Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-03-2021, 11:54 AM   #1
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Default Billy the comedian

anyone have any clips of billy landing a joke?

thread brought to you by T&T because using the word "Billy" in the title of a thread breaks the board, lol

Last edited by reprise85 : 06-03-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Old 06-03-2021, 12:52 PM   #2
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

i liked when he pronounced it "see-a-meese dream" on some of those older shows

Old 06-03-2021, 12:53 PM   #3
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

& that whole thing with nick cave, for the unintentional humor of cave just not havin it

Old 06-03-2021, 01:26 PM   #4
T&T
Socialphobic

@3:30 https://youtu.be/engk-a3OJs0?t=210
Quote:
Jay: why are you guys breaking up?
Billy: uhh, Comedy doesn't pay Jay.
Jay: huh?
Billy: Comedy doesn't pay.
Jay: Doesn'T pay?
Billy: Comedy doesn't pay.
Jay: Comedy doesn't pay.
he repeats the punchline 3 times
no one laughs.

is this funny????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqrlVeP6puQ
was the funny part "Dennis is crying"
@2:40 "it doesn't matter LOLOLOLOL"

Old 06-03-2021, 01:27 PM   #5
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
thread brought to you by T&T because using the word "Billy" in the title of a thread breaks the board, lol
WHo'd thought of incl uding words to break the board.

Thanks r85

Old 06-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #6
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I like that clip where he's trolling Nick Cave at Lollapalooza.

Old 06-03-2021, 03:01 PM   #7
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

there's an interview where he's asked about having multiple personalities. he says yes, definitely. interviewer says, how many do you have? he says, well, that depends on which one you ask.

Old 06-03-2021, 03:02 PM   #8
paranoid
Minion of Satan

i remember seeing them in CT on the end times tour, and they're playing mayo and some drunk guy is screaming at billy from the front row. They end the song and billy says "young man, i can't hear you, what are you trying to tell me?" drunk dude "your guitar is too loud" Billy- "my guitar is too loud because your sitting directly in front of my fucking marshall stack dude, it's science!!" he pauses, looks at the audience and calmly says "I'm also an educator." Audience laughs. I laughed too.

His sarcasm is when he's best at humor. he seems able to land those.

Old 06-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #9
paranoid
Minion of Satan

there's also that one "why do you keep yelling darcy smile?" "she looks better when she smiles" "you look better when you keep your mouth shut."

that's a classic.

Old 06-03-2021, 03:09 PM   #10
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

there was this one time on IG where he posted a zombie gif - fucking hilarious and not expected at all

Old 06-03-2021, 05:50 PM   #11
Shallowed
Braindead

Billy isn't a comedian, he's a tragedian

Old 06-03-2021, 08:46 PM   #12
Big Truck05
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy does an entire set during "The Gambler" on 10/31/2008 Columbus, Ohio

Some highlights:

The Gambler has some advice for you: Try living in a warmer state. Try living in a state with only one "O" in the title. Try not living in a city named after a fake explorer.

He kills with:

I hope these words are etching upon your heart like a bad tattoo. I'm guessing there's some bad tattoos out there.... you know what I'm talking about. It's hard to work at the post office with those full sleeves. It's hot... you gotta wear the short sleeve shirt. The Gambler... no tattoos.

I want you to open up your heart... Then later, I want you to open up your wallet.

Then he roasts Jeff for playing the wrong cord.

Classic Billy! I love it.

Old 06-04-2021, 03:33 AM   #13
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post

no one laughs.

basically the perfect example. bill is so unfunny and self-centered, he just doesn't get that saying "comedy doesn't pay" (three times, no less) to an extremely wealthy comedian, on his nationally televised comedy show* probably isn't gonna land.

just ugh. UGH

FUCK YOU BILL!!!

*a show which admittedly sucks, but that's not the issue here

Old 06-04-2021, 12:14 PM   #14
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

I think the Jay Leno thing is ok. It’s billy amusing himself and not giving a shit is how I take it.

I can’t remember the last time he even said something that lighthearted.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:16 PM   #15
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

I'll take any excuse I can to watch that Leno performance. Band was shit-hot.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:51 PM   #16
lionheart0
Demi-God

“James doesn’t like to tune if you know what I mean”
Classic Bill during the 5-13-2000 show. Right before the “shoe in the face” story.
An audience member raised their hand saying that yes he deserved to be hit in the face with a shoe. Bill goes on to say he’s going to kick his ass “you plaid mother fucker” and then says “You can’t hide I saw you at a Pearl Jam show. Hey it’s the kid from the Jeremy video.”

Old 06-04-2021, 02:00 PM   #17
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

billy ONO corgan

it's so dumb but his sheer amusement plus the little "whoosh" motion make me chuckle every time

that little MTV lolla segment really is just a mid-90s pumpkin gem overall, really

Old 06-04-2021, 02:23 PM   #18
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

2008 11-03, Massey Hall, Toronto

"I’m sure we’ve disappointed a few of you tonight, yes, it happens. Like for instance, this young man over here yelling “Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock,” as if I’m fucking deaf! “Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, hey, Billy, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, you remember, Cherub Rock, it’s in E, Cherub Rock, (sings five notes of main riff), Cherub Rock.” My friend, Cherub Rock is night 2 of the extravaganza, okay? Night 2. You find me, you find me a band without beards who can play 48 fuckin’ songs over two nights, okay? This ain’t no hippie shit. This is prog, people.

(sings) Everything is beautiful...oh, it’s so good!...in its own way, sing with us!

Everyone is beautiful in your own Canadian way. Saskatoon, Newfoundland, Quebec, Toronto...what a beautiful country.

(sings) You’re the most beautiful crowd I’ve ever seen.

I know when I lay my head on my pillow tonight, I’ll be dreaming of you. That’s right. And as I faintly drift off to sleep, I’ll hear “(whispering) Cherub Rock (getting louder) Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock (normal voice) Cherub Rock Cherub Rock Cherub Rock Cherub Rock Cherub Rock (slowing down as if breaking) Cherub Rock Cherub Rock Cherub Rock Cherub Rock Cherub Rock” like a bad fuckin’ acid trip!

My friends, ay-mena, shush, I may not be president tomorrow...but I still rule this earth right here, that’s right, (barks). Ha ha, I am the king of all this land. Cherub Rock included, fucker! I wrote that song in a car, buddy, going to work, okay? ‘Cause I didn’t have anything better to do that day. Ladies and gentlemen, we have to go, we have to go. The big hand of Geddy Lee is coming down upon us: (high pitched) “Leave the stage. Leave the stage.” (normal) So we bid you adieu until tomorrow. Good night, ladies and gentlemen! We love you! Good night!" (mic drop)

Old 06-04-2021, 03:19 PM   #19
Zerospaced
Apocalyptic Poster

I always liked the old "Are you ready to rock?" "Well you're in the wrong place" or however it went.

and the shoe story was entertaining on the 5/13/2000 show.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:49 PM   #20
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post

no one laughs.

is this funny????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqrlVeP6puQ
was the funny part "Dennis is crying"
@2:40 "it doesn't matter LOLOLOLOL"
its pretty funny

Old 06-04-2021, 08:51 PM   #21
slunken
Virgo

i wish billy was a shitposter

Old 06-04-2021, 09:54 PM   #22
Big Truck05
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

"I’m sure we’ve disappointed a few of you tonight, yes, it happens. Like for instance, this young man over here yelling “Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock,” as if I’m fucking deaf! “Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, hey, Billy, Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock, you remember, Cherub Rock, it’s in E, Cherub Rock, (sings five notes of main riff), Cherub Rock.” My friend, Cherub Rock is night 2 of the extravaganza, okay? Night 2. You find me, you find me a band without beards who can play 48 fuckin’ songs over two nights, okay? This ain’t no hippie shit. This is prog, people.

(sings) Everything is beautiful...oh, it’s so good!...in its own way, sing with us!

Everyone is beautiful in your own Canadian way. Saskatoon, Newfoundland, Quebec, Toronto...what a beautiful country.

I know when I lay my head on my pillow tonight, I’ll be dreaming of you. That’s right. And as I faintly drift off to sleep, I’ll hear “(whispering) Cherub Rock (getting louder) Cherub Rock, Cherub Rock (normal voice) Cherub Rock Cherub Rock Cherub Rock Cherub Rock Cherub Rock (slowing down as if breaking) Cherub Rock Cherub Rock Cherub Rock Cherub Rock Cherub Rock” like a bad fuckin’ acid trip!

My friends, ay-mena, shush, I may not be president tomorrow...but I still rule this earth right here, that’s right, (barks). Ha ha, I am the king of all this land. Cherub Rock included, fucker! I wrote that song in a car, buddy, going to work, okay? ‘Cause I didn’t have anything better to do that day. Ladies and gentlemen, we have to go, we have to go. The big hand of Geddy Lee is coming down upon us: (high pitched) “Leave the stage. Leave the stage.” (normal) So we bid you adieu until tomorrow. Good night, ladies and gentlemen! We love you! Good night!" (mic drop)
Another classic

Old 06-04-2021, 10:46 PM   #23
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

The improvised questions when playing “Once in a Lifetime” on the Machina tour were funny

Old 06-05-2021, 03:51 AM   #24
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

what was the show where he did a smashing pumpkins trivia, and he asked "what's the b-side to our first 7" single i am one?"
and then nobody knows it, and he goes "not worth asking".
that's a joke, right? (i don't remember anyone laughing, though.)

Old 06-05-2021, 10:07 AM   #25
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy is super funny.....

Funny looking!

bahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!

Mark my words, because of this post, within 12 hours bolly will have another bullying lecture on Instagram

Old 06-05-2021, 10:14 AM   #26
T&T
Socialphobic

consensus on netphoria seems split. billy should and will take that as a measure of success. maybe he'll start writing comedy.

I consider it a joke as well when billy says "i've been busy writing wrestling scripts". I don't pay attention to any of his wrestling stuff and I pray he's just trolling (he's serious isn't he?)

Old 06-05-2021, 10:23 AM   #27
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

When Billy said he played a character during Mellon Collie. Funniest joke ever.

Old 06-05-2021, 12:41 PM   #28
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
basically the perfect example. bill is so unfunny and self-centered, he just doesn't get that saying "comedy doesn't pay" (three times, no less) to an extremely wealthy comedian, on his nationally televised comedy show* probably isn't gonna land.

just ugh. UGH

FUCK YOU BILL!!!

*a show which admittedly sucks, but that's not the issue here

did you just say about BC?

Old 06-05-2021, 03:09 PM   #29
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i think you heard me just fine, joseph

Old 06-08-2021, 12:39 AM   #30
Ugly
Immortal

Location: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

I was a few rows down during that rant, he literally turned and pointed at "Cherub Rock included, FUCKER!" I died.

Great Billy one-liner from SD tour. "This song is called Soma. It's about when he went and toured Minneapolis and nobody liked us, treated us mean."