Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
oh come one really
i know, i know, it's a none issue to most

Old 02-26-2014, 02:08 AM   #152
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
i pirated deafheaven today

sunbather in flac for the car
it's pretty good isn't it

Old 02-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #153
slunken
Virgo

I didn't jam it yet

Old 02-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #154
D.
Consume my pants.

once i was at the library and even though i had my ipod in the car, i borrowed sunbather so i could listen to it on cd

Old 02-26-2014, 11:53 PM   #155
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
once i was at the library and even though i had my ipod in the car, i borrowed sunbather so i could listen to it on cd
if i had one of those ports in my car i would never buy cds. but at this point i kind of enjoy the tradition of getting ready for a road trip or perusing the used cd bins even though its almost always for stuff i listened to back in the 90s.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:56 PM   #156
slunken
Virgo

i got stoked last week when i found an original pressing of pretty hate machine for $5 and mellon collie for $8.

new stuff i buy on vinyl and they all come with download codes and i can't force myself to buy cd versions of things i already own on vinyl although most of the stuff i wish i did have for my car. its not like i can pick it up casually at a store i would have to special order that shit.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:57 PM   #157
slunken
Virgo

i mean i could easily spend a couple hundred dollars getting cd versions of new stuff just for the car

Old 02-27-2014, 12:00 AM   #158
slunken
Virgo

i mean it's not like i can pick up an OPN or Emeralds cd somewhere for 5-10 dollars its 15+ every time

Old 02-27-2014, 12:03 AM   #159
slunken
Virgo

but then again most of my car tunes are just burned mixtapes from artists i enjoy. i like how online blogs will feature mixes made by artists. its another way to get inside the artists head i think and listen to the things they enjoy listening to.

OPN has a lot of great mixtapes, as does sun araw, spencer clark, and mark mcguire.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:12 AM   #160
slunken
Virgo

format wars

Old 02-27-2014, 12:29 AM   #161
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I stopped really buying CDs when I went to college and got my first personal computer. I discovered that file sharing and mp3s are not all evil and the ruination of music. I have tons of burned albums in the car, that's usually what I listen to when I'm driving. I also don't have an aux input. It's mostly mp3s, but honestly I don't think it makes too much of a difference in the car unless you have ballin speakers. background noise from the road and a generally inferior sound system to most home stereos equals the lossy quality doesn't bother me so much and isn't super apparent. Unfortunately my stereo at home reveals how limited mp3s are in a very stark way, so music only really sounds good if I am playing old CDs or vinyl, or if I can be bothered to download albums in flac which is rare.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:14 AM   #162
Trotskilicious
Banned

livejournal.com

Old 02-27-2014, 05:06 AM   #163
D.
Consume my pants.

Just saw Ringo Deathstarr put on a fucking amazing set in a small-ass bar for $3. THREE DOLLARS. I bought their newest vinyl ep and the opening band (Purple) was dope as shit and I bought their CD because I randomly had a $10 bill and I couldn't check slsk on my phone to see if i could get it for free.

Trots do you like ringer deafstir?

Old 02-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #164
bignothing
Demi-God

Now that I think about it I guess people with arms crossed at shows keep bands humble and thus serve their purpose. Who knows what Billy Corgan might have been if more people crossed their arms then...

Unrelated: I always wanted to crowd surf and never did it because I guess as a girl it would feel less like punk rock and more like gropefest. Can any girl tell me if that's the case or if I should do it before I'm too old? I am probably already too old for punk rock anyway.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:50 PM   #165
Anthony_Kiedis
Pledge

We were rebelling against the musical status quo of the 1980s as a real backlash to the 'hair metal’ of that era. There were all these bands taking themselves so seriously, coiffed and posing, and trying to look as handsome as possible. Our reaction was to try and be comical, and not quite so coiffed.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:11 PM   #166
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignothing View Post
Now that I think about it I guess people with arms crossed at shows keep bands humble and thus serve their purpose. Who knows what Billy Corgan might have been if more people crossed their arms then...

Unrelated: I always wanted to crowd surf and never did it because I guess as a girl it would feel less like punk rock and more like gropefest. Can any girl tell me if that's the case or if I should do it before I'm too old? I am probably already too old for punk rock anyway.
punk rock never dies but i do very much assume it's gropy

i saw the saddest stage dive ever at a bass drum of death gig before jpndrds

it was a young woman, maybe 19-21 or so and she gets on stage like she's gonna do it and then she hesitates and possibly suddenly realizes all the gropy because all the front row is like smelly dudes with long hair (much like BDoD) and the band is still playing and kind of laughing and she waves her boy over and she just jumps into his arms

it was possibly the most awkward thing i've ever seen at a rock show

(but i haven't seen bill in like 14 years)

Old 02-27-2014, 11:20 PM   #167
Order 66
Socialphobic

i got slapped in the face by a tiny asian girl at a starfucker show because i "groped" her i guess. its the front row during the encore bitch

Old 02-27-2014, 11:24 PM   #168
slunken
Virgo

i got punched in the head at an sp show in 2007 by some fat chick who was trying to muscle her way up front

Old 02-27-2014, 11:47 PM   #169
Kreatorkind
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
i got punched in the head at an sp show in 2007 by some fat chick who was trying to muscle her way up front
That was me... sorry.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:55 PM   #170
D.
Consume my pants.

at the annual radio station sponsored beach ball concert, where they have diff bands playing across a very large area and at different times, coheed was playing and we got there like at least 20 mins before they took the stage and there was a group of women who muscled their way up to the front and proceeded to either make out with each other and/or talk about how they were ready to fight anyone who would bump into them. they looked like really ready, almost pumping themselves up for it.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:58 PM   #171
Trotskilicious
Banned

i guess i just hate the name so much

Old 02-28-2014, 12:10 AM   #172
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

in high school i did the opposite of stage-dive - some friends picked me up and i crowd-surfed to the stage (and then i stage-dove). i guess that's what happens every time, huh.

i wasn't groped, but i wasn't feelin' it and haven't tried it since.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:28 AM   #173
Trotskilicious
Banned

that restores some faith in humanity