Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Cascais Bullfight Arena, 02-06-1996 - Audio source

Yeah, one of the best SP performances where audience helped a lot, they went crazy...

I have an audio of this show, but it sucks hardly...

My question:
Does exist any good audio source of this show?

(Well, I believe SP theirselfs maybe recorded the show like they probably do on every show... - but I mean an accessible audio source )

Old 10-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
marrs-guitar
Demi-God

http://www.archive.org/details/tsp1996-05-02..flac16

this is as good as it gets for that show (and yes its still pretty bad)

Old 10-27-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrs-guitar View Post

yeah, I have that one already....
Next?

Old 10-27-2008, 08:38 AM   #4
memories_unwind
František`s mate

Don`t know about a better copy but when I wanted to check out the venue I found out it has been demolished, what a shame. That venue must have been so amazing, just a couple of hundred meters away from the ocean in a bullfight arena...I wish my new bike could travel through time...

Old 10-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spira|_ View Post
Next?
fuck off.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #6
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Next?
you're a fucking idiot.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #7
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
fuck off.
Xupa-me o tutano...
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
you're a fucking idiot.
Xupa-me o tutano also...

Cant you be more original?

And to say that poor shit why do you bother in answer?
...get a life!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

This is a classic example of someone from a third world and/or insignificant country who has an inferiority complex, so they must fill their posts with shallow anti-Americanism (we're all American to him, no matter where we're from) in order to sound cool and tough. Don't mistake it for just impoliteness.

Or maybe it's a phenomenon limited to lusophone countries, not third world countries in general. I can say this without being racist because I live in one.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #9
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Also, you spelled chupa-me wrong.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #10
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairun View Post
This is a classic example of someone from a third world and/or insignificant country who has an inferiority complex, so they must fill their posts with shallow anti-Americanism (we're all American to him, no matter where we're from) in order to sound cool and tough. Don't mistake it for just impoliteness.

Or maybe it's a phenomenon limited to lusophone countries, not third world countries in general. I can say this without being racist because I live in one.
Wtf are you talking about? Are you talking to me?! Tbh doesnt matter... It's the same.
Plz just fuck off with that kind of posts in the thread! Thank you.

Why do you all complicate what is simple... damm a guy just post a question about sources of a show and you flame like morons for nothing ffs.
If you want to answer 'I appreciate you.', if you dont, you just dont... 'Thank you anyway.'.

dass...

Old 10-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #11
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Come on, I'd be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have no knowledge of the pragmatics of the English language, but that's only partially true. "Yeah, I have that one already.... Next?" sounds as bad in your language as it does in English, so there's no excuse.

Seriously, I've seen a lot of people saying that Netphorians are rude for no reason, but that's the opposite from what I've seen here. You just can't: 1) have a sense of entitlement when asking for help; 2) post inconceivably inane things; 3) be Monte. It's not that hard.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #12
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

Spira|_ is an idiot, yes, but a harmless one. Rairun, you come out as a soaring asshole. His nationality has nothing to do with him being irritating.

Also, what kind of ignorant fool labels Portugal as a third world country? And equating being a third world country to the word 'insignificant'... Fuck you.

Last edited by rolmos : 10-27-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #13
redbull
Immortal

the fact that spiral is a complete and utter idiot who should probably have been aborted has long-since been established. I'm kind of embarassed that people, myself included, actually responded to this thread.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #14
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolmos View Post
Spira|_ is an idiot, yes, but a harmless one. Rairun, you come out as a soaring asshole. His nationality has nothing to do with him being irritating.

Also, what kind of ignorant fool labels Portugal as a third world country? And equating being a third world country to the word 'insignificant'... Fuck you.
Ah, what the hell, okay. So this is where I go on one of my useless rants:

Obviously, your nationality doesn't determine if you're irritating or not. I don't think I'm irritating (not for the same reasons, anyway), and I'm from Brazil, a lusophone third world country. I've also been to Portugal several times in the past 4 years because my girlfriend is Portuguese. I don't think she's irritating, nor are the other Pumpkins fans I met there.

Still, there are certain trends of thought in these countries that are pretty much self-evident when you know their culture well. It's so obvious here in Brazil that there was even a TV commercial recently that played on that notion. There are two Brazilians and one Argentinian on the beach, and the Brazilians are talking about how it's crazy that this country is so rich and yet suffers with so many problems. The Argentinian agrees, and says it's a shame Brazil is so full of problems. The two Brazilians glare at him and say, "What the fuck? Who said we have any problems? This country is perfect, you moron."

About 8 years ago, when I played Everquest, I'd sometimes run into Brazilians who would be rude in much the same way as Spira|_, but who would act normally around other Brazilians. When I talked to them, I always got the impression that they dismissed "those Americans" outright, because they assumed Americans were arrogant and thought themselves superior to everyone else. It was specially common among the ones who didn't speak English very well and felt insecure. So they were rude without provocation as a preemptive strike of sorts. When I said this was common among people from "insignificant countries", I didn't mean that they are actually insignificant--I was just referring to the tendency that many people here have to feel insignificant around foreigners, even when there's no discrimination whatsoever against them.

From what I've seen, this kind of feeling is just as common in Portugal as it is in Brazil. Again, this doesn't mean that every Brazilian and Portuguese person is going to act that way. But I think it'd be a mistake to say it isn't common. I don't think Spira|_ is an idiot because he's Portuguese, I think he's an idiot because he feels inferior. It just happens that the reason why he feels inferior here might be related to his nationality and his linguistic skills.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #15
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

tl;dr

Old 10-27-2008, 03:49 PM   #16
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

no, seriously, if you are going to get worked up about some random poster on the internet being arrogant, you may want to not come out looking like a douche yourself.
And no, Brazil =/ Portugal. I've lived in both countries, and that generalization is just stupid.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #17
Cool As Ice Cream

yeah, sorry, that's really too long to read.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #18
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolmos View Post
no, seriously, if you are going to get worked up about some random poster on the internet being arrogant, you may want to not come out looking like a douche yourself.
And no, Brazil =/ Portugal. I've lived in both countries, and that generalization is just stupid.
Well, yeah, point taken. :P

And I wasn't saying that Brazil = Portugal. I'm aware of the differences. But among the similarities, I'd definitely ******* a generalized lack of confidence when it comes to their own countries. In Brazil, it's mostly because there are so many social problems; in Portugal, because it's behind most western European countries. I can't be sure that's the case with Spira|_ (he might be just an asshole to everyone), but it isn't uncommon for people to be defensive when they are put in a situation in which they believe they are inferior. Even if they've dreamed the whole thing up.

Anyway, it's not like it matters.

Edit: i-n-c-l-u-d-e. Why is this censored?

Old 10-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #19
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

I agree with your last point. It's sad hearing some Portuguese referring to themselves as Europe's ass because of their geographic/economical situation.
Brazil is very confidant WITHIN America, but elsewhere seems to undervalue itself on purpose.

include works just fine.

Ok, thread over.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #20
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
My question:
Does exist any good audio source of this show?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrs-guitar View Post

Quote:
Why do you all complicate what is simple... damm a guy just post a question about sources of a show and you flame like morons for nothing ffs.
Looks who's making things complicated. You got your question answerred in the first reply of the thread. What more do you want?

Now fuck off. Seriously. Ingrate!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #21
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

Rairun:
What is wrong with you? It looks you are really feeling yourself inferior than everyone, including Portugueses... you are strongly complexed with that... maybe you feel it with your girlfriend too... just get around it, wtf!
And I wasnt rude to anyone, and of course was not my intention at all to be it. I come to Netphoria just to talk with fans who 'love' the same band I do, to learn something about them (SP) and to have some fun. Just it. You are complicating all this. Dont create wars from nothing please, there are enough in our world already.
You look like comming here to let off steam your problems. And does really makes you feel better to come here giving portuguese lessons or lessons about countries's differences or racism or any of those off-topic things you are talking about here.
And I mispelled 'Xupa-me' intentionally... I can explain you why one day...

-------------
Cool As Ice Cream:
Cool I just insisted on the question because you or any other 'leet fan' could know about any other 'rare source'. Like happened once when I asked about audio sources of 1996-01-06 show and someone answered me about a guy called Ziggy who could have some better source of it than the 'normal' ones wich are circulating on the internet.
Im not being ingrate, is not my way of life to be, ok? I always thanks for the helps. Maybe you misunderstood me bad in some point. But you just dont need to be that rude when a person asks you for help about a matter he is just ignorant about.

--------------
Redbull:
You always are stupid about everything I could say, maybe it makes you feel somebody here since you maybe are a frustated at 'out-of-netphoria' world. What could I tell you more? A 'go fuck off' also? No, It's just pointless talk with you... Thank you, bye.

--------------
...and sorry about my poor english.

Why does a simply thread could turn in a so sad thread here? omg... why?...

Old 10-27-2008, 08:04 PM   #22
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

because you touch yourself at night.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #23
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

Spira|_,
Esquecer o assunto. Esta é apenas uma questăo de comunicaçăo.
Eles compreenderam a mensagem errada, nada mais. Vocę deveria tentar ser menos ruidoso.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #24
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memories_unwind View Post
Don`t know about a better copy but when I wanted to check out the venue I found out it has been demolished, what a shame. That venue must have been so amazing, just a couple of hundred meters away from the ocean in a bullfight arena...I wish my new bike could travel through time...
it can't?? oh bud, you really bought the wrong bike! sorry to hear it :/