Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2023, 08:21 PM   #5761
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i am adamant about having a well-rounded meal of a protein, a starch, and a vegetable. i can't just eat a piece of chicken with broccoli or meat and potatoes. a salad with spaghetti counts as a good one--mmm, with chocolate milk. i pride myself at cooking simply easy food that only seems elaborate. make a lot and freeze it in single-serving containers!

Old 01-10-2023, 11:32 PM   #5762
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'm a huge soup fan for that reason. Plus I just love the variety and most are pretty healthy if you watch the salt.

Old 01-11-2023, 08:03 PM   #5763
ourruseoffools
Apocalyptic Poster

just because i DESPISE dairy doesnt mean i cant enjoy chocolate milk

coconut milk is the ideal base for chocolate milk because its sweet and is not sourced from a cows mucus sack

Old 01-14-2023, 03:34 AM   #5764
Ram27
dumb

i was on a bill with this band and -- this dude had the most intense billy corgan 93 vibe i've ever experienced

i mean the strat the glasses the vibe the attitude, he played these sweeping melodic leads over everything

Old 01-14-2023, 05:14 AM   #5765
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourruseoffools View Post
just because i DESPISE dairy doesnt mean i cant enjoy chocolate milk

coconut milk is the ideal base for chocolate milk because its sweet and is not sourced from a cows mucus sack
Coconut milk is good but too high in saturated fat

Old 01-17-2023, 04:11 PM   #5766
yo soy el mejor

you just can't win! i'll stick to cow's milk in moderation

Old 01-17-2023, 04:14 PM   #5767
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I'm a huge soup fan for that reason. Plus I just love the variety and most are pretty healthy if you watch the salt.
yeah man, love this kale & white bean soup with some crusty bread (opt.)
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...ian-kale-soup/

Old 01-17-2023, 06:33 PM   #5768
Ram27
dumb

lol i just tested positive for covid. in january 2023

hopefully the new hit single by the smashing pumpkins will ease my immense pain

Old 01-17-2023, 07:27 PM   #5769
ilikeplanets
Braindead

You'll do better eating soup!

Old 01-17-2023, 07:29 PM   #5770
ilikeplanets
Braindead

That sucks though. Are you feeling really terrible? I'm mildly sick, and so are both my kids. But I don't think it's Covid, it's more annoying then painful. This is at least the 5th time since school started. Ugh. Anyway, get well soon and don't fuck around if you feel truly bad.

Old 01-17-2023, 09:49 PM   #5771
yo soy el mejor

my coworker's wife just got diagnosed? today with covid. it's still happening, dude. i don't know why people stopped wearing masks so much like a bunch of assholes.

now this guy can't have donors over for DINNER! like he planned to this week

Old 01-17-2023, 09:52 PM   #5772
yo soy el mejor

no offense to moms, but there are a lot of moms (and a dad) of young children in my department at work--at least four altogether and my dept. has, like, 12 people. anyway, one kid of somebody is always sick and then their family gets sick and they bring it to work and i just can't hang.

surprisingly, i've only had covid once because (im p sure) of an old dude tommy and i met at a bar who kept howling and saying he was here for a good time, not a long time. great, yeah, thanks, michael for the covid. i never got a booster either, just that first j&j shot that was said did not require a 2nd dosage. i really hate shots, you see, so i wear a mask instead.

i bring emergen-c all the time to work and mostly wear my mask at my desk unless i am drinking tea or my emergen-c.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 01-17-2023 at 09:58 PM.

Old 01-18-2023, 12:10 AM   #5773
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
You'll do better eating soup!
ordered some pizza lol, i'm a healthy boy

Quote:
That sucks though. Are you feeling really terrible? I'm mildly sick, and so are both my kids. But I don't think it's Covid, it's more annoying then painful. This is at least the 5th time since school started. Ugh. Anyway, get well soon and don't fuck around if you feel truly bad.
thanks for asking; yeah i felt incredibly fucked on monday, everything hurt, everything felt wrong. day 2 going on day 3, kinda better physically and mentally but i have a horrible ice pick headache right on my left sinus. horrendous. i miss normal colds, hope y'all feel better

Old 01-18-2023, 12:23 AM   #5774
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I expect we'll have our turn at some point. The restrictions at school have eased completely. The quarantine period is very minimal, and that's only if there's a positive test. Students aren't required to get tested for having symptoms, though, so it's an honor system. And we know how great those are! Kids don't even have to stay home unless they have a fever or some sort of projectile coming from either end. Coughing up a lung and runny noses are totally fine to spread around, apparently. I'm losing some of my germaphobia because I don't have the energy to freak out anymore.

Old 01-19-2023, 04:25 AM   #5775
Cool As Ice Cream

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
no offense to moms, but there are a lot of moms (and a dad) of young children in my department at work--at least four altogether and my dept. has, like, 12 people. anyway, one kid of somebody is always sick and then their family gets sick and they bring it to work and i just can't hang.

surprisingly, i've only had covid once because (im p sure) of an old dude tommy and i met at a bar who kept howling and saying he was here for a good time, not a long time. great, yeah, thanks, michael for the covid. i never got a booster either, just that first j&j shot that was said did not require a 2nd dosage. i really hate shots, you see, so i wear a mask instead.

i bring emergen-c all the time to work and mostly wear my mask at my desk unless i am drinking tea or my emergen-c.
better get some boosters, yo soy.
i heard that j&j wasn't very good. that it didn't last very long. protection wore off quickly.

Old 01-19-2023, 04:33 AM   #5776
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Supposedly you'll need one yearly along with the flu shot. I've had 4 covid shots already....I hope a more universal vaccine will be possible. I don't care about needles but it's definitely inconvenient.

Old 01-19-2023, 04:44 AM   #5777
Cool As Ice Cream

i've also had 4.

with the 4th one, i was a tiny bit too early for the type that protected against a lot more omicron variants (they rolled that one out one or two weeks later), but maybe i'll get one of those the next time.

i'm not too worried anyway.
i've only had it once (that i know of), and i've had colds that were worse. this probably doesn't mean too much, but in my mind it does.

Old 01-19-2023, 04:49 AM   #5778
Cool As Ice Cream

but i guess it's maybe the same as with the flu shot? if you're young and healthy, you don't actually need it.
doesn't hurt to get them, though.

Old 01-19-2023, 06:03 AM   #5779
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I had the flu when I was young and healthy and I can still remember how terrible it was. I get a yearly flu shot FOR SURE. I never understood why everyone dismissed Covid by equating it to the flu, because that shit is awful.

Old 01-19-2023, 01:26 PM   #5780
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Dude, 100%. Flu is fucking terrible, and anyone who doesn't know that has never had the flu.

I've had 5 covid shots. High risk though. I've had COVID once (friend is a teacher and he got it from school and gave it to me, probably), about 2 months after the fourth shot and it was mostly a moderately sore throat. Two weeks later I had a cold that was worse. Before that, though, I'd had no respiratory illnesses since 2018.

I stopped masking except in closed spaces (doctor's office or any kind of waiting room, going in a small store, DMV etc) after I recovered from COVID/cold and I've been resisting going back to masking all the time but I decided yesterday I would.

Last edited by reprise85 : 01-19-2023 at 01:32 PM.

Old 01-19-2023, 02:01 PM   #5781
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I am a huge fan of masking and wish it was something all of society would do indoors, especially during virus season and on planes, but I admit I have stopped except in select places. With a kid in kindergarten, where absolutely no one in the school masks, I don't see the point.

Old 01-19-2023, 02:38 PM   #5782
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Absolutely no one in Montana masks. It was kinda shocking to me coming from a college town in the midwest where probably at least 1/3 people were still masking everywhere.

Old 01-19-2023, 02:39 PM   #5783
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
lol i just tested positive for covid. in january 2023

hopefully the new hit single by the smashing pumpkins will ease my immense pain
Hope the worst is over and that u feel better dude, im rooting for you and your 'mune system

Old 01-20-2023, 08:39 PM   #5784
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Anybody else ever have anxiety they had previously conquered come back for no reason? Obviously there's never been a point in my life where I didn't have social anxiety, but I eventually pushed myself and built up enough social skills that I could operate like a normal person and be social and not outwardly appear anxious, which also helps reduce the actual anxiety.

And now I'm back to not being able to look people in the eye and not remembering to introduce myself to new people until the mutual friend takes the liberty of introducing me for me.

This whomps, I've regressed.

Old 01-20-2023, 08:44 PM   #5785
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Feels weird to be a grown-ass man who's still afraid of shit. Like, what am I afraid of? Rejection? Getting "in trouble?" What the fuck is so scary about normal-ass stupid shit? There are wars happening that I don't even have to go to and instead I'm scared that the bus driver has judged me negatively for being too slow to take out my pass.

Old 01-20-2023, 09:55 PM   #5786
Ram27
dumb

yeah i have chronic anxiety, my ability level definitely wavers within a week or month, sometimes randomly super self conscious then sometimes super normal. my medication helps a ton, esp with establishing a better foundation to work from in terms of day to day management

i am inept in any sort of social introductions scenario because my 'turn' is always so awkward no matter what [ZERO people understand my name upon first hearing it, it's not like a fucking oh hey i'm nick sorta thing. and it's further tricky with my voice thing as well. hate it hate it hate it hate it]

Old 01-20-2023, 09:57 PM   #5787
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I'm at an art gallery opening right now that none of my friends accompanied me to. There was a time when this would make no difference to me, because I would just make conversation with the random other attendees I would encounter, even making friends with some of them. I worked up the ability to just talk to random people and shit. Why can't I bring myself to do that anymore

Old 01-20-2023, 09:59 PM   #5788
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
yeah i have chronic anxiety, my ability level definitely wavers within a week or month, sometimes randomly super self conscious then sometimes super normal. my medication helps a ton, esp with establishing a better foundation to work from in terms of day to day management

i am inept in any sort of social introductions scenario because my 'turn' is always so awkward no matter what [ZERO people understand my name upon first hearing it, it's not like a fucking oh hey i'm nick sorta thing. and it's further tricky with my voice thing as well. hate it hate it hate it hate it]
"Dan?"

"Wait, Ram? Like the car? Like the animal named after the car?"

I have a friend named "Ryden" who would just tell cab drivers and Starbucks baristas that his name is "Tyler" because it was easier than going through the name clarification bit.

Old 01-21-2023, 01:01 AM   #5789
ilikeplanets
Braindead

The past few years have not been normal for anyone, I hear a ton of people saying the same thing about being weird around people. Try not to think of it as just a "you thing" because it isn't. Socializing takes practice and that was stripped from everyone except the rednecks.

Old 01-21-2023, 06:12 PM   #5790
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Why not simply look at strangers through the camera on your phone and pretend you are FaceTiming them from the comfort of your home