Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #1
Bread Regal
Banned

Default are any of y'all members of a gym?

there is a planet fitness around the corner, and i've been wanting to let out some aggression on a rowing machine.

seems reasonable to pay 10/month to having access to free weights and aerobic machines.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #2
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

is a gym membership only ten dollars a month? Some gym came after my deadbeat sister a few years ago for not paying her membership in months and they wanted hundreds of dollars from her

Old 03-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Only $10? What's the downside, one day a week access for 2 hours??
I'm used to much higher prices.

In terms of letting out aggression it works for me. Unless some of these incredibly annoying fucks train at the same time, then I'm ready to explode after an hour.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

I work out at home, but if you don't have the space it's probably your best bet. $10 if it isn't a sham offer is a steal.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
Order 66
Socialphobic

i have a membership at LA Fitness. the facility itself is pretty upscale yet affordable but unfortunately the clientele is mostly... well i'll be PC and just say they're trashy. and it really interferes with my workouts unless i'm there when its virtually vacant

i think 24 hour fitness is generally better if you want to shell out a little more

honestly though, i don't know how i could live without a gym membership. that shit is mandatory imo

Old 03-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
Bread Regal
Banned

I'm thinking of going to planet fitness which is a 30 dollar initial registration, 10 bucks a month. they are 24 hours, which might be useful.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
Starla

Yes but I never go.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
honestly though, i don't know how i could live without a gym membership. that shit is mandatory imo
i've never really been in the habit of working out with any regularity. my ankle injury which took forever to heal reminded me that i need to, you know, use my body a little bit so i don't die of a heart attack at 50.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #9
Order 66
Socialphobic

i've had a gym membership of some form since i was 17.. so its always been there as a catharsis. and i REALLY need it now my metabolism is plummeting and my beer consumption is skyrocketing

one thing i really love is the sauna. be sure to check it out if your gym has one. nothing better than capping off a day with a 30 minute session in there.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #10
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

we are members at the ymca down the street. i haven't gone though.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #11
yo soy el mejor

i try to go every day and started lifting weights a little over a month ago. today was plyos and legs. kekeke. right now i guess i'm focused or at least most excited about being able to lift more weight. today i did weighted squats, good mornings, and some other junk with 20kg. in one more month i'd like to increase that by 5 or 10 if it's possible - without hurting myself of course.

:I

Old 03-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #12
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

yo soy I dont mean this in a bad or critical way at all, just honest curiosity I swear, but do you work?

Old 03-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #13
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post
yo soy I dont mean this in a bad or critical way at all, just honest curiosity I swear, but do you work?
i can't because i'm at the gym 24/7

i did lie, though. i do want to go everyday but i probably only get there 4 times a week. 5 if i'm lucky.

can we talk about working out now?

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 03-27-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #14
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

go for it, im going to go take a nap

Old 03-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #15
yo soy el mejor

omg dont u werk?

Old 03-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #16
D.
Consume my pants.

he twerks

Old 03-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #17
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

its exhausting, naps help

Old 03-26-2014, 11:11 PM   #18
yo soy el mejor

real salt of the earth guy. R E S P E C T

Old 03-26-2014, 11:40 PM   #19
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Mine's $88 a month, closes at 9-10pm, 6:30pm on weekends. So $10/month is pretty cheap!

I just love to run on the treadmill and occasionally use the cross trainer. Can't do it without headphones though. I need tears for fears blasting from one ear to the other to get my nerdy emo sweat on.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:50 PM   #20
null123
Minion of Satan

i got a 24 hour fitness membership. costs 25 a month. i'm jealous you have a 10/month one near you

Old 03-26-2014, 11:55 PM   #21
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I really enjoyed 24 hour fitness in austin. You can run anywhere, but having access to a variety of weight machines is great. Give this place a month and see what you think. It's all about finding a routine that fits in your lifestyle.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:52 AM   #22
Cool As Ice Cream

never been a gym member. not planning to become one.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:34 AM   #23
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Women in gyms can be much more annoying then "yo chick you see my muscles"-type guys.
women anywhere, really

Old 03-27-2014, 04:40 AM   #24
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

If I'd say that I'd have to face charms in a radfem & misogyny battle. I can't deal with that.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:41 AM   #25
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

We don't get rich wives on equipment, they all go to classes. It's all young girls and old men on the treadmills. And me muhahahaha

Man I am so fat. I must stick out so much but I just don't care any more, I'm there to feel good, with my tears for fears and my minimalist running shoes and my body fat shaking away...

Old 03-27-2014, 04:47 AM   #26
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
We don't get rich wives on equipment, they all go to classes. It's all young girls and old men on the treadmills. And me muhahahaha

Man I am so fat. I must stick out so much but I just don't care any more, I'm there to feel good, with my tears for fears and my minimalist running shoes and my body fat shaking away...
Good. (You aren't fat.)
Only female member I get along with in that club I currently go to is just like that. Youngest kid of hers is not even a year, apparently she got pretty big. She's the only woman not in designer outfits, size xs. And the only one who seems to actually enjoy working out instead of simply showing off.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:49 AM   #27
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i'm a member of sportsclub la and probably go once every 4 months on average. not very proud of that

Old 03-27-2014, 06:14 AM   #28
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Good. (You aren't fat.)
Only female member I get along with in that club I currently go to is just like that. Youngest kid of hers is not even a year, apparently she got pretty big. She's the only woman not in designer outfits, size xs. And the only one who seems to actually enjoy working out instead of simply showing off.
Yeah ick. So stupid. We get a lot of princessy schoolgirls at the place I go. But I think it's only because their midlife crisis Dads on the treadmills elected to buy family memberships. Ours is good though - people choose it because they like to work out, not to be seen. Most of the screens have sports or news channels on them, it's very not-showy. Can not staaaand show-y gyms. Plus all the weights and boxing/ circuit stuff is downstairs so I never have to look at/ listen to the lifting sessions which is pretty nice.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:24 AM   #29
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Women in gyms can be much more annoying than "yo chick you see my muscles"-type guys.
well, this is pretty insulting. what's wrong with a woman working out?

i've never been annoyed by a woman at the Y gym. the ones i've met and talked to have been friendly and helpful.

sometimes high school girls will come during after school hours and can be annoying in the locker room and frustrating to watch in the gym. who works out in jeans and polo shirts while drinking from a can of coke?!

edit: maybe you should go to the Y

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 03-27-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #30
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i've never been annoyed by a woman at the Y gym. the ones i've met and talked to have been friendly and helpful.
they're all gay?