Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 11:35 PM   #3841
ovary
Ownz

okay i flipped it. anyway.

Last edited by ovary : 09-13-2022 at 11:44 PM.

Old 09-13-2022, 11:37 PM   #3842
ovary
Ownz

so here's an articicile about sleep training: https://www.thecut.com/2022/09/sleep...te-tiktok.html

Old 09-13-2022, 11:42 PM   #3843
ovary
Ownz

i had a dream last night i had a new office mate and she was blonde and beautiful and she would like to recline and finger herself while she sold me gossip and maybe that's all i've got for tonight: thoughts? questions?

Old 09-13-2022, 11:53 PM   #3844
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Sleep training is a load of crap

Old 09-13-2022, 11:55 PM   #3845
ovary
Ownz

nuff said

Old 09-14-2022, 02:17 AM   #3846
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I think there's something to it. By using complex machine-learning algorithms and a vast data set, computer scientists have been able to train their computers to sleep on command.

Old 09-14-2022, 06:08 AM   #3847
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

When sleep training works it can be great, but when it doesn’t work it is so miserable for everyone involved and basically doesn’t end until the child is old enough to reason with, so maybe around 3. That’s a pretty long time to listen to all night crying and screaming

Old 09-14-2022, 08:16 AM   #3848
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Anything that doesn't work for 3 years until you can try something else is crap

Old 09-14-2022, 09:05 AM   #3849
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

Look, if Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt could do it in one continuous 22-minute take, I don't see what the fuck you're all struggling with

Old 09-14-2022, 11:29 AM   #3850
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Who's struggling? When the kids wake up, I put on TV and give them candy so I can go back to sleep. Even the baby.

Old 09-14-2022, 02:50 PM   #3851
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Something I’m not sure about is when people says “she’s going to be a big sister soon” about their cat, and then they get a dog

Old 09-14-2022, 04:10 PM   #3852
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I'm heartbroken. I feel anguish beyond all compare. My mind, soul and body are nothing but empty shells, I am but an echo of my former self. My life and all its purpose, meaning and joy have been robbed, and I fear my will to live shall never return. Words are but squiggles that will never have the power to portray how truly melancholy I am. When I heard the news, it's as if all the colour was looted from my world. All passion and happiness melted before my very eyes. Since her majesty's death, I only see black and white, pain and misery, hopelessness and suffering.
Oh, my queen. My heart and the heart of the nation longs for you. We grieve for you. You were our rock, our foundation. I deeply fear for the outcome of our planet now that you are not here to guide us with your goddess-like wisdom. The nation is inconsolable, it weeps for our queen.

Old 09-14-2022, 06:43 PM   #3853
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
did you miss the thread where I told everyone about my 7 girlfriends

Old 09-14-2022, 07:24 PM   #3854
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

lol.... smashingj

STOPPPPPP joking

pls...

Old 09-16-2022, 08:40 PM   #3855
slunken
Virgo

So here is my crazy over the top date.

It started by picking her up at 8am. I was dressed as a pirate. Rang the door bell and her father open the door; he was a real good sport with me wearing the pirate outfit. Briana smiled when she saw me all dressed up. I then gave her 6 necklaces made of seashells for her to wear on our island adventure. I took her to my “black pearl” and we “sailed away” to our 1st island. But before we sailed away I made sure to get out of that pirate get up.

I had breakfast waiting for her in the car (fruit, orange juice & banana bread from Starbucks). Along w/ an itinerary of our date, telling her how far things were and what time we were suppose to get there by. And the itinerary was actually extremely accurate. I also made her a CD as I always do for my dates. I called the CD “200 Miles (around the world)”; Google maps had calculated 200 miles to be how far we would travel for our date.

The 1st place we stopped at was Treasure Island; this is a small artificial island located in the San Francisco Bay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Island,_CA) where we walked around and took some pictures. We actually found this beautiful gazebo and took a picture there

We then went back to my car where I put down the top and I taught her how to drive my car which is a manual stick shift. She did REALLY well.

Old 09-18-2022, 11:22 PM   #3856
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
So here is my crazy over the top date.

It started by picking her up at 8am. I was dressed as a pirate. Rang the door bell and her father open the door; he was a real good sport with me wearing the pirate outfit. Briana smiled when she saw me all dressed up. I then gave her 6 necklaces made of seashells for her to wear on our island adventure. I took her to my “black pearl” and we “sailed away” to our 1st island. But before we sailed away I made sure to get out of that pirate get up.

I had breakfast waiting for her in the car (fruit, orange juice & banana bread from Starbucks). Along w/ an itinerary of our date, telling her how far things were and what time we were suppose to get there by. And the itinerary was actually extremely accurate. I also made her a CD as I always do for my dates. I called the CD “200 Miles (around the world)”; Google maps had calculated 200 miles to be how far we would travel for our date.

The 1st place we stopped at was Treasure Island; this is a small artificial island located in the San Francisco Bay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Island,_CA) where we walked around and took some pictures. We actually found this beautiful gazebo and took a picture there

We then went back to my car where I put down the top and I taught her how to drive my car which is a manual stick shift. She did REALLY well.
But what about the other islands?

Do you drive a Miata?

Old 09-20-2022, 09:36 PM   #3857
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Kid has been at kindergarten for a week and we're already both sick. Hoping somehow the baby doesn't also get sick. This is gonna be a LONG cold and flu season. Ugh.

Old 09-23-2022, 05:58 AM   #3858
vixnix
Socialphobic

One good thing about your life being in the toilet is the sense of camaraderie you feel with all the other people who have been in the same place, some of whom are heroes

Old 09-23-2022, 05:59 AM   #3859
vixnix
Socialphobic

Like Conan O’Brien

Old 09-23-2022, 05:59 AM   #3860
vixnix
Socialphobic

And Warren Zevon

Old 09-23-2022, 05:59 AM   #3861
vixnix
Socialphobic

Maybe I should have started another thread

Old 09-23-2022, 06:00 AM   #3862
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Kid has been at kindergarten for a week and we're already both sick. Hoping somehow the baby doesn't also get sick. This is gonna be a LONG cold and flu season. Ugh.
Hope you are both feeling better and the baby didn’t get it….

Old 09-23-2022, 09:58 AM   #3863
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i say just keep wearing masks. they protect from more than covid.

but i s'pose you can't depend on the other kids and parents to do the same, so really you're just protecting them but no one is protecting you. oy vey. forget it!

Old 09-23-2022, 12:53 PM   #3864
ilikeplanets
Braindead

She would literally be the only student in the entire school with one, since the mandate was dropped. So there's no point. They're allowed at school with most symptoms, except a fever and vomiting/diarrhea, so I'm sure this is only the first of many. I'm wearing my mask at home when sick, hoping that will maybe help. I don't think it's a battle I can win, though. We're not terribly ill, but I'm trying to spare my 3 month old from having a cold.

Old 09-23-2022, 12:58 PM   #3865
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I was more commenting on the extreme rapid pace with which she caught something. Literally immediately. We haven't been sick in years due to masks and isolation, so I forgot how fun this is.

Old 09-23-2022, 10:22 PM   #3866
ovary
Ownz

i had a chin pimple, a deep one. i nursed it all day at work, feeling its tender itchy edges with the tips of my fingers, dreaming of a later proper pop post-shower, warm and naked in my steaming bathroom. but then suddenly stopped at a red light on the way home a wave of desire broke over me. i flipped down the vizor and admired my bump in the mirror, shiny and red. no whitehead was visible, but i knew a flooding cavern lurked beneath, pressurized and ready. my hands flew to my chin and i squeezed once: pain! we were close. a deep breath and i squeezed again, harder this time, and a pert explosion ripped through the vehicle. "uuoohhhhhgggh," i rumbled, exhausted, shaking as the light turned green. disoriented, i moved through the intersection, shivering, moaning, my gaping chin dribbling in the rearview. "whew," i sighed, merging onto the interstate as my spine twisted one final quiver. "i will remember this," i whispered.

Old 09-24-2022, 02:36 PM   #3867
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

sad

Old 09-26-2022, 11:10 PM   #3868
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

There’s a bed/mattress mega-store in my hometown called “Sleep Train”

They invested in one of the concert/sports venues and it was renamed Sleep Train Amphitheatre.

I’d say you should bring your babies there but they tore it down a few weeks ago to build some ticky tack housing.

I saw the pumpkins there in 96.

AND SESAME STREET LIVE IN 87!

Old 09-27-2022, 05:41 PM   #3869
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckSuckStyle View Post
There’s a bed/mattress mega-store in my hometown called “Sleep Train”

They invested in one of the concert/sports venues and it was renamed Sleep Train Amphitheatre.!
incredible

there's an amphitheater near me that just renamed itself "MEGACORP PAVILION"

straight out of Robocop

Old 09-27-2022, 05:42 PM   #3870
slunken
Virgo

god i hope sleep train licensed the quad city dj's song "c'mon ride it (the train)" for their commercials

Closed Thread