Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2018, 03:09 AM   #3001
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
it might as well be. they're that good. i can't even describe it, dude. it just hits me hard.
yeah I know it sometimes I feel I was born in the wrong generation

Old 10-13-2018, 04:05 AM   #3002
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

just get some 70s speakers and you won't know the diff

Old 10-13-2018, 04:09 AM   #3003
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
yeah I know it sometimes I feel I was born in the wrong generation
jesus christ man you're like a satire of a real person some days.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #3004
Elphenor
Braindead

ah c'mon don't Poe's Law me on that one

Old 10-13-2018, 09:45 AM   #3005
FoolofaTook

Edgar Allan Poe?

Old 10-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #3006
Elphenor
Braindead

miss blu is like 12 kittens awwdorable I'll just die

I am like 60-40 that this is a mutual thing i dunno

Old 10-13-2018, 09:08 PM   #3007
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Here's a little refresher from yesteryear on what to say next.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:40 PM   #3008
Elphenor
Braindead

haha

Old 10-13-2018, 10:26 PM   #3009
Shallowed
Braindead

Last edited by Shallowed : 05-10-2022 at 05:31 AM.

Old 10-13-2018, 11:23 PM   #3010
redbreegull

wot in tarnation

Old 10-13-2018, 11:31 PM   #3011
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Not really understanding any of that.

Good work on updating those apps, though.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:27 AM   #3012
yo soy el mejor

lame, y0.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:23 PM   #3013
queenoftheswine
Demi-God

Location: Some area where the Canadian dollar is far more valuable than my own.

Remind me to give you disposable cutlery if I ever have you over for dinner.

Old 10-15-2018, 02:23 AM   #3014
Shallowed
Braindead

When is that happening, anyway?

Old 10-15-2018, 02:48 AM   #3015
queenoftheswine
Demi-God

Once you abandon your vegan ways.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:10 AM   #3016
Disco King
Minion of Satan

He's happy to just eat around the meat.

The anus is close enough in proximity to the meat, isn't it?

Old 10-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #3017
Elphenor
Braindead

Blue Vesty has a boyfriend

this is something I could have asked her months ago

I'm stupid

Old 10-15-2018, 07:41 PM   #3018
FoolofaTook

challenge him to a duel.

use halberds.

Old 10-15-2018, 08:16 PM   #3019
Elphenor
Braindead

it should be whatever but it's like I don't have this thing to cover my depression with anymore really opening the floodgates

Old 10-15-2018, 08:18 PM   #3020
Elphenor
Braindead

there's actually zero chance she ever gave me any thought

Old 10-15-2018, 08:43 PM   #3021
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I used to have crushes, and have less than reasonable preoccupations with people I hadn't had enough conversations with to justify them. You create this idealized version of them in your head, and you fall in love with that. You never talked to her much until recently, did you? She was just somebody you saw around who caught your eye?

The medicine for this is to get out there and meet new women. You'll get oneitis less often when you realize that there's an abundance of women out there. It's not like you'll never get oneitis again, but at least when you do, it'll be for women you actually went out with and knew well enough to get attached to, rather than to the girl three aisles away with whom you've exchanged four words.

Go out, make friends, chat up anybody you're attracted to and get their number. Or even do Tinder. You and Shallowed are both handsome enough for that shit, at least you'd actually have shots. You're a six-foot-thirteen lean boi with cute, moppy hair. You're the kind of guy who could pull of SLP and Hedi Slimane shit. Not that any of us could afford that, but you can draw influence from certain fashion aesthetics while still only wearing thrifted clothes or mall-tier high-street brands.

The only way to get that abundance mentality, that attitude of "it doesn't matter, because there are plenty of fish in the sea," is to actually go fishing. Don't expect a high response ratio, most numbers will flake. Just get enough numbers that you'll still get a date or two even if you had to talk to thirty women.

I know, "just do it" is easier said than done. Habits are hard to change. But look at me, I have so much social anxiety that I actually had something resembling selective mutism as a kid. I couldn't even eat in public. Having to buy groceries induced severe worry in me.

Now I have some social circles, and just walk up to women every day to chat.

When you've built a bit more confidence and perspective by getting out there to talk to people, try talking to Blue Vesty again. Actually seeing her as a human instead of an idealized, pure porcelain creature you've placed on a pedastal, you might actually get along and become friends if she's cool. And it won't matter that she has a boyfriend, because you'll be content with her platonic friendship.

Old 10-15-2018, 08:50 PM   #3022
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Hell, one of the recent friends I made, the interaction went like this:

I saw her walking on campus, chatting her up, using her arm cast as a conversation starter. We get talking and joking. She mentions being a kinesiology major, and I respond with how that doesn't surprise me, because kinesiology majors are usually in good shape. "You consider this 'good shape?'" she laughs, gesturing toward her body. I ask her if she'd like to go for a coffee sometime.

She lets me know that she has a boyfriend, but that she's up for hanging out as friends.

I reply, "I'm cool with that. I mean, you've probably got equally attractive friends you could introduce me to."

She finds that hilarious, to. She dials my number and calls my phone so that I've got her number. Now we're friends.

I thought the "you've probably got cute friends" thing was risky, because it almost sounds like I only care about her insofar as she can help me get a girl. But she liked it. Why? Because it communicates that I'm sincere, that I'm not going to be some "nice guy" hanging around her and pretending to be her friend in the hopes that she will come around and fuck me or something. She knows that we can actually just be friends.

So the lesson of this is that maybe you should go up to Blue Vesty, become friends, and let her be a resource for you to meet her other female friends. She can be your wingchick.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #3023
Alice
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenoftheswine View Post
That does appear to be the new thing.

Speaking of shit vision, any advice on wearing contacts? I bought some but I'm terrified of putting foreign objects on my eyeballs.
Just jam em in there. I once enjoyed watching a teenager at the optometrist struggling real hard to put his first pair of contacts in. The person helping him was very clearly getting pretty impatient. I was interviewing for a job so I was there for a while. This started before I arrived and then went on for at least twenty minutes after that and by the time I left he was still no closer to getting the first one in his eye

Old 10-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #3024
Alice
Minion of Satan

They're very soft you know

Old 10-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #3025
Alice
Minion of Satan

Also you probably know this already but I think it helps when you're starting to use the mirror and hold your eye open with your other hand to prevent instinctive blinking

Old 10-15-2018, 09:26 PM   #3026
queenoftheswine
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Because it communicates that I'm sincere, that I'm not going to be some "nice guy" hanging around her and pretending to be her friend in the hopes that she will come around and fuck me or something. She knows that we can actually just be friends.
Is that actually sincere, though? Or would your goal be to bang her, ultimately, though you'll take the friendship if that's all there is?
I'm not trying to be critical or judgemental, I'm just curious to understand how it works because this is one of the few times I've seen a dude show that level of awareness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Also you probably know this already but I think it helps when you're starting to use the mirror and hold your eye open with your other hand to prevent instinctive blinking
This came far too late. I had a shit first experience with contacts and have been put off trying again. Putting them on was hard but nowhere near as hard as removing them. Total fucking nightmare. Took me over half an hour and my eyes were super red afterwards.
I guess my instinct is stronger than my hands.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #3027
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Also, I thought Elphy was successful in the dating department. Wasn't there a time when you were posting on the Oboard about sleeping with the wife of a deployed Air Force guy? Messing with somebody who could order a drone strike on you is kinda gutsy. This was around the new clothes era that had us see "Bad Elphenor."

Last edited by Disco King : 10-15-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:39 PM   #3028
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenoftheswine View Post
Is that actually sincere, though? Or would your goal be to bang her, ultimately, though you'll take the friendship if that's all there is?
I'm not trying to be critical or judgemental, I'm just curious to understand how it works because this is one of the few times I've seen a dude show that level of awareness.
No, my goal isn't to bang her. I'm legitimately happy to be her friend.

My initial intention when talking to her was a dating one, but when I found out her circumstances wouldn't allow for that, I found being friends a suitable other option. It's not like I would wanna date somebody with whom I didn't get along with enough to be friends, anyway. So, as long as you didn't fall so madly in love that being friends would be torturous, why not be friends?

In life, you don't always get what you want, so I don't think that accepting an alternative different than what you initially wanted, a "consolation prize," if you want to think of it that way (I don't, because that presumes that I know for sure life would have turned out better for me had I dates her, when really, maybe we would be better as friends all along), means that you don't really appreciate that outcome. If you entered a contest to win a car, but you came in second place and won a new computer instead, that doesn't mean that you don't sincerely appreciate the computer.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #3029
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Also, since I'm not sure how my tone comes across over the web, I just want to clarify that I think your question is fair, and don't think it is judgemental nor feel attacked by it at all.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:13 PM   #3030
queenoftheswine
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Also, since I'm not sure how my tone comes across over the web, I just want to clarify that I think your question is fair, and don't think it is judgemental nor feel attacked by it at all.

Thanks for your fair response. I suppose there's all kinds of people out there and you happen to be a reasonable one.