Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-23-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
N0toyz4OJ
Pledge

Default Thoughts on reunion; A Plea

I have been a SP fan for 11 years now, they are truly the greatest band I have known. I am lucky enough to have seen them three times the original time around. Am I the only one who feels reluctant of this reunion? I once thought a reunion would be the greatest thing in the world, but at the same time something just doesn't feel right. I guess I am hoping it is special. I want it to feel special. Something Billy, james, and jimmy and whomever else can share, and truly believe in. A part of me feels nervous about this whole thing...is this going to be like zwan, or thefutureembrace? When those albums came out, Smashing Pumpkins faithful gawked forever on how great they were, but at the end of the day, we all defaulted back to our pisces iscariot and mcis demos for darcy #3. I hope they stick with this. Billy really needs to come through for us. We went through Zwan. We the faithful loved the future embrace, because we understand where billy is coming from in his music. But after those were released, it seemed billy just kind of faded. I hope he goes full speed and brings the sp with him, and fights the good fight, as he once said. Please Billy, if you do it, do it 100%. Do this because you want to, not because you feel you have to.

Old 01-23-2006, 11:26 PM   #2
SpeedOfPain
Demi-God

Do It For The Money!

Old 01-23-2006, 11:29 PM   #3
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

I hate you more than I thought possible. If you were to somehow save my life, I'd sieze the opportunity and stab you in the neck.

Old 01-23-2006, 11:34 PM   #4
SpeedOfPain
Demi-God

a lost soul in ghana hows the cow shit

Old 01-23-2006, 11:57 PM   #5
wpc33
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: Cheating on my wife with Kurt Cobain's wife. He'll live.

I too, have always supported Billy Corgan, IMHO
However, the reunion got me questioning his moves for the first time. I just now sit back and trust this idea, for one reason. You bet your ass that Bily has asked D'arcy and James to rejoin. Tried pretty hard I'm sure, with Jimmy's help. If they don't want to be in The Smashing Pumpkins, that's their problem. If they don't wanna make a million bucks making amazing music and wanna hang out instead, that's cool. But James' departure is what ended the band in the first place. James didn't deserve to have the ship go down with him, and Billy seems to wanna correct that mistake. Go for it.
We all want James & D'arcy in, so do BC & JC, but if they can bear to refuse, screw 'em.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:04 AM   #6
dean moriaty
lion of saloons

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy
I hate you more than I thought possible. If you were to somehow save my life, I'd sieze the opportunity and stab you in the neck.
<3.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:40 AM   #7
hereisnowhy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedOfPain
Do It For The Money!
I saw Billy in a video linked to from this very website where he said "I'm only in it for the money -- Don't give a fuck about the fans." True story.

Old 01-24-2006, 03:31 AM   #8
Junebug
Minion of Satan

just when i thought the sns couldn't POSSIBLY get worse.

and holy crap. i thought people who made posts like that were fans from the post-Machina era. you have really dissapointed me NOTOYZ4OJ HAR HAR HAR

Old 01-24-2006, 07:53 AM   #9
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

dear billy

i really wanted to reach you personally so i thought i'd post my message on a web board you're known to dislike

Old 01-24-2006, 08:22 AM   #10
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereisnowhy
he said "I'm only in it for the money -- Don't give a fuck about the fans." True story.
Man, you're digging on the star.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:07 AM   #11
Starla

I think Billy reads Netphoria with his morning latte.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #12
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0toyz4OJ
I have been a SP fan for 11 years now, they are truly the greatest band I have known. I am lucky enough to have seen them three times the original time around. Am I the only one who feels reluctant of this reunion? I once thought a reunion would be the greatest thing in the world, but at the same time something just doesn't feel right. I guess I am hoping it is special. I want it to feel special. Something Billy, james, and jimmy and whomever else can share, and truly believe in. A part of me feels nervous about this whole thing...is this going to be like zwan, or thefutureembrace? When those albums came out, Smashing Pumpkins faithful gawked forever on how great they were, but at the end of the day, we all defaulted back to our pisces iscariot and mcis demos for darcy #3. I hope they stick with this. Billy really needs to come through for us. We went through Zwan. We the faithful loved the future embrace, because we understand where billy is coming from in his music. But after those were released, it seemed billy just kind of faded. I hope he goes full speed and brings the sp with him, and fights the good fight, as he once said. Please Billy, if you do it, do it 100%. Do this because you want to, not because you feel you have to.

your selfish.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:58 AM   #13
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I saw Billy in a video linked to from this very website where he said "I'm only in it for the money -- Don't give a fuck about the fans." True story.

singing along with the frogs maybe?

Old 01-24-2006, 10:05 AM   #14
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas78
your selfish.
what about his selfish?

Old 01-24-2006, 10:11 AM   #15
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

there's nothing to feel reluctant about.

Old 01-24-2006, 10:17 AM   #16
The Jesus
Minion of Satan

Billy who???????????????????????

Old 01-24-2006, 10:17 AM   #17
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

You have to know that whatever billy creates, he destroys. So all we can do is just sit back and enjoy what he gives us. You can't sit there hope he doesn't ruin a good thing. Me, i just want to see mayonaise played live again....

Old 01-24-2006, 10:52 AM   #18
Kallil33
Amish Rake Fighter

I agree with N0toyz4OJ.
I feel reluctant, and don´t know why. I think there´s so much to talk about, among the members; so many things to solve. Actually i don’t know the reasons they broke up for. Don´t know also how Billy´s gonna make it; i´ve read about the newspaper ´I want my band back´ thing, many rumors, etc. My impression is that they need to talk a lot, personally, even is a psychologist is needed. Don´t know… Despite all expectation we create, I don´t want to see just some guys making some non-sense music. I love Pumpkins and nothing can change it. But I prefer not going to a SP show, if I can know that Billy, James, D´arcy and Jimmy can sit together, make their jokes, have some beer and fun; this is what matters to me. And this is exactly not being selfish. Not at all.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:12 AM   #19
Big_Nigger
Amish Rake Fighter

he is a fucking cracker

Old 01-24-2006, 11:37 AM   #20
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallil33
I agree with N0toyz4OJ.
I feel reluctant, and don´t know why. I think there´s so much to talk about, among the members; so many things to solve. Actually i don’t know the reasons they broke up for. Don´t know also how Billy´s gonna make it; i´ve read about the newspaper ´I want my band back´ thing, many rumors, etc. My impression is that they need to talk a lot, personally, even is a psychologist is needed. Don´t know… Despite all expectation we create, I don´t want to see just some guys making some non-sense music. I love Pumpkins and nothing can change it. But I prefer not going to a SP show, if I can know that Billy, James, D´arcy and Jimmy can sit together, make their jokes, have some beer and fun; this is what matters to me. And this is exactly not being selfish. Not at all.

what goes on in the media and what happens in their personal life are two different things. it's been over 5 years. do you need 5 more? your the cracker

Old 01-24-2006, 12:33 PM   #21
Junebug
Minion of Satan

Question just curious

Quote:
your the cracker
do you still do that just because ewe think it's funny, or are u actually that stupid?

Old 01-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #22
Kallil33
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
what goes on in the media and what happens in their personal life are two different things. it's been over 5 years. do you need 5 more? your the cracker
Yeah, we know that these r 2 differente things. That´s the point; i prefer a personal solution to their lives than a disillusionment with all media craps and fake excitement. And, actually, it´s over for more than 5 years, i guess... And i´m not sure of what u meant with Cracker; i´m no longer a programmer. (ok, not funny). And so, 5 years. There´s the legend of 2007, the Returning Year.
Even if they join back now, i still feel there´s something wrong. And Billy is making some strange marketing with his ´Surprise´ announcement, i guess.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:46 PM   #23
chris_bakewell
Apocalyptic Poster

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3 bytes) in /home/virtual/site26/fst/var/www/html/*******s/functions_showpatheticgaythread.php(640) : eval()'d code on line 183

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Old 01-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #24
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug
do you still do that just because ewe think it's funny, or are u actually that stupid?

Old 01-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #25
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Yeah, we know that these r 2 differente things. That´s the point; i prefer a personal solution to their lives than a disillusionment with all media craps and fake excitement. And, actually, it´s over for more than 5 years, i guess... And i´m not sure of what u meant with Cracker; i´m no longer a programmer. (ok, not funny). And so, 5 years. There´s the legend of 2007, the Returning Year.
Even if they join back now, i still feel there´s something wrong. And Billy is making some strange marketing with his ´Surprise´ announcement, i guess.

Like it or not, the way the band is portrayed in the media is always going to over shadow their personal lives. Things that are said will always be taken out of context. Even online confessionals and life stories never tell us all the details because if they did we wouldn't be talking about this now. Maybe we should get billy's number and call and see if the band is ok and if they are having a brew.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:45 PM   #26
hereisnowhy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
singing along with the frogs maybe?
Are you really asking me this question?

Old 01-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #27
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug
quit dissing on niggers you racist bitch

Old 01-24-2006, 08:11 PM   #28
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

and yes, it's been over five years.. that is what i said. i didn't say five, i said "over five" meaning more than five years.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:13 PM   #29
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Are you really asking me this question?

just being goofy about it.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:15 PM   #30
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

The reunion will fucking rock, you god damn retarded assholes!

Disclaimer: This post is directed at those who say a reunion would suck.