Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2020, 02:29 PM   #4621
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

i'd call you the alien but no self-respecting extra-terrestrial would make that many blatant father-probing references

Old 04-30-2020, 02:30 PM   #4622
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

and now we have a brand new paaage

Old 04-30-2020, 02:33 PM   #4623
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

He hasn't done a "block of the night" in a little while now. Is he getting more patient with the fans?

Old 04-30-2020, 02:52 PM   #4624
myosis
Minion of Satan

thanks for the info Mpls. Is it normal I can't find Arab Strap on bandcamp?

Old 04-30-2020, 03:02 PM   #4625
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

someone should ask him if he's listened to any Grimes and if he's aware she cites the Pumpkins as an influence and even referenced them in her lyrics recently

Old 04-30-2020, 03:52 PM   #4626
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
someone should ask him if he's listened to any Grimes and if he's aware she cites the Pumpkins as an influence and even referenced them in her lyrics recently
Interesting.
I haven't listened to her. What do you think?

Old 04-30-2020, 04:06 PM   #4627
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
thanks for the info Mpls. Is it normal I can't find Arab Strap on bandcamp?
Very strange that they don't already have a page set up. Maybe it won't be live until tomorrow morning? I am trusting Brooklyn Vegan on this one.

Old 04-30-2020, 04:13 PM   #4628
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Interesting.
I haven't listened to her. What do you think?
I think she's one of the most talented artists out there right now. I would be surprised if Corgan had listened to her though because despite going through his own goth electro phases, he would probably condescend the fact that she produces all the elements of her music. also he thinks there is no good modern music

Old 04-30-2020, 04:15 PM   #4629
Kahlo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Very strange that they don't already have a page set up. Maybe it won't be live until tomorrow morning? I am trusting Brooklyn Vegan on this one.
It makes me properly happy to see so many Arab Strap fans on here. Can't wait for the archive release tomorrow. Buzzing.

Old 04-30-2020, 04:31 PM   #4630
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
It makes me properly happy to see so many Arab Strap fans on here. Can't wait for the archive release tomorrow. Buzzing.
Would you want to make an Arab Strap thread on the Music board in anticipation of the Archive? You are of the same soil so it should be you.

Old 04-30-2020, 05:13 PM   #4631
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
The coronavirus pandemic has given a lot of musicians more time to dig through piles of stuff sitting in boxes and on hard drives, resulting in some pretty cool releases that may have never seen the light of day. Smashing Pumpkins fans, prepare for the motherlode — they’re releasing the massive Smashing Pumpkins Archive on Friday:

As Smashing Pumpkins note, the archive launches exclusively on Bandcamp on Friday, May 1, which is one of the upcoming Fridays where Bandcamp is waiving their cut of the profits. In the meantime, you can listen The Machina III EP below:
i was scrolling really fast and didn't see your first post

fuck

Old 04-30-2020, 05:49 PM   #4632
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
i was scrolling really fast and didn't see your first post

fuck
Lol

Poor Ram27, u friekin just killed his day u insufferable jokesters

Old 04-30-2020, 05:58 PM   #4633
YA5H
Demi-God

Quote:
wrong. the new testament is explicit that no one can be saved unless they have accepted jesus as lord and savior etc and so on. early christian theologians invented the idea of the harrowing of hell, in which jesus went to hell and rescued all the righteous souls between dying and being resurrected. if you're going to be some kind of christian troll at least get your basic facts straight instead of making up some quantum physics mystical nonsense like god exists out of time
First of all not one is truly good and not one is righteous except for God. Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." (doesn't sound like they went to hell to me) I agree that Jesus was the Ransom. He paid a debt that no one could pay except the Son of God and His death on the cross was the only way that we could even have a chance to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The only way to the Father is through the Son.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:04 PM   #4634
YA5H
Demi-God

Quote:
wrong. the new testament is explicit that no one can be saved unless they have accepted jesus as lord and savior etc and so on. early christian theologians invented the idea of the harrowing of hell, in which jesus went to hell and rescued all the righteous souls between dying and being resurrected. if you're going to be some kind of christian troll at least get your basic facts straight instead of making up some quantum physics mystical nonsense like god exists out of time
First of all not one is truly good and not one is righteous except for God. Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." (doesn't sound like they went to hell to me) I agree that Jesus was the Ransom. He paid a debt that no one could pay except the Son of God and His death on the cross was the only way that we could even have a chance to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The only way to the Father is through the Son. Listen, I don't claim to have all the answers, i'm just a sinner that loves God and believes in the Holy Bible.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:08 PM   #4635
run2pee
Minion of Satan

First of all not one is truly good and not one is righteous except for God. Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." (doesn't sound like they went to hell to me) I agree that Jesus was the Ransom. He paid a debt that no one could pay except the Son of God and His death on the cross was the only way that we could even have a chance to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The only way to the Father is through the Son. Listen, I don't claim to have all the answers, i'm just a sinner the loves God and believes in the Holy Bible. First of all not one is truly good and not one is righteous except for God. Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." (doesn't sound like they went to hell to me) I agree that Jesus was the Ransom. He paid a debt that no one could pay except the Son of God and His death on the cross was the only way that we could even have a chance to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The only way to the Father is through the Son. Listen, I don't claim to have all the answers, i'm just a sinner the loves God and believes in the Holy Bible. First of all not one is truly good and not one is righteous except for God. Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." (doesn't sound like they went to hell to me) I agree that Jesus was the Ransom. He paid a debt that no one could pay except the Son of God and His death on the cross was the only way that we could even have a chance to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The only way to the Father is through the Son. Listen, I don't claim to have all the answers, i'm just a sinner the loves God and believes in the Holy Bible. First of all not one is truly good and not one is righteous except for God. Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." (doesn't sound like they went to hell to me) I agree that Jesus was the Ransom. He paid a debt that no one could pay except the Son of God and His death on the cross was the only way that we could even have a chance to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The only way to the Father is through the Son. Listen, I don't claim to have all the answers, i'm just a sinner the loves God and believes in the Holy Bible. First of all not one is truly good and not one is righteous except for God. Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." (doesn't sound like they went to hell to me) I agree that Jesus was the Ransom. He paid a debt that no one could pay except the Son of God and His death on the cross was the only way that we could even have a chance to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The only way to the Father is through the Son. Listen, I don't claim to have all the answers, i'm just a sinner the loves God and believes in the Holy Bible. First of all not one is truly good and not one is righteous except for God. Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." (doesn't sound like they went to hell to me) I agree that Jesus was the Ransom. He paid a debt that no one could pay except the Son of God and His death on the cross was the only way that we could even have a chance to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The only way to the Father is through the Son. Listen, I don't claim to have all the answers, i'm just a sinner the loves God and believes in the Holy Bible. First of all not one is truly good and not one is righteous except for God. Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." (doesn't sound like they went to hell to me) I agree that Jesus was the Ransom. He paid a debt that no one could pay except the Son of God and His death on the cross was the only way that we could even have a chance to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The only way to the Father is through the Son. Listen, I don't claim to have all the answers, i'm just a sinner the loves God and believes in the Holy Bible. First of all not one is truly good and not one is righteous except for God. Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." (doesn't sound like they went to hell to me) I agree that Jesus was the Ransom. He paid a debt that no one could pay except the Son of God and His death on the cross was the only way that we could even have a chance to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The only way to the Father is through the Son. Listen, I don't claim to have all the answers, i'm just a sinner the loves God and believes in the Holy Bible.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:09 PM   #4636
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by YA5H View Post
First of all not one is truly good and not one is righteous except for God. Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." (doesn't sound like they went to hell to me) I agree that Jesus was the Ransom. He paid a debt that no one could pay except the Son of God and His death on the cross was the only way that we could even have a chance to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The only way to the Father is through the Son. Listen, I don't claim to have all the answers, i'm just a sinner the loves God and believes in the Holy Bible.
All I know is that early Christians thought it was enough of a problem or inconsistency in the story that the idea developed that Jesus went to Hell when he died and rescued the patriarchs and the prophets and so on and so forth.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:20 PM   #4637
YA5H
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthurt View Post
Every human being that existed before the gospel of Jesus is burning in hell for eternity. Sucks for them to be born in the wrong time lol.
Yeah this quote is what I disagree with. God know yours heart, the ones that feared Him and loved him before Jesus was crucified are not "burning in hell for eternity" because they were "born in the wrong time"

Old 04-30-2020, 06:36 PM   #4638
YA5H
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
hey YASH is your avatar a still from the abandoned Gorillaz video for 5/4?

genuine question
No it was from Silent Hill 2 the video game. I like the Gorillaz so will check out that song though.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:44 PM   #4639
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
No it was from Silent Hill 2 the video game. I like the Gorillaz so will check out that song though.
OMG that’s one of if not my fave all times, how much do u love it, exactly

Old 04-30-2020, 06:44 PM   #4640
run2pee
Minion of Satan

You just went from Joeys new best friend to my new best friend

Old 04-30-2020, 07:08 PM   #4641
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
also he thinks there is no good modern music
Except for Post-Malone and Miley Cyrus!

Old 04-30-2020, 07:41 PM   #4642
YA5H
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
You just went from Joeys new best friend to my new best friend
Lol, I take people very literal so I'm not sure if your just making fun of me. But when I was a teenager silent Hill 2 was my favorite game of all time. I love the soundtracks from 2 and 3 as well. Half Life 1 and 2 were amazing too.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:21 PM   #4643
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Lol, I take people very literal so I'm not sure if your just making fun of me. But when I was a teenager silent Hill 2 was my favorite game of all time. I love the soundtracks from 2 and 3 as well. Half Life 1 and 2 were amazing too.
No way, i would never joke u about silent hill. One of my fave things in existence. Shame about everything after 3. Shattered memories was ok, i guess

But yeah 2, omg. Now that’s a friekin timeless game. Atmosphere is unmatched in that thing. Will never forget experiencing the final sequence for the 1st time, mildly stoned, in the dead of night in my college bedroom — talk about BLOWN MINDS RELIGIONS SILLIE

Old 04-30-2020, 08:53 PM   #4644
YA5H
Demi-God

Quote:
No way, i would never joke u about silent hill. One of my fave things in existence. Shame about everything after 3. Shattered memories was ok, i guess

But yeah 2, omg. Now that’s a friekin timeless game. Atmosphere is unmatched in that thing. Will never forget experiencing the final sequence for the 1st time, mildly stoned, in the dead of night in my college bedroom — talk about BLOWN MINDS RELIGIONS SILLIE
Played them all except for shattered memories and the psp one. SH 2 was the best by far, 3 was excellent as well. SH 1 was great considering it's limitations on ps1. Remasters of 2 and 3 were a disaster.

Old 04-30-2020, 10:16 PM   #4645
YA5H
Demi-God

Run to me, did you ever see the movies Jacob's Ladder and Session 9?

Old 04-30-2020, 11:36 PM   #4646
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Run to me, did you ever see the movies Jacob's Ladder and Session 9?
Jacobs Ladder — oh hell yeah! Kickass film

Session 9 — oops haven’t yet, should i?

Old 05-01-2020, 12:53 AM   #4647
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I'll make it real simple, this is what I thought your av was from

Old 05-01-2020, 04:20 PM   #4648
YA5H
Demi-God

Quote:
Jacobs Ladder — oh hell yeah! Kickass film

Session 9 — oops haven’t yet, should i?
Yes, you should check it out. It was filmed at the Danvers State Hospital in Danvers, Mass. They closed down in the early 90's and we're turned into condo's in the 2000's. They perfected the prefrontal labotomy at Danvers State. Even one of the Kennedy's was a patient there and had a labotomy. The cover of the Session 9 DVD literally became part of silent Hill 3. They were fans of the movie and used it as a creepy memorable scene with that chair. Also Arkham Asylum from Batman was heavily influenced by Danvers State as well as other video games.

Last edited by YA5H : 05-01-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #4649
YA5H
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
I'll make it real simple, this is what I thought your av was from

Rocking out to it right now, good song and video, I love the rawness.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:34 PM   #4650
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

There was a hole here

It's gone now