Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 02:24 PM   #4561
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I am back to save the universe!

Well, not really. I'm back to make occasional comments, and maybe mention my evening classes.

Old 05-15-2023, 03:03 PM   #4562
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

that is definitely ok
welcome back

Old 05-15-2023, 03:29 PM   #4563
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Thanks

Old 05-16-2023, 02:33 PM   #4564
ilikeplanets
Braindead

There was a cannon in the American Civil War called "Whistling Dick" and I can't calm down about it

Old 05-18-2023, 04:15 PM   #4565
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
and it can't be acoustic
if I bring a strat is there someone who can put lace sensor pickups in it?

Old 05-19-2023, 12:50 PM   #4566
Ram27
dumb

my cat died overnight last night.

she didn't deserve it. she was 10 months old

the world is a worse place

Old 05-19-2023, 01:08 PM   #4567
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

God that's terrible

Have fun at the Rainbow Bridge, kid

Old 05-19-2023, 01:37 PM   #4568
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Goddamn it, Ram, I'm really sorry to hear that. Just 10 months old, fuck.

Old 05-19-2023, 01:48 PM   #4569
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Oh no, that's terrible!!!

Old 05-19-2023, 04:17 PM   #4570
slunken
Virgo

sorry, bud

Old 05-19-2023, 04:21 PM   #4571
Disco King
Minion of Satan

My condolences, Ram.

Old 05-21-2023, 07:05 AM   #4572
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
No way, if I were there you'd never have that peace
Ha. I wish we could catch up sometime!

Old 05-21-2023, 05:09 PM   #4573
redbreegull

Ram I'm so sorry about your kitty. You're the fourth person I know this week that lost a pet unexpectedly

Old 05-21-2023, 06:29 PM   #4574
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Ha. I wish we could catch up sometime!
I absolutely need a coffee date with someone. I stg I'll go to a Starbucks and Zoom you if I don't get some adult conversation soon! I've had a wretched week and don't have any plans to see anyone until a Shavuot event next Friday. And I'm only "casual pleasant conversation" level with those people.

Old 05-22-2023, 09:13 PM   #4575
yo soy el mejor

Did that kittie just die in its sleep? that happened to our black cat Mr. Leon a couple years back. One night he was sitting in a spot unusual for him but seemed fine in every other way.

Tommy woke up to feed all the cats and Leon wasn't there with the others. He was just dead on the living room carpet. I could tell by his voice something was wrong and I was in the hall already crying and unable to walk out and realize what was happening. I was just saying 'no' over and over.

the doctors say he had a stroke. we could have paid for an autopsy but that's so expensive and he was already gone. it'd be something else if we needed to pay to find out what was wrong while he was still around. i hate that he died alone. i wrote a poem about him called 'To my friend, Mr. Leon' when it happened but it doesn't really rhyme.

Now I wanna cry about it again! blegh

Old 05-25-2023, 08:41 PM   #4576
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria
Red face

Quote:
I absolutely need a coffee date with someone. I stg I'll go to a Starbucks and Zoom you if I don't get some adult conversation soon! I've had a wretched week and don't have any plans to see anyone until a Shavuot event next Friday. And I'm only "casual pleasant conversation" level with those people.
I will do the same, even though our Starbucks is horrible. I’ve been to some really nice ones but our local one has no natural light and is just sad. Let’s do it!

My oldest kid just went to a Starbucks much closer to you! He’s on an all-expenses paid visit to a U.S. college (!! How can he be this old). Just crazy, the money your colleges have….

But I am left behind! Of course. Nobody cares about meeting me. So I will zoom you from the world’s dingiest Starbucks lol

Old 05-25-2023, 08:42 PM   #4577
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
my cat died overnight last night.

she didn't deserve it. she was 10 months old

the world is a worse place
So sorry Ram, I scrolled without reading . She was so young. Hope you are ok

Old 05-25-2023, 09:50 PM   #4578
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
I will do the same, even though our Starbucks is horrible. I’ve been to some really nice ones but our local one has no natural light and is just sad. Let’s do it!

My oldest kid just went to a Starbucks much closer to you! He’s on an all-expenses paid visit to a U.S. college (!! How can he be this old). Just crazy, the money your colleges have….

But I am left behind! Of course. Nobody cares about meeting me. So I will zoom you from the world’s dingiest Starbucks lol
Where in the US?

The colleges charge inordinate amounts of money for every single aspect of education, hence their ridiculous amounts of money

When I attended a university 15 years ago (omfg) textbooks alone could be $500+ a pop

Old 05-25-2023, 09:51 PM   #4579
ilikeplanets
Braindead

How the fuck am I this old, though

Old 05-26-2023, 03:29 AM   #4580
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Starbucks? Jesus.

Old 05-26-2023, 05:52 AM   #4581
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Where in the US?

The colleges charge inordinate amounts of money for every single aspect of education, hence their ridiculous amounts of money

When I attended a university 15 years ago (omfg) textbooks alone could be $500+ a pop
He was in California, but on his way home now…

$500 USD for one textbook is crazy. I’ve been meaning to check if textbooks are covered in the supposed all encompassing fee. Apparently we’d be eligible for financial aid (and it would be a serious discount because the NZ dollar is weak against the USD) (and because we don’t earn that much even by NZ standards)

Old 05-26-2023, 05:57 AM   #4582
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
I know this feeling. My 14 year old’s teacher asked if I was his sister, at a parent teacher interview the other night, though. So maybe I don’t look that old. I mean, I do. It was really awkward. And then to have to confirm it “no. I am his mother. I am old” was very ageing

Omg plus the other day a workmate told me he was born in 1996, and I said oh that was a good year, the smashing pumpkins came that year, and he said “I don’t know who that is”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Starbucks? Jesus.
I love Starbucks. I’m a Wellington coffee snob from way back but I’ve enjoyed a lot of Starbucks too. Pumpkin spice latte 4eva <3. But the Wellington Starbucks is very depressing

Old 05-26-2023, 08:20 AM   #4583
Cool As Ice Cream

Talking

Quote:
Omg plus the other day a workmate told me he was born in 1996, and I said oh that was a good year, the smashing pumpkins came that year, and he said “I don’t know who that is”
lololo

Old 05-26-2023, 10:38 AM   #4584
Ram27
dumb

joke's on him i have 10k posts here

Old 05-26-2023, 11:12 AM   #4585
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
I know this feeling. My 14 year old’s teacher asked if I was his sister, at a parent teacher interview the other night, though. So maybe I don’t look that old. I mean, I do. It was really awkward. And then to have to confirm it “no. I am his mother. I am old” was very ageing
Yeah, my little one's doctor asked if I had Instagram so I could look up whatever there, and I am old and do not. I've never evolved beyond Facebook and won't. And I have the deadest Facebook ever, having chased whatever likes I'd get away with incessant photos of my kids. I'm not getting an Instagram to repeat myself there for 6 likes.

Old 05-26-2023, 06:10 PM   #4586
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Even though intellectually, I know that life doesn't end at some arbitrary age and that worthwhile experiences happen at every age and that people generally get more financially and emotionally secure after their early adulthood, I still can't get myself to actually feel that way about life. It feels like I'm not looking forward to anything and missed out on a lot of those fun, carefree youthful experiences.

Intellectually, I know there is no age cutoff for backpacking across Europe and Asia for months without a plan, but it still feels like well duh I'm not going to have some magical quirky wanton adventure when I'm 42. I'm going to be complaining about property taxes and parental leave work policies with my three friends that I go to the neighbourhood sports bar with on Thursday evenings.

Old 05-26-2023, 06:17 PM   #4587
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I'm relying on the quite optimistic assumption that my generation will enjoy economic conditions as favourable as past generations did.

In reality, I will still be renting at 42.

Old 05-26-2023, 06:55 PM   #4588
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
wait till you're my age! LOL

Old 05-26-2023, 06:58 PM   #4589
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:

I have someone working for me that was born in 99. And they have an MBA!

My first divorce was in 99

Old 05-26-2023, 07:03 PM   #4590
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Even though intellectually, I know that life doesn't end at some arbitrary age and that worthwhile experiences happen at every age and that people generally get more financially and emotionally secure after their early adulthood, I still can't get myself to actually feel that way about life. It feels like I'm not looking forward to anything and missed out on a lot of those fun, carefree youthful experiences.

Intellectually, I know there is no age cutoff for backpacking across Europe and Asia for months without a plan, but it still feels like well duh I'm not going to have some magical quirky wanton adventure when I'm 42. I'm going to be complaining about property taxes and parental leave work policies with my three friends that I go to the neighbourhood sports bar with on Thursday evenings.
i'm definitely coping with 'i am a normal boring person and that's all i'll ever be and shit i'm not even doing normal and boring right' as i'm about to turn 27 in august

the stability and lack of .... care about fitting in is quite pleasant; but the feeling of lost hope / opportunity sometimes hits like a freight train

Closed Thread