reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i went on a date with trots

Old 05-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #272
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

so for some reason my family and i were visiting qatar and we took a train that went through europe.

so we were in qatar and a war breaks out and we're inside the entire time. i wake up one morning to find my parents gone and the warzone right outside my door. we were only supposed to be there for three days and it's the fifth day now...

all i have is my old cell phone, for some reason it still works but i've lost my real cell phone. so i find out my parents are in europe somewhere (the next stop on the train), but i have to get passed this road, where people are passing and randomly being shot. i pack up all my shit into two suitcases and run past the road and make it. good. now there's a van headed to europe instead of a train, and i get my stuff in there and we go through the war zone and get to the really poor area of whatever country it's supposed to be. so i take my stuff out and talk to my parents on the phone and they give me street names and i try asking people how to get there but the dont speak english so i just start yelling out street names and people point me there.

i get to my parents and all of a sudden i only have a backpack and all of my stuff is gone. all of my clothes, my laptop, apparently all of my possessions were in there and they are now gone.

my dad comes up to me and says look, we're going to give you 100k - get all new stuff, go to school, do whatever you gotta do, and never talk to me again. i'm trying to wrap my head around this when i wake up

Old 05-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #273
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocksure View Post
i just woke up from a dream in which trotskilicious and i went to a concert, shouted at the band and eventually had to deal with the police for being disruptive or something. pretty good, would dream again
this sounds like real life if we were at a coldplay show

"I'm not sorry officer, they are WANKERS. WANKERS!!!"

Old 12-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #274
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Red face

Had to tell someone about this crazy dream I had the other night. I haven't had a really vivid dream in a long time, but this felt like real life.

I was part of some crime family operating out of this big victorian house in a classy suburban neighborhood. I live in the house with many extended family members (none of which are members of my family IRL), and I cannot identify who any of them are, but I know we are related. We suddenly get word that the police are on their way to raid the house. I'm not sure what sort of illegal stuff we deal in exactly, but we all scramble to hide evidence of our wrongdoings. We have many secret compartments and passageways in the house use these to stash illegal stuff. I know what I have to do, and go down a long crawl space on one of the upper floors. At the end of the cramped passage I retrieve our CONTINGENCY PLAN, laid down by some patriarch of our organization long ago. I flip through the pages and find that everyone has been assigned a task. Some of us continue stashing stuff while others plant c-4 along the street in front of the house and in the driveway.

As the sirens wail in the distance, weapons are doled out and everyone takes their places. Most of my family take positions on the upper floors of the house, children hiding in the center rooms while adults are placed in sniper nests by the windows. Two people wait for the cops in the front yard in order to try and talk our way out of the assault. On the last page of the CONTINGENCY PLAN I find my own designated task: it is I who has been assigned to try and negotiate with the police. I stash my pistol in my jacket and wait in the front room with two others. The cops come screeching up our street and park their cars all along the front of the house. My two family members outside keep some of the cops busy talking desperately while some other officers come to the door and knock. We allow one officer to enter and I begin bullshitting him that he has the wrong house, this is all a big mistake, etc. etc. He seems to be buying it, despite the fact that I am reading my highlighted sections from a script from the CONTINGENCY PLAN as I am speaking to him.

Everything seems like it is going to be ok. Then, the cop asks to see the pink highlighter I am holding. Why do you want to see my highlighter officer? The cop leans in and grabs my hand, looking intently at the highlighter. Then I realize we are fucked. The pink highlighter has a serial number on it which reveals it to be stolen goods. The cop gets angry and starts talking loudly, telling me to hand over the stolen highlighter and put my hands up. I panic and words unknown spill out of my mouth as I grasp at straws to save the decaying situation. At that moment a voice comes through his walkie talkie. "They've planted c-4 outside the house! Repeat, they've–" THE SOUND OF GUN SHOTS RINGS OUT THROUGH THE WALKIE TALKIE FOLLOWED BY SCREAMING. The cops have killed my two family members outside. Before I have time to react there are several tremendous explosions outside, and then a hail of machine gun fire from the floors above me. There's no way out now. I know what I have to do. I pull out my hand gun and unload the entire clip into the shocked officer in front of me before he can reach his weapon. As I am firing bullets into him, he turns into a giant smart phone with eyes. His touch screen shatters into pieces uncountable and everything goes black.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #275
D.
Consume my pants.

Last night I had a dream that I met Kathleen Hanna in Blue Springs, MO at a house that we were supposed to be finishing cleaning up - like, it was empty but there was a lot of dirt, left over strips of insulation, construction left over bullshit, etc.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:42 PM   #276
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

that's pretty crazy, rbg.

ive been having those dreams where i have a penis and rape people again.

last night it was like i had raped people, and was in some kind of probation or group or something for rapists trying to behave better, but i get some kind of urge and break away from the group and rape someone, i dont even remember anything about the person.

hate.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #277
redbreegull

last night I dreamt that 28if and I were in a band called Benjamin Anne Franklin. In our first music video, we were enthusiastic attendees of a record burning of our own albums

Old 03-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #278
Shallowed
Braindead

I had two nights in a row where I dreamed that I was a woman being chased by a rapist. I can't really remember the first one, but the second one was like a surreal video game. I had to traverse between safe and unsafe areas in an urban environment, like a park to and a well lit and well populated area. All the surfaces had glowing words overlaid on them, in the unsafe areas it was like PAIN, SCARED, LOST in glowing red, and in the safe areas it there were words like SAFE and HAPPY in a warm blue.

At one point I'd just narrowly escaped someone chasing me out of an unsafe area into a safe area. I looked back and I could still see the red unsafe area behind me, and I realised I was still being chased and I could see the blue words all around me change into red ones.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:15 PM   #279
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
I had two nights in a row where I dreamed that I was a woman being chased by a rapist. I can't really remember the first one, but the second one was like a surreal video game. I had to traverse between safe and unsafe areas in an urban environment, like a park to and a well lit and well populated area. All the surfaces had glowing words overlaid on them, in the unsafe areas it was like PAIN, SCARED, LOST in glowing red, and in the safe areas it there were words like SAFE and HAPPY in a warm blue.

At one point I'd just narrowly escaped someone chasing me out of an unsafe area into a safe area. I looked back and I could still see the red unsafe area behind me, and I realised I was still being chased and I could see the blue words all around me change into red ones.
maybe you and reprise are having the same dream

Old 03-24-2014, 11:38 PM   #280
Shallowed
Braindead

In a dream, we are connected.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:27 AM   #281
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
maybe you and reprise are having the same dream
yeah sounds like one i'd have

Old 03-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #282
Shallowed
Braindead

It's quarter past midnight and I want to eat some leftover pizza.

I fear I may regret this decision.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #283
Cool As Ice Cream

replace leftover pizza with 8.5% beers and that's the kind of decision i sometimes regret.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:14 AM   #284
Shallowed
Braindead

Last night I dreamed that I was at a birthday party/"pre-funeral" for a woman who was going to turn 100 years old the next day. She had planned to die via euthanasia on her 100th birthday.

Everyone was saying speeches, and a relative of hers who looked like he was in his 40s said he'd like to recite a poem, which went:

Every day I die
Every day I cry
Every day I bleed

and then I suddenly heard this sound effect

like he just told a painfully lame joke that didn't even deserve a classic rimshot.

And then I woke up.

And then I thought what an abysmal poem my subconscious had written, and wondered why the hell a 40 year old would express to a 99.9 year old who was going to die tomorrow that he felt like he was dying every day.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #285
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

that's a strange dream

Old 11-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #286
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

i dreamed the board was taken down and I'd missed it and we were now being redirected to some car forum or some shit and I was seriously bummed the fuck out but here you guys are so its all good

thank you for existing

Old 11-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #287
Shallowed
Braindead

We should make a pact to to keep posting like nothing ever happened, if that ever happened.

Go ride around in a white van for the rest of your life.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:07 PM   #288
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i have a recurring dream theme recently where i am trying to kill myself by jumping off a building. i climb to the top, which is always the 4th floor, and jump, but somehow land just fine on my feet and this only seems a little strange to me. i then decide i need to find a taller building to jump from, and i walk around the area trying to find the perfect building.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #289
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

It's been tough sleeping lately more so than usual. Lots of bad dreams involving burial and loss/feeling of missing.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:59 PM   #290
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I spent my nightly 3 hours of sleep dreaming of:

a pale pink flying dragon, hardly could make out the dragon, it looked like formed out of clouds and/or smoke.
not only was that thing as big as a house, it also managed to fly loopings. so I had to stare at it for what felt like hours until I couldn't move my neck any more and woke up.

that's post-traumatic Björk- live dreamland for you. my neck really does hurt now.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:37 AM   #291
Shallowed
Braindead

I had a dream recently where I met an MP that I particularly like and support. I shook her hand, said that I admire her work etc. and asked if I could have a selfie with her. She kissed me on the cheek as I took the photo, which led to us making out, which led to us going to her house to have sex.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:42 AM   #292
yo soy el mejor

i dreamed i was standing on a crowded train and slowly realized i couldn't breathe being so short and all. i craned my neck for air but i couldn't get any and couldn't speak. i became frantic and short of breath and was hyperventilating until i woke-up with a jolt and so relieved.

i h8 dreams like that. they're freaky-cool in hindsight but i really don't enjoy them.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:46 AM   #293
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I had a dream recently where I met an MP that I particularly like and support. I shook her hand, said that I admire her work etc. and asked if I could have a selfie with her. She kissed me on the cheek as I took the photo, which led to us making out, which led to us going to her house to have sex.
Jacinda?

Old 08-03-2015, 12:47 AM   #294
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
not Louise Upston, I hope. for the sake of your dreamland.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:54 AM   #295
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Why do you even know who that is, pavementcreep?

Old 08-03-2015, 03:30 AM   #296
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Jacinda?

Old 10-15-2015, 11:27 AM   #297
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

last night i dreamt that somebody loved me

Old 10-15-2015, 11:30 AM   #298
D.
Consume my pants.

A few nights ago i dreamt i was on top of one of the original trade center towers. naturally being terrified of heights, i was crawling and clinging to the floor because there was a slight wind pickup and there were no barriers on the edges.

Getting sweaty palms just recounting it.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #299
redbreegull

The other night I was at 28if's house and got my biannual fit of hiccups that lasts for 24+ hours, so I slept pretty poorly as my diaphragm was convulsing all night. I had a dream that I was punching and kicking and screaming at a big metal wall, ostensibly made of aluminum or something, as I kept putting big dents in it without really injuring my hand too bad. I remember feeling an immense amount of frustration and rage, and I couldn't speak. I woke up in the morning with abrasions on my knuckles. Somehow I had also taken a picture of his attractive female friend into my bed.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:07 PM   #300
redbreegull

what up I know y'all been having some dope dreams lately so let's do this

The ex-boyfriend of this girl I hooked up with years ago was chasing me around in a combat helmet trying to kill me. I haven't seen this dude in years so I have no idea why he was in my dream. He had also recruited the drummer from my high school band to his cause, and at one point we had sort of a temporary ceasefire in which I met him on the top of a tank. I was yelling that he needs to just get over it because that's what is in line with our college's mission statement.

Then I was in my neighborhood and witnessed a low-flying commercial airliner stall, turn over, and in slow motion crash into the apartments across the street. It was incredibly realistic and detailed. I watched the wing clip some roofs and tear away parts of buildings before the fuselage made contact with the ground resulting in an unbelievable fiery plume. My family and friends were there and I kept yelling that we needed to get to the crash and help, but no one could hear me and instead they forced me into a car and we drove away