Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2007, 11:29 PM   #31
???
Minion of Satan

worst board ever. over a dozen forums and not a single Noel Edmund fan forum. disgusting

Old 12-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #32
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviousJ
The average person couldn't tell you the odds of throwing two sixes with a pair of dice, you're insane
Like I said, you don't give people enough credit. Most people may not know the exact numerical odds off the top of their heads, but they can recognize when the deck is stacked against someone. Stop being so cynical.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:21 AM   #33
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

...are you seriously defending deal or no deal?

Old 12-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #34
Eulogy
huh

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85
+rep

Old 12-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #35
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corganist
Like I said, you don't give people enough credit. Most people may not know the exact numerical odds off the top of their heads, but they can recognize when the deck is stacked against someone. Stop being so cynical.
The deck is never stacked against anyone. The banker offers the sum of the remaining amounts divided by the number of the remaining cases * .90

The deck doesn't change

Old 12-25-2007, 01:58 PM   #36
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Half-heartedly to be sure. I just don't understand why, with all the absolute shit on TV, everyone here decided to get all up in arms over this mediocre-but-harmless game show as though it's somehow the ruin of western society. It's not the dumbest show ever. It's not indefensible. It's just another mediocre game show.

I mean, "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader" is right there, and it actually deserves this kind of derision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son
The deck is never stacked against anyone. The banker offers the sum of the remaining amounts divided by the number of the remaining cases * .90

The deck doesn't change
True, but there are times when that amount is favorable to the player and times that it's not. And for the most part, it's not too hard to tell when the player should take his money and run.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:14 AM   #37
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

there's no strategy. it's a fucking random number game with 50 whores on stage, that gets dragged out forever. it's pretty awful. and while it may not be some ridiculous show of the decline of western civilization, it's certainly a step in the wrong direction

Old 12-26-2007, 03:28 AM   #38
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Quote:
there's no strategy. it's a fucking random number game with 50 whores on stage, that gets dragged out forever. it's pretty awful. and while it may not be some ridiculous show of the decline of western civilization, it's certainly a step in the wrong direction
There is strategy. It's not random. I agree that the show is still not very interesting or presented very well in spite of that, but it's still pretty harmless.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:33 AM   #39
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

strategy on a 3rd grade level? I'll give you that.
i agree that it's pretty harmless

Old 12-26-2007, 04:38 AM   #40
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

Quote:
I just don't understand why, with all the absolute shit on TV, everyone here decided to get all up in arms over this mediocre-but-harmless game show as though it's somehow the ruin of western society.
i don't think anyone in this thread is doing this. they're just talking about the show being bad, not lamenting the fall of civilization as we know it in a heroic outrage-filled rally. (see what i did a little bit of there?) assigning an exaggerated / fabricated quality to an opposing point of view right inside of your argument against said exaggerated / fabricated quality is such a brazenly deceptive and circular cheat tactic.

unfortunately it's also a signature Corganist move. if you're going to play devil's advocate for the right reasons then you don't deploy such dirty tricks. i hope you don't try shit like this in your profession and if you ever do, i hope you don't get away with it. of course one of those hopes is highly unrealistic and i fear the other might be too.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:22 AM   #41
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner
i don't think anyone in this thread is doing this. they're just talking about the show being bad, not lamenting the fall of civilization as we know it in a heroic outrage-filled rally. (see what i did a little bit of there?) assigning an exaggerated / fabricated quality to an opposing point of view right inside of your argument against said exaggerated / fabricated quality is such a brazenly deceptive and circular cheat tactic.

unfortunately it's also a signature Corganist move. if you're going to play devil's advocate for the right reasons then you don't deploy such dirty tricks. i hope you don't try shit like this in your profession and if you ever do, i hope you don't get away with it. of course one of those hopes is highly unrealistic and i fear the other might be too.
I love how everyone else on here can hyperbolize for effect from time to time without anyone batting an eye, but then the second I do it, it's a low-down, dirty, nefarious trick meant to somehow gain some unfair advantage in an argument because I'm some kind of ruthless shyster. I know I take myself too seriously on here sometimes, but that doesn't mean everyone else should take me too seriously too.

And I really resent the implication that there's anything about my posting style that would suggest anything negative about my professional ethics. That's a really low blow. I know it can be a frustrating experience for people here to argue with me on things, but I've never acted in anything but good faith with everyone here.

And besides, I really wasn't even hyperbolizing that much in this thread.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:34 AM   #42
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
I love how everyone else on here can hyperbolize for effect from time to time without anyone batting an eye, but then the second I do it, it's a low-down, dirty, nefarious trick meant to somehow gain some unfair advantage in an argument because I'm some kind of ruthless shyster. I know I take myself too seriously on here sometimes, but that doesn't mean everyone else should take me too seriously too.

And I really resent the implication that there's anything about my posting style that would suggest anything negative about my professional ethics. That's a really low blow. I know it can be a frustrating experience for people here to argue with me on things, but I've never acted in anything but good faith with everyone here.

You have a really warped view of yourself.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:38 AM   #43
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
You have a really warped view of yourself.
How so? Indulge me.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:41 AM   #44
Warsaw
Minion of Satan

Don't bother with Rider. The guy is a douche. He has accused me on numerous occasions of "flooding the board", but he has no proof to back it up.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:20 AM   #45
Starla

lol

Old 12-26-2007, 06:22 AM   #46
Starla

I only like jeopardy or bingo at the fire fighter's hall on wed night.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:25 AM   #47
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

When warsaw takes your side you are keeping great company.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:29 AM   #48
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

Quote:
I love how everyone else on here can hyperbolize for effect from time to time without anyone batting an eye, but then the second I do it, it's a low-down, dirty,

so for a second here he had it, he was on to me, and then

Quote:
nefarious trick meant to somehow gain some unfair advantage in an argument because I'm some kind of ruthless shyster.

oof he starts veering off course, man he was so close. and now that the trail's colder he almost starts doing the Corganist trick again

Quote:
I know I take myself too seriously on here sometimes, but that doesn't mean everyone else should take me too seriously too.
oh cg you should not be worried about that right now

Quote:
And I really resent the implication that there's anything about my posting style that would suggest anything negative about my professional ethics. That's a really low blow.
well he took it at face value. to be honest i would probably have done the same thing.

Quote:
I know it can be a frustrating experience for people here to argue with me on things, but I've never acted in anything but good faith with everyone here.

so all it takes to get a good string of what appear to be honest, decent words out of the man is to give him a taste of his own medicine. Corganist, when your prescription expires i hope you will have been cured

Old 12-26-2007, 06:35 AM   #49
Warsaw
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
When warsaw takes your side you are keeping great company.
tl;dr

Old 12-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #50
beef curtains
Immortal

Quote:
its also probably the only game show you could go on and win $100k. are you too good for that?

Old 12-26-2007, 05:30 PM   #51
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

howie should dress like this on the show

http://www.geocities.com/stimpysvideotrading/lm.jpg

Old 12-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #52
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner
so all it takes to get a good string of what appear to be honest, decent words out of the man is to give him a taste of his own medicine. Corganist, when your prescription expires i hope you will have been cured
So my "medicine" for mildly exaggerating the extent to which people were bashing a mediocre game show is to be accused of using "dirty tricks" (with the implication that I use said tricks in my profession)? That seems a bit harsh dude.

And to think, I don't even like Deal or No Deal. I could understand the claws coming out if I was saying it's a greatly entertaining, thrill-a-minute show, and that everyone should watch it. Hell, I probably would have to dig into mythical bag of "Corganist tricks" (whatever the hell those are) to make that argument fly. All I'm saying is that the show is bad, but not bad enough that you have to shake your head in disapproval at anyone who watches it or wonder why the show even exists. Surely that can't be the most objectionable thing I've ever argued...but whatever.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:18 PM   #53
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/C..._11a.widec.jpg

NO DEAL CORGANIST