Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2022, 11:24 PM   #1
Rens
Pledge

Location: Jimmy left his creativity in the discarded needles from the overdose. Change my mind.
Red face Where's the album?

Weren't they recording an album?
All I see is shitty vinyl releases and a madame lulu website that barely works on mobile that sells jazz records.

What the hell happened to them being in the studio?

Old 04-07-2022, 11:25 PM   #2
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Rat

Bastard

Mother

Fucking

Quinto

Old 04-07-2022, 11:59 PM   #3
Ram27
dumb

just sitting there

Old 04-08-2022, 12:48 AM   #4
Big Truck05
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
Rat

Bastard

Mother

Fucking

Quinto
Say it ain't so!

Old 04-08-2022, 12:51 AM   #5
Big Truck05
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rens View Post
All I see is shitty vinyl releases and a madame lulu website that barely works on mobile that sells jazz records.

Totally forgot about this.

Can't believe Billy reneged on another project. Shocking!

Old 04-08-2022, 01:26 AM   #6
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

My goodness, that join date.

Old 04-08-2022, 03:28 AM   #7
Rens
Pledge

Location: Jimmy left his creativity in the discarded needles from the overdose. Change my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Truck05 View Post
Totally forgot about this.

Can't believe Billy reneged on another project. Shocking!
Did they ever finish that crappy anime series?

Old 04-08-2022, 03:44 AM   #8
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Jimmy:
Quote:
We recently finished recording a thirty-three song “opera/play” type of endeavor that is the music to an incredible narrative/story that Billy wrote. We are still working on the release schedule, so stay tuned.

Old 04-08-2022, 07:18 AM   #9
Shallowed
Braindead

i'll do it on sunday.

Old 04-08-2022, 10:18 AM   #10
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

I think it's clear Jimmy is just talking about music, but "'opera/play' type endeavor" — my god, can you imagine if Billy made them all record skits with really flowery, stilted dialogue? Like I love "Cupid de Locke" a lot, but imagine that monologue at the end, except it's several people talking to each other.

Old 04-08-2022, 02:32 PM   #11
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

It's gonna look exactly like the Solara video and it's gonna rule

Old 04-08-2022, 02:33 PM   #12
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

in faith,

in compassion,

a n d i n l o v e .

Old 04-08-2022, 02:35 PM   #13
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Old 04-08-2022, 05:32 PM   #14
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

My bet is: there wont be any album this year.
Cannot imagine, cause the guy putting out bootlegs now...adorish and pre pumpkins stuff.
Everyone thought about machina reissue which got obviously abandoned and mcis2... Which will not be released like the psychedelic album/ shiny2???
Fuck this crogan barcy boy....... Have you ever been to reddit pumpkins? This is the place for sadmachines only, i guess...

Old 04-08-2022, 10:47 PM   #15
Rens
Pledge

Oh lol fuck I even forgot about Machina reissue. That been pulled too?
Why not just finish the batch? The reissues were excellent and we were almost there.

Old 04-08-2022, 10:51 PM   #16
Rens
Pledge

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashingPum...el_album_info/

Old 04-09-2022, 01:35 AM   #17
Big Truck05
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Did they ever finish that crappy anime series?
Who knows. That was like 485933 projects/ promises ago

Old 04-09-2022, 04:29 AM   #18
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 04-09-2022, 04:48 AM   #19
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Gospel singers not the best development, Knights Of Malta part deux incoming

Old 04-09-2022, 04:54 AM   #20
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
LMFAO who’s this guy?

Grown up family men in Zero shirts are fucking creepy.

Old 04-09-2022, 05:38 AM   #21
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Gospel singers not the best development, Knights Of Malta part deux incoming
Maybe the gospel singers will be singing the whole thing and Billy is just on synth for the whole album

Old 04-09-2022, 09:45 AM   #22
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

My expectations have never been lower. If at least they had worked on songs together ( corona isnt The excuse) there would be the chance of getting a good album again. Sending files ( imagine bill getting solos or gtr parts from james,which he would record himself anyway) is lame, but surely the modern way-lol......

Forget that project...gospel girlies uhhhahhhhh wiiihhaaa woooowwoooo wooo yeah......jesus christ .....

Old 04-09-2022, 02:54 PM   #23
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Who gives a shit

Old 04-09-2022, 03:00 PM   #24
Nater-Tater-Tot
Amish Rake Fighter

New album is still being mixed, he just hasn't been updating the fans on it. B also enlisted a certain producer to come in to help "polish" the songs so that's why he's been quiet about it as of recent. That's all I know in that department.

The Machina reissue was completed after Christmas, and everything has been signed off on it but there were some issues with the artwork (big shocker) and it was essentially put on hold until he decided to announce one day that everything was complete. Originally he tried to get it released this summer, but that changed to February of next year instead assumingly to coincide with the original album release.

Neither of these projects have been shelved necessarily, they're just taking a long time to get released and as with anything B is trying to maximize all profits to fullest extent to keep his shitty tea shop and wrestling business padded with as much cash as possible.

Source: I was recently dismissed from the archive team because my "input was too negative".

All I've done is simply relay the very same concerns and frustrations that all of you have been since the Japan pre-order. Part of this job was to monitor social media and "keep our ears to the ground" on feedback.

Furnace is a great company, lovely people working there- but they sent out two separate batches of defective Japan albums that either skip like crazy on a few songs, or shipped with two "sideA/B" records.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if many of you have Japan pressings that you're keeping sealed as a collectors item and have no idea it's defective.

Initially I was pretty stoked to be a part of this, but it wasn't a "team" at all. B has assembled a random few people to vote on whatever he feels like pulling from the archives. The only feedback or ideas he or his wife are interested in are ones that make more profit.

This experience has made it quite hard to enjoy SP, and seeing how these releases are being treated as a cash grab for B's tea shop gets under my skin pretty bad.

Old 04-09-2022, 03:56 PM   #25
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater-Tater-Tot View Post
New album is still being mixed, he just hasn't been updating the fans on it. B also enlisted a certain producer to come in to help "polish" the songs so that's why he's been quiet about it as of recent. That's all I know in that department.

The Machina reissue was completed after Christmas, and everything has been signed off on it but there were some issues with the artwork (big shocker) and it was essentially put on hold until he decided to announce one day that everything was complete. Originally he tried to get it released this summer, but that changed to February of next year instead assumingly to coincide with the original album release.

Neither of these projects have been shelved necessarily, they're just taking a long time to get released and as with anything B is trying to maximize all profits to fullest extent to keep his shitty tea shop and wrestling business padded with as much cash as possible.

Source: I was recently dismissed from the archive team because my "input was too negative".

All I've done is simply relay the very same concerns and frustrations that all of you have been since the Japan pre-order. Part of this job was to monitor social media and "keep our ears to the ground" on feedback.

Furnace is a great company, lovely people working there- but they sent out two separate batches of defective Japan albums that either skip like crazy on a few songs, or shipped with two "sideA/B" records.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if many of you have Japan pressings that you're keeping sealed as a collectors item and have no idea it's defective.

Initially I was pretty stoked to be a part of this, but it wasn't a "team" at all. B has assembled a random few people to vote on whatever he feels like pulling from the archives. The only feedback or ideas he or his wife are interested in are ones that make more profit.

This experience has made it quite hard to enjoy SP, and seeing how these releases are being treated as a cash grab for B's tea shop gets under my skin pretty bad.
If this is true mind sharing how you were approached for this? Many years ago I had an invitation to something similar and brushed it off as a prank and then the Lucky 13 stuff happened.

Old 04-09-2022, 04:06 PM   #26
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Since both Viper Room and Japan were ordered before anyone received product in hand, did any of the feedback on social media make it to Billy and co. for Rubano Tapes? I'm particularly interested in the universal hatred of the packaging and its lack of liner notes or photography, and not including digital downloads. Did he just brush that off?

Old 04-09-2022, 07:53 PM   #27
trev
charm

if each product batch is selling out, then the only way to increase profits is to reduce the costs in making each product, increase the purchase prices, or increase the number of units to sell.

doing either of the last 2 might be 'risky' if he wants to keep aiming for sold out products every time.

therefore there's no incentive to improve the products themselves. at least not while they are selling out.

Old 04-09-2022, 08:17 PM   #28
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev View Post
if each product batch is selling out, then the only way to increase profits is to reduce the costs in making each product, increase the purchase prices, or increase the number of units to sell.

doing either of the last 2 might be 'risky' if he wants to keep aiming for sold out products every time.

therefore there's no incentive to improve the products themselves. at least not while they are selling out.
At the quantities he's pressing, he'll sell them out no matter what. This isn't that Siddhartha bullshit and he even moved many of those complete ripoffs. He could sell the FLAC files for $20 and still offer $80 un-signed versions of the vinyl and he'd still sell them out in under 24 hours. Not to mention the $100 premium he charges for signed models which goes right into their pockets.

Old 04-09-2022, 08:42 PM   #29
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Lots of Good Meat
Well, if that ain't the most interesting post I've seen on this board in a LONG time, I'm not sure what is.

All of that seems logical/credible to me... welcome to the crew, Nate.

Old 04-09-2022, 09:42 PM   #30
Ram27
dumb

Lucky 14