Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2022, 11:21 PM   #1
T&T
Socialphobic

Default Pumpkins and deep fakes

I expect to sooner listen to deep fake audio remakes of the virgin era pumpkins than have billy create something new that I will enjoy.

I fully expect within the next 5 years that the deep fakes will satiate my desires for new music with original SP tones.

Old 12-07-2022, 11:37 PM   #2
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
I expect to sooner listen to deep fake audio remakes of the virgin era pumpkins than have billy create something new that I will enjoy.

I fully expect within the next 5 years that the deep fakes will satiate my desires for new music with original SP tones.
Yeah, the AI photoshoots has already outclassed the real thing, so yeah i can see it

Old 12-08-2022, 12:07 PM   #3
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2022, 12:21 PM   #4
T&T
Socialphobic

more of this. lets see what 2023 AI brings us.

Old 12-09-2022, 12:20 AM   #5
O'Doyle Rules
Demi-God

GPT with quantum computing will make just about anything like this possible.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:50 AM   #6
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

GPT seems to write some strange stuff when you throw Monte into the mix.. Kinda feels like they trained it using this forum

Quote:
James Iha had always been a bit of an enigma. He was known as a quiet, unassuming man who kept to himself, but he had a secret–a secret that no one knew about him. He was the villain, Monte.

Monte had been planning for years to take down the man he had grown to hate–the man who had taken away his music career: Billy Corgan. He had been secretly plotting against Corgan for years, and he had finally come up with a plan.

He had decided to use his music career as a cover for his villainous activities. He had been playing shows as "James Iha", but in reality, he was Monte. He had used his position in the music industry to gain access to Corgan's inner circle, and he had been slowly poisoning the rock star with his own dark magic.

He had been slowly weakening the rock star with a series of intricate spells, and he had been slowly building up a powerful force to take down Corgan. He had even managed to enlist the help of a few of Corgan's former bandmates, and they had been helping him carry out his sinister plan.

Finally, the day of reckoning had come, and Monte had managed to weaken Corgan enough to take him down. He had managed to get his hands on Corgan's prized guitar, and he had used it to cast a powerful spell that would put an end to the rock star's career.

In the end, Monte had been successful. He had managed to take down the man he had come to hate, and he had accomplished his goal. He had managed to take away the music career he had been so jealous of, and he had finally gotten his revenge.

Old 12-09-2022, 11:43 AM   #7
FollowAsILead
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post

Ironically, you may get so full on old-pumpkin sound via AI eventually that you start to crave something... new. Bringing you full circle to Atum.

Old 12-09-2022, 11:50 AM   #8
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Errr this is already part of the ATUM story. The Billy Corgan AI gave us Empires this week