Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 03-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #31
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: You're 22 why aren't you free?You're 22 why aren't you free? you're mom and daddy's victory

how can people say all those fucking horrible things about Billy on that site, and this site. im about to flipping lose it. just, you're all fucking trash

Old 03-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #32
Rickpat12
Apocalyptic Poster

KB's tweets directed at Courtney Love seem to be proof that we may have another lawsuit on our hands.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #33
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
why would they talk about jimmy leaving the first time, that's old news.
they wouldn't. shambles has shit for brains.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #34
Caine Walker
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis The Fat Years View Post
they wouldn't. shambles has shit for brains.
this is true.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:28 PM   #35
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

The only thing left to comment is this: The man has serious mental issues and needs some help or some better people around him. I loved the guy and his music in my early 20s so I hope he gets some. The last 10 years have been an utter mess.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #36
june_soma
Whore of Saul Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corganist View Post
I can't say I'm thrilled he's airing more dirty laundry out.
I am! I love tattle-tale Corgan. Bring on the dirty laundry, underwear with skidmarks and all!

Old 03-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #37
Caine Walker
Braindead

ew.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #38
vbshlofbvgos
Apocalyptic Poster

He's been quiet for too long. He just had to talk shit again.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #39
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbshlofbvgos View Post
He's been quiet for too long. He just had to talk shit again.
it's been what 3 weeks?

Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #40
Mayfuck
Banned

Can anyone point to anything concrete that suggest mental issues or ''mess'' in the last 5 years? Can't say I like Billy Corgan at all anymore but these replies once again drive me toward sympathy for the man. Many of you don't think your posts out but thats not surprising.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #41
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck View Post
Can anyone point to anything concrete that suggest mental issues or ''mess'' in the last 5 years? Can't say I like Billy Corgan at all anymore but these replies once again drive me toward sympathy for the man. Many of you don't think your posts out but thats not surprising.
The fact that he wants to commit suicide every morning.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #42
paranoid
Minion of Satan

so billy fires jimmy and jimmy decides to make a two paragraph post citing his own personal reasons for leaving?

i'll read the article first but i've got a fishy feeling corgan is lying.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #43
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck View Post
"I could eat breakfast or kill myself this morning." maybe not a concrete sign of a total mental mess, but he is crying out for help as far as i'm concerned. Read a handful of his EFHTT posts and he often speaks of himself as being lonely. I can see why someone may interpret him as being miserable.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #44
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickpat12 View Post
he contemplated suicide again?
Wouldn't you?

Old 03-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #45
daevil1
Demi-God

I bought the magazine and Billy did indeed fire Jimmy in 2009 because he felt that Jimmy's destructive personality was still evident and couldnt reach his creative peak with someone destructive around. Also of note is some new song titles including The Dauphine, Blurricane, Fate the Lonely Actor, and a familar one As Rome Burns!. He has written over 50 songs and claims to have 10-15 super top level ones which he planned to scatter them with all the non super top level ones but has now decided to put them to the front of the line and write more songs. I would suggest reading the whole article as it's really a good read.

One more good info is that he sold the rights to "Today" to Visa to buy his own studio and allow him to be free and release all the music for free as he is doing now.

Last edited by daevil1 : 03-03-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #46
slunken
Virgo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by daevil1 View Post
super top level ones

Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #47
paranoid
Minion of Satan

could you post a transcript?

and destructive personality still evident? I really, really find that hard to believe.. but if Billy says it, it must be the truth!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #48
daevil1
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
could you post a transcript?

and destructive personality still evident? I really, really find that hard to believe.. but if Billy says it, it must be the truth!
The article is literally 4 full pages long so it would be too much to post a transcript.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #49
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

I just pucke it up. I'll scan it in a few if no one else has.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #50
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

The more I read, the more I want to puke.

I am at the part where he is crying for hours after some dude touched him.

Last edited by srt4b : 03-03-2010 at 10:50 PM.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #51
You Said
Apocalyptic Poster

Jimmy you go to rehab! James get the fuck out of here!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #52
Catherine Wheel
Banned

The Smashing Pumpkins are the biggest train wreck of a band ever.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #53
Pop Tart
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
....i've got a fishy feeling corgan is lying.
I'm at the point where I think he'll do or say anything to get publicity. I know that's a horrible thing to say, but it feels true. The Jessica Simpson thing seemed like a publicity stunt, but she got all the attention, so now he's got to blather for his fifteen minutes in the spotlight.

Seriously, he'd be much better off if he bought a rocking chair and a porch, and sat around and reminisced. It'd be a lot easier on all of us. He wouldn't be making such a dick of himself, and we'd feel less pissed off that a former hero - and someone who was worth looking up to - is now nothing but a fucking toss pot.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #54
paranoid
Minion of Satan

also, was he suggestion jimmy was still using drugs during the machina era? it seems like the total opposite of what has been believed over the past 10 years.

in his 2005 confessions, he pretty much spoke positively about chamberlin, even when speaking about his drug binges during the SD recording era. He panned on james and darcy non stop though.. speaking of how terrible they were as people. But now Jimmy's out of the picture he's speaking ill of his past within the band.. going so far as saying he still had destructive behavior up to last year.. and honestly the evidence seems to prove otherwise. Jimmy seemed to be way, way beyond that point, and had grown into a new person. He spoke a great deal about it in that Chris Issack interview.

i'm going to conclude that BC is full of shit.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #55
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Not only is he full of shit but he seems determined to alienate himself from everyone who was in the original group.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #56
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

THE BLURRICANE!!!

Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #57
Gish08
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy Corgan is a helpless child with a severe psychological disorder.

Fuck him for firing Chamberlin last year. That's it. I'm done with this motherfucker. At best, I will be cautiously (and VERY cautiously) indifferent about anything he does.

It's a fucking shame; even in 2007 he could do amazing things (Gossamer etc.), but honestly, he completely collapsed last year artistically. He finally burned himself out.

But... really, though? Firing Jimmy Chamberlin? Does he not realize how vital he is to the band for it to carry on under the Smashing Pumpkins name, not only because there were no other original members left, but because he's basically one of the best, if not the best drummers to come from the 90's pool of rock bands? And on top of that, he plays a huge role in making the band what it is unless Billy's playing something extremely mellow and/or bland like all of this recent music he's been shitting onto his shrinking fanbase. Adore was an exception to the rule because it was a skillfully executed departure album with a well-planned live tour. Billy isn't that smart anymore, I'm afraid. For all of the big ideas he has about everything, he's pretty fucking stupid for not being able to realize this.

I really wish he'd just stop making music at this point. I don't think he has anything left to offer that's worth much beyond a "well, it's okay" type of comment.

I tip my hat off to him for doing amazing things for basically 25 years, but everyone burns out, and Billy finally did. He is indeed correct for stating that he deserves credit regardless of what the Pitchforks of the world may say, but lately, Pitchfork and co. may finally have enough justification to run with, up until a year or two ago, what were primarily outlandish claims against a man who was insanely talented.

I have a lot of respect for Jimmy. It takes a lot to just take a deep breath, walk away from the band, and blame it on creative differences rather than lashing out at the man he helped carry to great heights (more than either James or Darcy) for firing him for absolutely no good reason. Remember, Chamberlin said only four months prior to getting axed that SP is something that he would consider to be a life commitment, so I'm sure he was feeling pretty awful when Billy replaced him with a 19 year old who has absolutely no talent whatsoever.

I hope Billy and his poor excuse for a drummer get booed off the stage when he finally figures out when to tour again.

Last edited by Gish08 : 03-03-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #58
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

blurricane is the worst part of this whole thing

Old 03-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #59
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post
blurricane is the worst part of this whole thing
No. The worst part about this whole thing is that I am not really surprised by The Blurricane. Par for the course.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #60
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

I have it scanned you guys still need?