Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-01-2020, 06:05 PM   #181
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Widow Wake My Mind is better than any of these songs.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:02 PM   #182
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Widow Wake My Mind is better than any of these songs.
Explain how

Old 11-01-2020, 07:17 PM   #183
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

"It's my world and I can spell and say words however I like".
It pretty much sums it up, the level of self-fulfilling reality this guy's descended into. FFS.

I wouldn't be surprised to discover it's actually him posting to himself with another phone.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:18 PM   #184
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Widow Wake My Mind is maybe a fraction better - but that’s like picking the prettiest turd. It’s all shit.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:36 PM   #185
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

People actually looking at Widow Wake My Mind in a favorable light

Everything Billy is doing now is worth it just for this spectacle alone

Old 11-01-2020, 10:28 PM   #186
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
CLOWNS. SM’s just put net4ya on notice

"find it funny" my ass. he probably had smoke coming from his ears

Old 11-01-2020, 11:38 PM   #187
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

these are all better than widow

went back to listen to make sure

yes widow is fucking terrible

widow is what haters accuse zwan of being, with worse drums.

billy seems to be trying with these songs. i refuse to believe that was him trying with widow

Old 11-02-2020, 12:35 AM   #188
Ram27
dumb

widow is way better than any of these.

bass has an amazing groove, riff is nice. it's ruined in the studio, like many of his post 2000 songs, with weird pop singer oohs and aahs like anyone wants to hear that from corgan. drums sound pretty clumsy but he's 19 chill out.

i'm listening back to some of the seer stuff, and it does kinda get you if it's on in the background. i fucking hate that i have to do this.

imagine hearing an intro like cherub rock when midnight hits. 00:00:00:00.....snare drum, guitar, big muff....

pain. pain is all i have

Old 11-02-2020, 12:53 AM   #189
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

You are all insane*

*except maybe 2 or 3 people.

Old 11-02-2020, 03:48 AM   #190
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
imagine hearing an intro like cherub rock when midnight hits. 00:00:00:00.....snare drum, guitar, big muff....
people would most likely also hate that.

Old 11-02-2020, 06:00 AM   #191
Strange As Angels
Demi-God

Okay, I’m a little late to the game... but has Billy lost his mind? I’ve been a fan for like 20+ years and I don’t remember him being this much of a lunatic. You ask the wrong question, you get blocked. You have the wrong opinion, you get blocked. He’s whining all day about how fans never appreciated this and that. And now he’s got this special IG account (@wpcworldheadquarters), acting like it’s some exclusive club that only some deserve membership. Oh and all the new music sucks. The videos especially suck. What a shame.

Old 11-02-2020, 06:39 AM   #192
slippedonshoe
Pledge

In a nutshell: Chloe did Billy like Yoko did Lennon.

Old 11-02-2020, 06:41 AM   #193
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange As Angels View Post
Okay, I’m a little late to the game... but has Billy lost his mind? I’ve been a fan for like 20+ years and I don’t remember him being this much of a lunatic. You ask the wrong question, you get blocked. You have the wrong opinion, you get blocked. He’s whining all day about how fans never appreciated this and that. And now he’s got this special IG account (@wpcworldheadquarters), acting like it’s some exclusive club that only some deserve membership. Oh and all the new music sucks. The videos especially suck. What a shame.
Yeah... bill feels that his music sux, so her sourround himself with asskissers to please his ego....

I cant get over this wytch song... it represents all shit why billy's music doednt get any public applause or recognition.

And besides: if he named ramona 'corona' he would have had a radiohit with it...
That would have at least gained some public attention or could have gone viral...

But billy chooses to use a stupid girl's name and add some little western shit

Old 11-02-2020, 07:33 AM   #194
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Most people think he's an asshole but at this point it might very well be some sort of psychiatric condition, imo. Assholes know when to stop, while WPC is so fucking defensive and resentful all the time, obsessed with getting his latest work praise and validation. Most artists at that point in their career just calm down, do less and enjoy it more.

Last edited by TheAlter : 11-02-2020 at 07:42 AM. Reason: added some thought

Old 11-02-2020, 08:00 AM   #195
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippedonshoe View Post
In a nutshell: Chloe did Billy like Yoko did Lennon.
If only. Lennons best work came after meeting Yoko.

Old 11-02-2020, 08:24 AM   #196
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy needs to go back to the days of trying to score with Courtney Love so he can feel like he's as big as Kurt Cobain

Old 11-02-2020, 09:40 AM   #197
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
He’s whining all day about how fans never appreciated this and that. And now he’s got this special IG account (@wpcworldheadquarters), acting like it’s some exclusive club that only some deserve membership.
Only T H I C C asses need apply. If you want access make sure you’re the thirstiest thot posting some killer azz shots. Big Willie Style will accept no less.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:47 AM   #198
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatvegetable View Post
Two words to describe this whole era: phoned in. The music is phoned in, the videos are phoned in, the live performances are phoned in. People are taking about if people heard these songs as their introduction to SP. What if the Ramona video was your introduction, you'd think the whole artistic project was totally underwhelming and/or just bad. That acoustic performance for Movember is the most phoned in thing he's ever done; totally passionless and as if he's bored fucking sick of the songs just like we are after one listen. Compare that to the Viewphoria Cherub Rock or the Bridge Benefit performances. Those alone would be enough to hook me, without even hearing studio versions.

Fucking phoned in.
++++

honestly don't think i've ever seen this gig somehow. i've seen the machina era [the covers and summer are perfect btw] but not this mcis one. weird to think matt played on to sheila

and this is probably a trite point, certainly to us fucking nerds, but this was a good comment on that vid:

Quote:
It's interesting to me that Corgan likes to remind people that he often had to play D'arcy and James' parts in the studio when recording albums. But the truth is that throughout their entire catalog, their live versions of songs (going back to Gish) are by far my favorite versions. For every song, there is a live counterpart from a session or concert that is better than the studio version. And as far as I can tell (during the era where they were still involved) they played their own instruments on stage.
So I never really understood why Corgan would make such a point of suggesting that they couldn't play very well because clearly they always could...well enough to make some damn fine live music and well enough to far surpass the sound of the current lineup of SP.
Music is about chemistry, not perfection. Whatever flaws they all had (even Corgan's inconsistent vocals) is what gave them their sound and it definitely wasn't perfect but it was pretty amazing when the chemistry was in full effect.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:48 AM   #199
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Two words to describe this whole era: phoned in. The music is phoned in, the videos are phoned in, the live performances are phoned in. People are taking about if people heard these songs as their introduction to SP. What if the Ramona video was your introduction, you'd think the whole artistic project was totally underwhelming and/or just bad. That acoustic performance for Movember is the most phoned in thing he's ever done; totally passionless and as if he's bored fucking sick of the songs just like we are after one listen. Compare that to the Viewphoria Cherub Rock or the Bridge Benefit performances. Those alone would be enough to hook me, without even hearing studio versions.

Fucking phoned in.
didn't even realize there was a video for ramona

man can't get over how good the "of all the evidence..." part is. would have made a much better chorus melody

this is one of the best videos in a while. it's not good but it has a story that's not terrible? not sure why there has to be half naked ladies dancing everywhere though. also can't get over how they only show the top thirds of the band members, presumably so they could take Zoom videos in their houses lol

Last edited by reprise85 : 11-02-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:34 PM   #200
Strange As Angels
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
Most people think he's an asshole but at this point it might very well be some sort of psychiatric condition, imo. Assholes know when to stop, while WPC is so fucking defensive and resentful all the time, obsessed with getting his latest work praise and validation. Most artists at that point in their career just calm down, do less and enjoy it more.
Absolutely agree. He’s all kinds of delusional. He must be feeling inadequate, or like he’s losing power in his life right now. I guess blocking people, being an ungrateful asshole, and starting a stupid exclusive IG (which is literally just a bunch of pictures of albums he likes) makes him feel better.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:43 PM   #201
Strange As Angels
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
didn't even realize there was a video for ramona

man can't get over how good the "of all the evidence..." part is. would have made a much better chorus melody

this is one of the best videos in a while. it's not good but it has a story that's not terrible? not sure why there has to be half naked ladies dancing everywhere though. also can't get over how they only show the top thirds of the band members, presumably so they could take Zoom videos in their houses lol
It could have been a good video if they got rid of the dancers and included the rest of the band. Billy needs to stop letting his inner circle handle the creative stuff.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #202
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
also can't get over how they only show the top thirds of the band members, presumably so they could take Zoom videos in their houses lol
it looks like Jeff & James are wanking. so much so that it has to have been on purpose. WPC continues to make sly digs at bandmates

Old 11-02-2020, 01:02 PM   #203
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
it looks like Jeff & James are wanking. so much so that it has to have been on purpose. WPC continues to make sly digs at bandmates
They probably actually are though, they probably called each other and planned it, as a way to tolerate being in such a garbage production.

Old 11-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #204
dustrocck
Demi-God

If Billy had access to Twitter and Instagram in 1995, it would be some unbelievable bullshit, I'm sure.

But in 1995 he wouldn't be grappling with being a legacy act, so I suspect the bitterness and blocking of fans probably wouldn't have been as obvious.

Old 11-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #205
lionheart0
Demi-God

The best parts of all this have been the Jimmy shimmy and Jimmy spinning his drumstick in the Ramona video.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:52 PM   #206
Strange As Angels
Demi-God

Quote:
The lighting is awful. It looks like they've used a load of luminous spot lights and done zero editing
You’re right. It’s super amateur. Do they not have a big budget for this stuff? Who is their record company? I haven’t kept up.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:54 PM   #207
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Nobody has big budgets for videos anymore unless you’re some pop star. This is all out of pocket. For as much as music videos even get watched these days I wouldn’t want to spend that much either.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:50 PM   #208
Strange As Angels
Demi-God

Quote:
Nobody has big budgets for videos anymore unless you’re some pop star. This is all out of pocket. For as much as music videos even get watched these days I wouldn’t want to spend that much either.
I get that. Nobody watches MTV anymore. But I’ll still go to YouTube to see what my favorite bands have done with their songs in music video art form.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:57 PM   #209
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Doesn't need money. Needs taste. Any simple bit of video editing software could sort that shit out. If they're gonna go low budget, why not embrace it and not try to make it look high budget

This has the artistic merit of a 16 year old's school project.
Yeah I agree with you. Some of the coolest alternative videos in the late 80s and early 90s were really cool even with a low budget. Just need taste like you said.

Old 11-02-2020, 06:28 PM   #210
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

James’s face in the Ramona video sums it all up