Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2022, 10:12 AM   #1
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Exclamation Is Billy a Theosophist/Gnostic?

Was at the Hollywood Bowl show last night and the “story” he’s been telling us for 33 years makes so much more sense now. 33 is a mystical number in the gnostic, mason and theosophist traditions. Theosophy has deep Chicago roots. Zero could have been written by Blavatsky.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:32 AM   #2
FoolofaTook

Billy has spoken extensively about the fact his beliefs align with an ideology close to or informed by gnostic christianity, and I recall during his instagram Q & A he noted The Gnostic Gospels by Elaine Pagels as a book he recommends everyone read, which is a thesis on the variations between Christian orthodoxy and the gnostic tradition.

Also MACHINA is heavily informed by VALIS by Philip K Dick, which is about a psychedelic experience Dick had whereby he came into contact with an entity he calls zebra, which is the Vast Artificial Living Intelligence System of the title, and reflects the gnostic teachings in a modern esoteric context.

So yeah I think he knows a lot of gnostic ideas and his work reflects it, whether his beliefs are totally identical? I think he responds to what he sees in the world but resonates with those underlying understandings.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:32 AM   #3
FoolofaTook

Not being nearly as intellectual as Billy, but now in a similar rabbit hole - he’s defiantly delivering a message and feels divinely chosen to do so. “I’m the chosen, I’m the one.”

I just found the Frontline/PBS “From Jesus to Christ” I plan to watch that as it covers this author and material.

I never planned to meet Billy on my path here (someone I was SO into 25-30 years ago and have met 3 times, James as well both together and separately) but it’s said that when you finally awaken to the path, it meets you where you are. His Starseeds side band should have been another sign.

Very helpful. Many thanks.

I can’t do Valis right now. Possibly too prophetic. I found parts of the show the other night scary. The Talking Heads cover and Silverfuck solo in particular.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:33 AM   #4
FoolofaTook

For sure, it's a deep dark well if you are to confront the possibility of these ideas.

I def think Billy believes he has a divine mission, which is why its so weird to see him often painted as a grifter. None of what he is doing would make sense from a purely business mindset, you dont go out of your way to say the things he says if you want to sell heaps of records. He's a self confessed capitalist for sure, and you could question his methods or decisions, sure, but it certainly feels like a means to a higher end.

As for the chosen one point, there was an interesting comment in one of the podcast eps where he mentions that everyone has their own part to play and that everyones actions are important.

Im in Australia, so would have dearly loved to see the show and respond to elements of what theyre bringing out live. Definitely feel you on the path though. Ive had various moments of intersection with Pumpkins on my journey. Some weird synchronicities over the years. Will check out the pbs doc 👍

Old 11-24-2022, 10:48 AM   #5
pinetree
Ownz

I'm still going with the PEP theory ( pompous egotistical prick )

Old 11-24-2022, 10:51 AM   #6
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

No.

He is just into any concept or conspiracy that feeds his narcissism.
There is no structure or coherency.

He is forever like a high schooler confronting the occult for the first time.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:54 AM   #7
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Is FoolofaTook a Reddit/Copycat?

[ ] Yes
[ ] Yes

Old 11-24-2022, 10:55 AM   #8
FoolofaTook

Ok, Slunken.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:56 AM   #9
FoolofaTook

Let me enlighten you. The great architect of the universe that they are referring to is known by many names but we will call him the chief archon. The god of freemasonry is the builder of the Tower of Babel,Nimrod, aka Gilgamesh and the G in the Masonic square and compass symbolizes him. Have you ever bothered to read Albert Pike? Manly P. Hall? And getting back to Corgan, why does he rock the square and compass on his shirt and a Shriners belt buckle if he's not a Mason? Oh and another favorite symbol of yours that he's rocking all of the time is the pentagram. I mean it's perfectly normal for people to wear logos of teams on their clothing if they're not a fan or part of said team.

Old 11-24-2022, 02:17 PM   #10
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Do these people on Reddit really talk about this shit?

Old 11-28-2022, 10:59 AM   #11
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Talking

I saw this thread there and was particularly amused to see that this guy was talking to an actual Freemason, who was repeatedly like "I have no idea what you're talking about with this shit" and he's just like "Well let me correct your understanding of your own experience to you based on what I read on the internet"

Old 11-28-2022, 08:20 PM   #12
FoolofaTook

Old 11-29-2022, 02:34 AM   #13
ilikeplanets
Braindead

This is why people hate fandoms