Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-05-2023, 11:31 AM   #5041
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
Did he buy the catalogue back from Virgin? otherwise it'd be impossible for him to release the original masters through Lulu's. Wait maybe that's why he's been sitting on it.
bingo

as soon as he makes enough money from wrestling (never).. he will buy the catalogue from Virgin and release the Machina reissue under Zuzu

Last edited by enthusaroo : 02-05-2023 at 11:40 AM.

Old 02-05-2023, 03:58 PM   #5042
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
bingo

as soon as he makes enough money from wrestling (never).. he will buy the catalogue from Virgin and release the Machina reissue under Zuzu
Yeah either that or he's waiting til the millennials take over at EMI and throw that stuff out in the trash can down the street.

Old 02-05-2023, 06:36 PM   #5043
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
ugh, it's disappointing how long this is taking for make-em-up excuses. just put it out so we can go home.
Probably waiting for a really good harvest of Magnolia Blossom Oolong tea to bundle together with the autographed reissue.

Old 02-06-2023, 11:07 AM   #5044
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
Billy Corgan is currently worth more than 60 million dollars apparently
https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...gan-net-worth/
Can we stop taking these bullshit websites seriously, pls. Any celebrity I've ever seen asked about these have said they're hilariously overinflated. Think about how they're getting this information... they say they're from "public sources." Can you go look up Billy's tax return from last year real quick? Can you look on his accountant's website? What they actually do is look up articles about how much MCIS earned in sales, or how much his last tour made, and they just add up those figures as though he got all of it, and has never spent any money in his life. They're worthless.

This has been today's edition of Topleybird's Basic Media Literacy Tips and Tricks™. Tune in tomorrow for "Does the Covid vaccine make people shake uncontrollably for the rest of their lives?"

Old 02-06-2023, 11:21 AM   #5045
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

https://vivid.money/feed/the-celebri...-lying-to-you/

Old 02-08-2023, 01:48 PM   #5046
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Alright, fuck it. Here's my own remaster of all of Machina II:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

The goal of this fan-made remaster was to make a more balanced listening experience that could stand alongside the pre-mastered version of Machina I (my preferred version of that album). Hence, this remaster is equally as loud as that pre-master. I also attempted to trim away some of the sonic layers to a reasonable state if necessary. I also rebalanced some otherwise buried sound elements via Izotope Ozone 10, particularly vocals and drums, which have all been adjusted to uniformly match the Machina pre-master.

The superior Q101 source of Machina II was used, except “Real Love” which was sourced from the Friends and Enemies of Modern Music bootleg, which I felt excluded some of the high-end distortion present on all sources of the vinyl.

Included is a brief disc of Bonus Tracks, consisting of my remster of the rest of the relevant Machina-era tracks from the Friends and Enemies of Modern Music bootleg, what I’ve always felt was the sister disc to Machina II anyways.

Old 02-08-2023, 03:29 PM   #5047
absof
Demi-God

Kinda embarrassed to ask, but could you (or someone) upload MP3’s too, please?

Old 02-08-2023, 07:28 PM   #5048
Slygmous
Ikari Rake Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post

The goal of this fan-made remaster was to make a more balanced listening experience that could stand alongside the pre-mastered version of Machina I (my preferred version of that album). Hence, this remaster is equally as loud as that pre-master. I also attempted to trim away some of the sonic layers to a reasonable state if necessary. I also rebalanced some otherwise buried sound elements via Izotope Ozone 10, particularly vocals and drums, which have all been adjusted to uniformly match the Machina pre-master.

The superior Q101 source of Machina II was used, except “Real Love” which was sourced from the Friends and Enemies of Modern Music bootleg, which I felt excluded some of the high-end distortion present on all sources of the vinyl.

Included is a brief disc of Bonus Tracks, consisting of my remster of the rest of the relevant Machina-era tracks from the Friends and Enemies of Modern Music bootleg, what I’ve always felt was the sister disc to Machina II anyways.
Thanks! I'll give this a listen later this week.
(also thanks for having a crack at the bonus cassette tracks, I much prefer these versions of Dross/BSBT)

Old 02-09-2023, 05:32 AM   #5049
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Another shout for an mp3 version if possible, cheers sln.

Old 02-09-2023, 05:33 AM   #5050
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

DP dipshit.

Last edited by VoxUpDoc : 02-09-2023 at 07:51 AM.

Old 02-09-2023, 08:13 AM   #5051
djzap
Pledge

Received my 'Runner Records' edition of Machina today. In work at the moment so can't listen yet but some visual impressions:

- the records are heavyweight (180g)
- the cover is definitely enlarged JPEG, it's a bit blurry
- the back cover text is redone from scratch so it looks clear
- no booklet / insert
- the inside of the sleeve itself is printed with the textures from the back cover, which is an interesting touch
- glossy finish on the sleeve
- inner sleeves are nice quality

Will update later with my impressions of the sound quality

Old 02-09-2023, 08:39 AM   #5052
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by djzap View Post
Received my 'Runner Records' edition of Machina today. In work at the moment so can't listen yet but some visual impressions:

- the cover is definitely enlarged JPEG, it's a bit blurry
- no booklet / insert
- the inside of the sleeve itself is printed with the textures from the back cover, which is an interesting touch

Will update later with my impressions of the sound quality
Eh? You on about a bootleg vinyl? Don't think anyone here will care. Try Reddit maybe.

Old 02-09-2023, 09:09 AM   #5053
T&T
Socialphobic

we care.

billy needs to know that they're selling and we're buying bootlegs. someone's making the $$ and it's not him.

Old 02-09-2023, 09:19 AM   #5054
djzap
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy drevpile View Post
Eh? You on about a bootleg vinyl? Don't think anyone here will care. Try Reddit maybe.
i was literally asked in this same thread to share my thoughts on it, so you can feck off

Old 02-09-2023, 12:16 PM   #5055
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by djzap View Post
i was literally asked in this same thread to share my thoughts on it, so you can feck off
:ROFL: why so angry?

Old 02-09-2023, 12:53 PM   #5056
djzap
Pledge

Quote:
:ROFL: why so angry?
edit: honestly don't know, just attributed your comment to malice i guess due to this being netphoria. sorry about that

anyway, i snuck in a listen of side A during work there (it is work from home, at least...) and here are some initial impressions:

- there is a soft 'whoosh' sound as the record spins that you can hear during silence between tracks, but not really when the songs kick in. likely a lack of QA on the plastic / vinyl material used for pressing, not surprising
- Sub bass frequencies seem to be boosted throughout all the tracks so far, but not in an overbearing way - almost in the way a hi-fi system might do
- Notable high shelf cut at 10kHz on Raindrops + Sunshowers (maybe by about 3-5 dB?) - so much that i thought it might be a lower quality mp3, but after ripping a clip of it to check the spectrograph, it is definitely losslessly sourced. Only track I've heard it on of the 4 so far. Can post a screenshot later

Last edited by djzap : 02-09-2023 at 06:01 PM.

Old 02-09-2023, 02:06 PM   #5057
dustrocck
Demi-God

great job sonic!

Man, what a trip listening to this, especially coming from Atum.

Might as well be listening to 2 completely different bands.

Old 02-09-2023, 02:21 PM   #5058
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:

SP camp is pissed.

SP camp can eat sack.

Old 02-09-2023, 04:00 PM   #5059
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Alright, fuck it. .
Nice. Blue Skies Arising. Sounds v.v good.

Old 02-09-2023, 04:08 PM   #5060
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

I would seriously pay good money just to have a version of "Home" without that constant hissing in the background.

Old 02-09-2023, 05:15 PM   #5061
Ram27
dumb

teaching yourself to enjoy poor quality recordings is the true way forward

Old 02-09-2023, 05:16 PM   #5062
Ram27
dumb

~~vibing to a version of luna from 94 that's 55% tape hiss and out of tune~~

Old 02-11-2023, 11:04 AM   #5063
djzap
Pledge

Final thoughts on the new Machina boot:

Physical / presentation:
- the cover is definitely enlarged JPEG, it's very clearly blurry in person
- no booklet / insert

Sound quality:
- there is a soft 'whoosh' sound as the record spins that you can hear during silence between tracks, but not really when the songs kick in. likely a lack of QA on the plastic / vinyl material used for pressing, not surprising
- Sub bass frequencies seem to be boosted throughout all the tracks so far - almost in the way a hi-fi system might do
- Notable (egregious!) high shelf cut at 10kHz on Raindrops + Sunshowers (maybe by about 3-5 dB?) and similar (but maybe less extreme) on a few other tracks - so much that i thought they might be a lower quality mp3 source, but after ripping a clip of it to check the spectrograph, it is definitely losslessly sourced, so some weird EQ choices

all in all, definitely audibly a bootleg on any decent system, but if you don't have a big preference for audio quality or just want to be able to spin this album it might do you. For me, it's mainly just increased my want for an official version but I do see myself listening to this a little bit.

there is an unmastered version of this album out there that could have been used to make a new vinyl master, bit of a missed opportunity here imo but whoever is pressing these clearly just saw a demand for this record and threw something together.

Old 02-11-2023, 12:23 PM   #5064
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

fuck me M2 is so good, just relistened for the first time in years, slow dawn makes me want to smoke a bowl and watch the sun set

Old 02-11-2023, 02:44 PM   #5065
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
teaching yourself to enjoy poor quality recordings is the true way forward

Old 02-11-2023, 07:29 PM   #5066
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

From their Valentine's Day message

Quote:
For fans of Machina, we continue to press for some form of release so that this music, long prepared, can be released seeing as the interest in ATUM is growing and it’s a shame that these 2 boxsets cannot exist side by side. And speaking of ATUM, I can only encourage you to procure one of the remaining autographed and limited edition sets that remain at MadameZuzus.com

Old 02-11-2023, 08:42 PM   #5067
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

What what the whole - we sorted the legal stuff out - a few years ago all about? What is stopping this exactly? Have I missed something?

Old 02-11-2023, 08:44 PM   #5068
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

Sorry, 5 years ago...

Old 02-11-2023, 10:41 PM   #5069
House of Bread
FKA Siamese33

Where CAN I find that early/unmastered mix of Machina?

Old 02-12-2023, 01:02 AM   #5070
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
What what the whole - we sorted the legal stuff out - a few years ago all about? What is stopping this exactly? Have I missed something?
what they had to do in the past was renegotiate the legal stuff with the new label, after the old one was sold. It has nothing to do with pressing the copies. They still need them to be part of this.