Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2022, 10:35 AM   #1
Ram27
dumb

Default 22 years ago today was the last Metro show

and still no footage

i'm listening to to sheila from that gig -- linda strawberry sings the last chorus and god she really fucks it up. just completely bland generic national-anthem-esque deluge

Old 12-02-2022, 11:24 AM   #2
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

I've always wondered if Billy has held out on releasing it because he knows a portion of his hardcore fanbase will completely check out from SP/WPC once it becomes available.

Old 12-02-2022, 11:34 AM   #3
ourruseoffools
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
I've always wondered if Billy has held out on releasing it because he knows a portion of his hardcore fanbase will completely check out from SP/WPC once it becomes available.
he doesnt like it because he cried at the end of it and james didnt (to anyones knowledge)

Old 12-02-2022, 12:08 PM   #4
inkless
Ownz

I'm not particularly waiting for the show's release because all the titles outside of the machina album are played in the machina style

Last edited by inkless : 12-02-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Old 12-02-2022, 12:10 PM   #5
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

is that post supposed to make sense or should I just stop re-reading?

Old 12-02-2022, 01:20 PM   #6
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourruseoffools View Post
he doesnt like it because he cried at the end of it and james didnt (to anyones knowledge)
Honestly I think anyone with a PC could take this footage and, with one of those deepfake programs and ten minutes, make Billy not crying and James crying and screaming how he doesn't want to live any more while waving a gun around and Billy heroically tackling him and screaming that he loves him and D'arcy walking onstage and saying what a good person Billy is and what a bad person she is and Brian Wilson also walking onstage and saying Billy is way better than he ever was and he's getting back into bed forever because of this and God coming down and saying the exact same thing

Like, can one of your kids grow up just a little faster, Billy, to be old enough to use the internet and explain this shit to you

Old 12-02-2022, 03:16 PM   #7
absof
Demi-God

It’s interesting (to me, at least) that this release has missed the golden age of DVD and at this stage BluRay might as well be over too.

I doubt he (currently) want to release it, but if he did he’d have to be shopping it to streaming services, surely? How else could he turn a profit on a 22 year old, 4 hour concert in 2022?

Old 12-02-2022, 03:18 PM   #8
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Imagine how things would be now if the band had stayed gone

The real SP 1988-2000 RIP - Forever in our Hearts.

Old 12-02-2022, 03:18 PM   #9
absof
Demi-God

Maybe it’ll be released through Zuzu’s.

One track per DVD. Machine signed by Mikey B.

Old 12-02-2022, 03:25 PM   #10
absof
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Honestly I think anyone with a PC could take this footage and, with one of those deepfake programs and ten minutes, make Billy not crying and James crying and screaming how he doesn't want to live any more while waving a gun around and Billy heroically tackling him and screaming that he loves him and D'arcy walking onstage and saying what a good person Billy is and what a bad person she is and Brian Wilson also walking onstage and saying Billy is way better than he ever was and he's getting back into bed forever because of this and God coming down and saying the exact same thing
While we’re on this roller coaster can someone please just edit the girls out of the AUD recording?

Serious question - has anyone tried ‘remastering’ the AUD recordings?

Old 12-02-2022, 03:43 PM   #11
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Since most AUD sources are from one mic the track separation software just doesn’t work on them. It will separate the tracks as best it can but whatever offending noise will still be present on each track.

Old 12-02-2022, 03:44 PM   #12
ourruseoffools
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by absof View Post
While we’re on this roller coaster can someone please just edit the girls out of the AUD recording?

Serious question - has anyone tried ‘remastering’ the AUD recordings?
i did a matrix mix of shame from 12/02 that sounded pretty nice

Old 12-02-2022, 03:51 PM   #13
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe he'll give us the final show as part of the Zuzu's exclusive super deluxe edition of the Machina box set when it's released in 2055.

Old 12-02-2022, 03:53 PM   #14
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Billy will release it exclusively on laserdisc and vinyl in 2028

Old 12-02-2022, 04:27 PM   #15
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by absof View Post
I doubt he (currently) want to release it, but if he did he’d have to be shopping it to streaming services, surely? How else could he turn a profit on a 22 year old, 4 hour concert in 2022?
December 2, 2023: Debut of Madame Plus Zuzu's Plus The Smashing Pumpkins Video Borrowing Service Plus
December 5, 2023: Plug pulled, subscriptions not returned, never spoken of again

Old 12-02-2022, 04:34 PM   #16
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Having exclusive Zuzu’s vinyl only releases with the archival stuff recently made it clear that Corgan loves fucking with us. Having no lossless and no cd release is just plain stupid. At the very least a lossless download code should’ve been included with the vinyl. It’s not like that shit didn’t get ripped anyways.

Old 12-02-2022, 05:50 PM   #17
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Like, can one of your kids grow up just a little faster, Billy, to be old enough to use the internet and explain this shit to you
Damn gotta spread

That spiraled out of hand so fast and so perfectly. Thank you for making me grin through the pain

Old 12-02-2022, 06:54 PM   #18
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Thumbs up

Happy to hear it, unless "the pain" was like a BDSM thing someone was doing to you at the time, in which case it's not cool to force me to participate in your kink

Old 12-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #19
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Happy to hear it, unless "the pain" was like a BDSM thing someone was doing to you at the time, in which case it's not cool to force me to participate in your kink
Got lot of pains. But none of them were enhanced sexually by your post. Just the grin. And i dont do grin play, or anything

at least ...not yet hhurhhruhrhurhur

Old 12-03-2022, 12:10 AM   #20
Ram27
dumb

join Madame Zuzu's Plus for $12.99/m and get unlimited streams of every SP music video, in HD

select songs from select concerts are included with ads

no free trials are offered

Old 12-03-2022, 06:43 PM   #21
KManXC
Ownz

22 years God damn. Three kids since, Ph.D., few houses, multiple states, etc... Wild how time flies.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:00 PM   #22
BumbleBeeMouth
Apocalyptic Poster

Wait, have i had a mandela moment - i've seen and heard the last show...

yeah it's on youtube... wtf

Old 12-07-2022, 10:49 PM   #23
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KManXC View Post
22 years God damn. Three kids since, Ph.D., few houses, multiple states, etc... Wild how time flies.
Damn congratulations on the multiple states, everything else u mentioned sounds like work