Old 10-31-2021, 07:52 AM   #1
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Default Have you ever felt good

?

Old 10-31-2021, 09:38 AM   #2
smashingjj
the actual guy

I think I remember this day in late 1984 of which my mom keeps speaking as "that day you smiled" but it might just be her or my imagination.

Old 10-31-2021, 12:15 PM   #3
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

I was biking on a mixed use trail today when a flamboyant rollerblader screamed “why so serious!!!!” at me, so no. Or at any rate, he prevented it from ever happening for me again.

Old 10-31-2021, 12:32 PM   #4
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic

Yes

Old 10-31-2021, 05:06 PM   #5
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

can you define "good"?

Old 10-31-2021, 10:50 PM   #6
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
can you define "good"?

Old 11-01-2021, 10:20 AM   #7
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I AM TOO FRANTIC TO HAVE EVER FELT, HOW YOU SAY, 'GOOD

Old 11-01-2021, 11:37 AM   #8
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

"Aside from the fact that I'll never again experience joy in my life, I don't think Red Zone Cuba had any kind of negative effect on me."

Old 12-05-2021, 09:20 PM   #9
ovary
Ownz

if you were a billionaire would you set up a fuck chamber or just fuck in your regular bedroom

Old 12-05-2021, 10:28 PM   #10
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic

The word "or" doesn't apply to billionaires

Old 12-05-2021, 11:32 PM   #11
Ram27
dumb

no

i mean aside from drugs

Old 12-05-2021, 11:36 PM   #12
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Old 12-05-2021, 11:44 PM   #13
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I'm hearing a lot of noise of late about people with histories of depression/anxiety that have turned out to be undiagnosed ADHD cases especially where mental health memes have alerted them to the possibility and triggered the more recent visit to the doctor.

Old 12-06-2021, 04:37 PM   #14
ovary
Ownz

didnt the pharm companies make up adhd so they could sell meth legally

Old 12-06-2021, 05:28 PM   #15
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

adhd is definitely a thing

and adhd meds are cheap, for the most part. but at one point I'm sure they weren't.

Old 12-06-2021, 05:30 PM   #16
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I'm hearing a lot of noise of late about people with histories of depression/anxiety that have turned out to be undiagnosed ADHD cases especially where mental health memes have alerted them to the possibility and triggered the more recent visit to the doctor.
my sister has recently diagnosed adhd and i have recently diagnosed autism

i never would have thought i had autism from memes though, i don't fit the most common stereotypes very well

Old 12-06-2021, 06:18 PM   #17
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic

Hence why it's a spectrum

Old 12-06-2021, 09:45 PM   #18
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

yeah. i went through a really in-depth diagnostic interview (multiple actually) with an expert on female adult autism, plus testing and all that stuff. plus she interviewed my mom and my therapist multiple times. she said my case was very complicated because of all the trauma things and she's not surprised it wasn't seen earlier.

I knew I technically probably fit the criteria but it's been all attributed to PTSD and depression/anxiety for so long that I really wanted to make sure it wasn't just a diagnosis of convenience. Like I am sure I could have been technically diagnosed with borderline personality disorder when I was at my worst but I clearly don't actually have BPD because it has to be ingrained personality traits that are extremely resistant to change (well I never did the valuation/devaluation thing either but you get the point). Obviously autism is different but it has similar qualities, it can't be based on symptoms of other things making you technically fit at specific points in your life.

I'm pretty convinced she is right and I am autistic but not 100%, tbh. She actually talked through all this with me and I really expected her to say I didn't have it based on the last conversation we had before she did the report. But when you lay it all out in a 12-page report it kind of speaks for itself.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:52 AM   #19
smashingjj
the actual guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Hence why it's a spectrum
is it the recent "spectrum" of time you're talking about?

Old 12-07-2021, 04:53 PM   #20
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic

No way, the spectrum of minds>>>the spectrum of time

Old 12-07-2021, 06:09 PM   #21
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I've actually kinda been wondering about ADHD myself, because I literally can't do anything that takes mental effort for more than a while, always have 257 browser tabs open, procrastinate on everything, can't just sit down and do shit I know I have to do…

But whenever I do one of those screening questionnaires, I don't score very high. I don't really have any hyperactive symptoms. It's easy for me to sit still. I don't think I fidget or have to move around a lot. I pace when I think, but I don't get restless if I don't move.

Also, I don't zone out when people are talking to me so much that it interferes with communication. Happens sometimes where I won't be paying attention, or will meet somebody knew and forget their name six seconds after they've told me, but I'm sure that happens to everybody. I think it's when you've got an inability to follow instructions that it's an ADHD thing, and I don't have that problem.

I guess I am on Dexedrine off-label, even though the psychiatrist never diagnosed me with ADHD. He's less about labels and more about "does this work or not?" And he's like, "some doctors have used this for depression and you have motivation problems, so give it a try." I can actually work on a task for a significant duration of time when on Dexedrine, which feels impossible when I'm not on it. Only problem is that once I take a break and do something else, I will end up taking an indefinite break and not getting back to the task I have to do. For a while, I wasn't taking the Dex, because I didn't feel like I needed it. But the only reason I didn't need it was because I was out of school and working a dumb retail job and never had to do anything important (although the drugs would still make the retail work feel more tolerable and shorter, instead of as excruciating as it usually feels).

Going back to school, I thought I could get by without it and tough it out through "discipline" and "good habits." Nope. Not just getting back on it at the beginning has already set me behind.

Couldn't even get back on it for a while after I needed it, because I haven't settled my tuition yet, so my student drug plan isn't activated. Couldn't really afford the drugs. Eventually, I just got my prescription filled and walked out the grocery store without taking it to the till. I was nervous about it, too, because it was my literal workplace (still doing the retail job once a week for extra cash), and I had no idea if anybody noticed and thought I might be getting fired. Nah, got away with it like a smooth criminal.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:20 PM   #22
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic

Wow, I've never been to a pharmacy counter that doesn't have a register and charge you right there, for this reason. I used to steal cigarettes out of the case when I worked at a grocery store. All the time. Never got caught, somehow.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:51 PM   #23
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I don't know if it's a Canadian thing. A lot of grocery stores and drug stores have to take the stuff to the till so that you can purchase them with your other products.

I used to steal from work more often. Mostly just groceries. Only reason I stopped was because I was like, "as I continue to do this, the probability of getting caught approaches one, so I should stop while I'm still in the lead instead of waiting until I fuck up and lose the utility I gained."

Old 12-07-2021, 08:30 PM   #24
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic

Americans are generally considered untrustworthy, I guess. Some stores even have infant formula and razors locked in the cigarette case to prevent theft. Very sad, that people had to steal those types of things.

I haven't stolen a thing in a good many years; I got caught stealing about $20 worth of food/hygiene products from Walmart once, and they let me go without pressing charges since I was obviously poor and not stealing anything expensive or frivolous. I took that as my one "get out of jail free" card and haven't stolen since.

Old 12-09-2021, 02:34 PM   #25
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic

I'm feeling really fucking happy with some good news in my personal life today. Hope that's not insensitive. Hope it lasts!

Old 12-09-2021, 08:17 PM   #26
yo soy el mejor

one time tim and i went to a river in panama and just sat there listening to the water and after some time i made a point to actively acknowledge how good and content i felt

Old 12-09-2021, 08:30 PM   #27
ovary
Ownz

cool story

Old 12-09-2021, 08:31 PM   #28
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Americans are generally considered untrustworthy, I guess. Some stores even have infant formula and razors locked in the cigarette case to prevent theft. Very sad, that people had to steal those types of things.

I haven't stolen a thing in a good many years; I got caught stealing about $20 worth of food/hygiene products from Walmart once, and they let me go without pressing charges since I was obviously poor and not stealing anything expensive or frivolous. I took that as my one "get out of jail free" card and haven't stolen since.
when the pandemic started and everyone cared about equality for a while, walgreens publicly vowed to remove all items from cases (since the policy is typically carried out in low-income areas and/or to "protect" products targeted toward non-whites). walgreens never got around to doing that in my neighborhood and it's too late for them to care anymore...that window is shut, honey.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 12-09-2021 at 08:47 PM.