Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-26-2019, 03:17 PM   #3391
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Arrow

Corgan in 2008:

"I've had a bad marriage and seven bad girlfriends in a row."

A perspective he attributes to his dedication to music...

Old 06-26-2019, 03:22 PM   #3392
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
fuzzy trolling the SP board HARD.

nicely done

Old 06-26-2019, 03:23 PM   #3393
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

I have this awful feeling that Catholics Against Militarism don't Respect the Troops

As a proud God-Fearing MAGA Jingoist Hoo-Rah American Hero I am just sick to my stomach that someone claiming to be religious would be so focused on peace over idolization of our noble War Boys

Old 06-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #3394
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Apostrophe aside, honestly not sure I can fault him for this

Old 06-27-2019, 06:06 PM   #3395
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

interesting how someone with such good taste in art ends up being billy corgan

Old 06-27-2019, 07:00 PM   #3396
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I think the reproductive purpose of sex "for us as a species" is long obsolete, considering some 385 million (says UNICEF data) children live in extreme poverty, maybe look there first before arguing for more children being born willy nilly.

And even if you agree with the statement that more more more and oversexualisation hasn't gotten us anywhere, where exactly do the "millions of unborn babies" come in?
Is he arguing against birth control? Against a health care system that provides for contraception so fewer children get born into broken homes and poverty?

It's just a bunch of halfassed nonsense to me at best, a hypocritical anti-choice statement at worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I was thinking he means people are deciding to be promiscuous instead of choosing to have a family instead... which isn't the same as saying that people are being promiscuous, getting pregnant, and then getting rid of babies.

But I was raised in a very liberal area so maybe I just don't get the semi-coded language.

Either way it's fucked up
I read it as saying the correct and moral purpose of life is to commit to a family and raise kids, and if you don't do that you are responsible for not having the kids that the universe has purposed you to raise. I wouldn't be shocked if he meant something coded about anti-abortion in there, but I interpreted it as a more broad moral proselytization about the right and wrong way to live one's life mixed with some good old fashioned sex-shaming (Billy has previously made disparaging comments about how promiscuous younger generations are, although he is actually completely wrong on that based on real data on the behaviors of young people).

honestly for the most part I don't think Billy Corgan is really smart enough or a good enough critical thinker to engage with any serious kind of thoughts about policy or political philosophy. he hides in vagueries and word-salad spiritualism to foster this kind of general feel-good religious righteousness worldview, which allows him and other morons like him to feel correct even when nothing they say or think makes sense or even follows an internal logic.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:50 PM   #3397
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I read it as saying the correct and moral purpose of life is to commit to a family and raise kids, and if you don't do that you are responsible for not having the kids that the universe has purposed you to raise. I wouldn't be shocked if he meant something coded about anti-abortion in there, but I interpreted it as a more broad moral proselytization about the right and wrong way to live one's life mixed with some good old fashioned sex-shaming (Billy has previously made disparaging comments about how promiscuous younger generations are, although he is actually completely wrong on that based on real data on the behaviors of young people).

honestly for the most part I don't think Billy Corgan is really smart enough or a good enough critical thinker to engage with any serious kind of thoughts about policy or political philosophy. he hides in vagueries and word-salad spiritualism to foster this kind of general feel-good religious righteousness worldview, which allows him and other morons like him to feel correct even when nothing they say or think makes sense or even follows an internal logic.
Nailed it

He’s a fucken dum dum, pure and simple

Old 06-27-2019, 09:55 PM   #3398
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Just another shmuck who felt no meaning or purpose in life for years and had a kid and it changed his life and now eeee very one has to have one.

He's become the guy who shows off the baby pictures

Old 06-28-2019, 12:26 AM   #3399
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

I don't agree with everything he says, but Billy is a very intelligent man and more talented than most internet dweebs.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:36 AM   #3400
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Cane View Post
I don't agree with everything he says, but Billy is a very intelligent man and more talented than most internet dweebs.
Thank you for participating

Old 06-28-2019, 01:18 AM   #3401
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Fremdschämen for Billy:

Old 06-28-2019, 01:25 AM   #3402
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Fremdschämen for Billy, part 2:

Doing self promotion with your template...

Old 06-28-2019, 04:51 AM   #3403
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
How's the tour going, Bill?

Old 06-28-2019, 04:59 AM   #3404
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Just another shmuck who felt no meaning or purpose in life for years and had a kid and it changed his life and now eeee very one has to have one.

He's become the guy who shows off the baby pictures
Billy basically did what countless other emotionally damaged people have done: fill the need for attachment with a child who is dependent on them for survival. The idea of therapy is to not do that. Your child does not exist to fix your emotional problems. It's literally a form of abuse.

Last edited by Funbags : 06-28-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:18 AM   #3405
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I sort of wonder if Chloe trusts him while he’s on tour, while she stays home and breastfeeds the baby and makes dinner for the toddler...

Old 06-28-2019, 06:21 AM   #3406
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

re Funbags & Shadaloo:

I forgot who said it, some famous artist: My child is my greatest artwork.

From working around people with massive delusions of grandeur, I learned that narcissists have children not so much because they want to have someone who depends on them, but to create a mini-me of their genius.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:25 AM   #3407
vixnix
Socialphobic

Plus, I guess for male former rock stars now in their late forties, there’s a handy intersection between physical capability and having nothing to lose

Old 06-28-2019, 06:28 AM   #3408
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

It was Jeff Koons (bloody dementia). "My children are my biological sculptures."

Old 06-28-2019, 06:42 AM   #3409
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Old 06-28-2019, 09:39 AM   #3410
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Lightbulb

It's also rad as hell that he's talking about committing to a family and then going out on endless tours

Like have kids but don't change your lifestyle one iota; they'll be there when it's convenient for you to spend time with them

Old 06-28-2019, 09:46 AM   #3411
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Let's not discuss his parenting approach. Each to their own. It's his business.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:41 AM   #3412
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Let me put it this way

Making fresh popcorn at home is a skill at which i am very talented. Talkin buttery salted deliciousness that makes ppl not only swear off that microwave shit, but essentially cum, with their mouths/tongues etc. You could even say that i create popcorn with the same kind of passion, skill, and emotion we all saw big willie putting into his solos on tafh recently, for example

At the same time, i am an exceedingly dumb man. Not smart, at all. And i am able to own this. And if someone asks me about the future or the culture or the stars or promiscuity, i might say some horseshit for fun, but it should not form the basis for any serious analysis or action by anyone

Are u starting to see what i’m getting at, here?

Old 06-28-2019, 11:05 AM   #3413
FoolofaTook

Red face

U tokin' microhits before you devastate that cum-inducing popcorn?

Old 06-28-2019, 11:21 AM   #3414
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
The dude is lecturing on family values so I feel like it's fair game, but I also recognize that traveling is part of his job and it may not be financially viable to give up on touring

We just know he's a narcissist so I have Some Feelings about whether or not it he was deeply conflicted about scheduling so many tours back to back

Old 06-28-2019, 11:23 AM   #3415
FoolofaTook

ya'll forget about the b0ld lord cavorting about with linda at a burlesque show not long after auggie jupes was born?

Old 06-28-2019, 11:27 AM   #3416
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Talking

Also hell yeah to properly made popcorn; share your Tips and Tricks and Techniques

When I can I pop mine in coconut oil for a richer (but not coconutty) flavor

I tried following an online recipe for sriracha popcorn once but I just ended up scorching the shit out of my pot and burning the whole batch

Old 06-28-2019, 12:29 PM   #3417
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
re Funbags & Shadaloo:

I forgot who said it, some famous artist: My child is my greatest artwork.

From working around people with massive delusions of grandeur, I learned that narcissists have children not so much because they want to have someone who depends on them, but to create a mini-me of their genius.
omg...Jack Bates is a mini-me of Peter Hook

Have you ever watched an interview with him? The answer to every question is basically "WELL MY DAD...".

Would you like to play some slap-bass Jack? "WELL MY DAD WOULDN'T DO THAT"

Old 06-28-2019, 12:39 PM   #3418
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

I cannot believe in this, the year of our Lord 2019, we are talking about Bill’s family values

Old 06-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #3419
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
If it's his business, why's it on his IG?

I strongly believe all parenting should be open to public scrutiny for the sake of the child. Oh, the parent doesn't like being criticized? Tough shit. It's not about you.

Last edited by Funbags : 06-28-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:58 PM   #3420
myosis
Minion of Satan

let's just flat out accuse them of abuse from the scrutiny of our internet wisdom.