PM   #96
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slygmous View Post
It's been a few years but I think I remember someone asking about that in the instagram Q&A blockfests. I think he said something about not having the full show recorded, though I thought he recorded everything after 1995 so not sure what's up with that.

edit:
That's a huge bummer.
But then it begs the question why not pick a concert they had the full recording for instead of putting out brixton again? Sure Brixton is a badass concert, but it's been widely available for ages.

Oh well, here's hoping they put out some cool concerts on audio for everyone to enjoy.

Old 05-28-2023, 08:55 PM   #97
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
Hey I love Darcy as much as the next old school creep ass fan, but let's not put her panned vocal on a pedestal here.

hey she get's a solo word on the imploding voice, is that a duet too? How about one and two with james?

Dreaming is the only real duet.
Untroo fan alert.

Old 05-28-2023, 10:11 PM   #98
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post

I feel compelled to address a pressing issue that has been gnawing at my conscience for far too long. It saddens me to witness the overwhelming tide of negativity that engulfs our virtual community. It seems as though our collective discourse has become nothing more than a breeding ground for disdain, contempt, and an insidious desire to belittle one another. How have we allowed ourselves to sink so low? We are intelligent, thoughtful individuals capable of fostering an environment of respect, understanding, and open-mindedness. It is high time we rise above this toxic culture and embrace the values of compassion, empathy, and constructive dialogue. Instead of tearing each other down, let us seek common ground, extend a hand of friendship, and endeavor to make this corner of the internet a bastion of positivity and enlightenment. Our words possess power; let us use them wisely to inspire, uplift, and unite. Together, we can reshape the narrative and set an example for the world to follow. It is time for a paradigm shift. It is time for change.

Dear Beloved Forum Members,

I approach you today with a mix of apprehension and a sincere desire to share a personal experience that has remained hidden within the recesses of my being for far too long. As someone who has grown fond of this forum's supportive atmosphere, I feel it's time to open up about a rather peculiar event that unfolded during a significant milestone in my life—a moment that involved not just intimate connection but also an unexpected symphony of honks.

Before delving into the details, I humbly request your understanding and open-mindedness, for the topic I'm about to address intertwines two seemingly unrelated realms: sex and comedy. With courage and vulnerability, I aim to shed light on the importance of embracing humor even in the most awkward and uncomfortable situations.

Let me take you back to a time when I found myself on the precipice of losing my virginity—a moment filled with both anticipation and jitters. Little did I know that fate had a whimsical twist in store for me. As the intimate encounter unfolded, an unexpected sound escaped from my body—a honk. Yes, you read it right, a honk honk! In that precise moment of vulnerability and connection, humor sneaked its way into my life in the most unexpected manner.

The air hung heavy with the weight of embarrassment and surprise as the honking incident unfolded. Laughter echoed through the room, mingling with my own mix of confusion and self-consciousness. In the face of such an unconventional turn of events, I experienced a wave of emotions—mixture of laughter, awkwardness, and a tinge of relief. It was an incident that could have brought embarrassment and ruined the moment, but instead, it became a catalyst for connection, humor, and self-acceptance.

Reflecting upon that moment, I've come to embrace the beauty of life's unexpected quirks. We are all bound to experience moments that defy our expectations, reminding us of our shared humanity. By embracing humor and laughter, we not only diffuse tension but also find solace in the understanding that we're not alone in navigating life's surprises.

Dear fellow forum members, I implore you to join me in celebrating the power of humor and empathy. Let us create a space where we can discuss and embrace the awkward, the unconventional, and the humorous. Together, we can foster an environment where our shared experiences become a testament to our resilience and ability to find joy even in the most unexpected circumstances.

I extend an invitation to all of you to share your own stories of humor, awkwardness, and personal growth. Let us embark on a journey of self-discovery through laughter and understanding, for it is in these shared moments that we find our truest connections.

Thank you for lending an ear to my tale. I eagerly anticipate your responses, filled with stories, laughter, and the strength to embrace life's honk honks with open hearts and broad smiles.

Warmest regards,

Old 05-28-2023, 10:58 PM   #99
vitaldust
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: a melting apocalyptic jungle bleeding out of me like a dream

Quote:

The spirit of this verbal hallucination only proves the very point that you intended to mock.

Old 05-29-2023, 12:42 PM   #100
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slygmous View Post

edit:
i always read this as being about the full MTV video. he must have the full SBD like the rest of the shows

but normal people don't want 3 hours of soundboard audio, due to The Culture or something

Old 05-29-2023, 01:28 PM   #101
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
i always read this as being about the full MTV video. he must have the full SBD like the rest of the shows

but normal people don't want 3 hours of soundboard audio, due to The Culture or something
Except every band that puts out deluxe remastered sets ******* like 4 or 5 shows between the audio and video portions nowadays... lol

Old 05-29-2023, 01:35 PM   #102
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

The SP deluxe editions were mostly disappointing. Hardly any live material aside from the DVD’s that I watched maybe once.

Old 05-29-2023, 01:37 PM   #103
LaBelle
Socialphobic

For sure, between Mellon Collie and Aeroplane we got not a single live version of Ruby...
that is legit offensive.

Edit: actually i'm wrong, we got two good Rubys. one in the mellon collie dvd in brixton and one in the aeroplane dvd with matt on the drums. It was omitted from the live compilation tracklist.

Last edited by LaBelle : 05-29-2023 at 01:57 PM.

Old 05-29-2023, 01:39 PM   #104
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

ya i think i noticed that, for that song specifically, the other day as well

a bit odd especially considering that was one that usually alternated the most from its studio version - at least on those endings

it's cool they put in a rare performance of Love, tho

Old 05-29-2023, 01:59 PM   #105
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
ya i think i noticed that, for that song specifically, the other day as well

a bit odd especially considering that was one that usually alternated the most from its studio version - at least on those endings

it's cool they put in a rare performance of Love, tho
The double door recordings are incredible, too bad we only got a few of those.
That live Kitty Kat slays.

Old 05-29-2023, 06:12 PM   #106
Ram27
dumb

why did he have to curate them instead of just giving us a full 90 mins or whatever

Old 05-29-2023, 06:14 PM   #107
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
why did he have to curate them instead of just giving us a full 90 mins or whatever
Seriously, this is inexplicable.

Even the live album on aeroplane is such a tease knowing they have all those great concerts recorded but we only get a handful of handpicked tracks. it sucks.

Old 05-29-2023, 06:40 PM   #108
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Dark Globe was decent but I totally see why it wasn’t rereleased. His vocals were totally shot on it. Should’ve doctored it up in the studio. A double live album of the MCIS tour would’ve been a great stopgap release in 97’.

Old 05-29-2023, 06:46 PM   #109
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Aeroplane DVD was v good I thought,, shame missing a couple of songs but it was the best reissue vid content for sure

Old 05-29-2023, 07:05 PM   #110
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Dark Globe was decent but I totally see why it wasn’t rereleased. His vocals were totally shot on it. Should’ve doctored it up in the studio. A double live album of the MCIS tour would’ve been a great stopgap release in 97’.
But that was the good bad vocals!!!

Old 05-29-2023, 07:06 PM   #111
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Aeroplane DVD was v good I thought,, shame missing a couple of songs but it was the best reissue vid content for sure
Agreed. As great as Jimmy is, I love seeing/hearing stuff from the Matt Walker era, the band sounded very different and it was really good.

Old 05-29-2023, 07:17 PM   #112
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Agreed. As great as Jimmy is, I love seeing/hearing stuff from the Matt Walker era, the band sounded very different and it was really good.
Plus that tour was quite unique gear wise, Billy used loads of interesting rare pedals. Gave it a different vibe for sure

Old 05-29-2023, 08:07 PM   #113
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Dark Globe was decent but I totally see why it wasn’t rereleased. His vocals were totally shot on it. Should’ve doctored it up in the studio.
hell no, it sounds badass as it

Old 05-29-2023, 08:08 PM   #114
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Plus that tour was quite unique gear wise, Billy used loads of interesting rare pedals. Gave it a different vibe for sure

his first time playing gibsons onstage i think? then adore james went tele

Old 05-29-2023, 11:23 PM   #115
ourruseoffools
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Best era sorry I will die on this hill

Old 05-30-2023, 04:08 PM   #116
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourruseoffools View Post
Best era sorry I will die on this hill
Still firmly believe that the 1.8.97 Vancouver show is the best SP show. I know that's a pretty like, ya know, mainstream pick for "what's the best SP show?" but - still, it really is amazing.

Old 05-30-2023, 04:38 PM   #117
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

the France show in the Aeroplane box set is definitely choice

and what's more... it was on my birthday!

Old 05-30-2023, 05:02 PM   #118
inkless
Ownz

best sp show without jc ?

Old 05-30-2023, 05:08 PM   #119
Ram27
dumb

it's hard to pick a non JC show as a 'best' but i love how much more vibey and atmospheric they got in 97

goat all time hof show is 1996-05-15 hands down end of story

Old 05-30-2023, 06:43 PM   #120
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Jimmy who?