Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #121
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

So that shitty ass admin closed the monte thread?

Really?

Being one of bills approved mouthpieces and sycophants doesn't make you "pumpkins related"?

Old 10-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #122
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
scotty, take your eyes out with a fork and stab yourself in the heart with a screwdriver, please. kthxbye.
QFT

Old 10-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #123
Astur
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

alright, so we're getting a good quality Speed with vocals. my interest in this band may die happy now

Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #124
D.
Consume my pants.

Hey, how about this.. we either talk about the updates or we close this thread. This is the second goddamned Monte thread on the front page.

Discussing Monte and your personal disdain or appreciation for him or his religion is not SP-related.

Sound good? Good.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #125
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
Ok well I'm done bitching now.. Rider, if you wanna crawl all up inside Monte's asshole and dig out all the shit you can find then that's surely your own business- but stories about him stealing cd's are only gonna make me assume you're more of a loser than I already do.

Dude like how do you even come up with shit this idiotic to say?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #126
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Hey, how about this.. we either talk about the updates or we close this thread. This is the second goddamned Monte thread on the front page.

Discussing Monte and your personal disdain or appreciation for him or his religion is not SP-related.

Sound good? Good.
Yes, please.

You guys give Monte way too much fucking credit and attention. Monte is free labor and marketing for Billy. Being a fucking zealot makes it all that more appealing to Billy. He would be a fucking idiot not to take advantage of that. You really think Billy rushes to answer the phone whenever the name Jonathan Monte pops up on his cell phone? Every single time I've seen or heard Billy mention Monte he makes fun of him, and he ain't fucking joking when he does it.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #127
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post

POWER TRIP!!

How about you back the fuck off and let discussion happen. Sometimes we talk about the leaks, sometimes we talk about your shit modding, and sometimes we make stupid fucking post.

Don't you think its pretty fucking ridiculous to all of a sudden start telling people to make sure all post here are "SP" related? Besides, monte is "sp" related. We make post and threads about linda strawberry, and others associated with the band and they aren't exactly "in" the band.

Monte is part of Bills outreach to his fans. He's sp related. He's fair game. As fair game as strawberry, or anyone else has ever been.

Also, that monte thread should had been moved to the gen board and not closed. Stupid idiot.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #128
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
Monte is free labor and marketing for Billy.

Yup, he is and that makes him fair game. I find it disgusting bill would allow someone with his worldview and hatred towards others to represent him. I should have the right to express that every chance I want.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #129
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty View Post
Yup, he is and that makes him fair game. I find it disgusting bill would allow someone with his worldview and hatred towards others to represent him. I should have the right to express that every chance I want.
Billy has a similar world view. He has made it clear he not a big fan of homosexuality and will freely throw insults at transgender people. To be specific though I'm not sure how he feels on the marriage issue.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #130
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty View Post
That's fair.

But I don't think Billy gives a shit about anything Monte thinks or feels about the world or his views. They don't share as similar a view as some might think they do. They're not buddies. Monte is a fucking fanatic who does things unquestionably for Billy and SP. The one time I checked his twitter and I saw the nutjob was harassing strangers on twitter for saying "mean" things abut Billy, even if they were fucking joking. Who the fuck does that? Who the fuck takes the time and searches out tweets that are not even directed to @billy and then harasses people for saying they don't like Billy or his music? Why the fuck would someone even care about that? Billy's own friends and family don't do this shit but Monte has taken it upon himself to police the internet and what people say about Billy. Sure, it's hypocritical for Billy to even be talking to this guy given his own political and social views, but Billy is known to be a fucking hypocrite.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #131
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
That's fair.

But I don't think Billy gives a shit about anything Monte thinks or feels about the world or his views. They don't share as similar a view as some might think they do. They're not buddies. Monte is a fucking fanatic who does things unquestionably for Billy and SP. The one time I checked his twitter and I saw the nutjob was harassing strangers on twitter for saying "mean" things abut Billy, even if they were fucking joking. Who the fuck does that? Who the fuck takes the time and searches out tweets that are not even directed to @billy and then harasses people for saying they don't like Billy or his music? Why the fuck would someone even care about that? Billy's own friends and family don't do this shit but Monte has taken it upon himself to police the internet and what people say about Billy. Sure, it's hypocritical for Billy to even be talking to this guy given his own political and social views, but Billy is known to be a fucking hypocrite.
Do you honestly know what Billys political and social views are? I think you would be surprised.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #132
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Billy has a similar world view. He has made it clear he not a big fan of homosexuality and will freely throw insults at transgender people. To be specific though I'm not sure how he feels on the marriage issue.
Billy does seem to have a problem with transgender people but it probably stems from the time he made out with one when he was a teenager. Billy does make dumb and tasteless homosexual jokes but he doesn't have a real problem with them. For fuck's sake, his own bassist is a lesbian.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #133
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Do you honestly know what Billys political and social views are? I think you would be surprised.
I know enough. I'm probably not as surprised as I should be. The guy grew up in a fucking trailer in the suburbs of Illinois. He's a lot more sophisticated than he should be given his white trash upbringing.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #134
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Billy does seem to have a problem with transgender people but it probably stems from the time he made out with one when he was a teenager. Billy does make dumb and tasteless homosexual jokes but he doesn't have a real problem with them. For fuck's sake, his own bassist is a lesbian.
Again do you actually know or are you assuming?

Pretty much the only thing we know about Billy the past few years is he is a religious nut, who is into a ton of conservative conspiracy theories. We also know that he publicly insulted a transgender person.

I think we would all be shocked if the guy ever really opened up. To me it sounds like you are ignoring what we know and making excuses.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #135
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I'm sick of it.
So I'm gonna grab that shit the minute EMI has it ready and post about it.
Btw, Monte wasn't the only one who got parts of it, he's just the only one making a big fuzz.

Why is this "information" so important anyway? It's not like it will be sold out that quickly that one has to decide NOW, if it's worth buying or not.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #136
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

+ on this transgender story: Billy trashed that person for being an asshole, not for being transgender.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #137
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Pretty much the only thing we know about Billy the past few years is he is a religious nut, who is into a ton of conservative conspiracy theories.
http://www.history.com/images/shows/...er-480x250.jpg

He's got his own show. Billy Corgan's Decoded.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #138
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Again do you actually know or are you assuming?

Pretty much the only thing we know about Billy the past few years is he is a religious nut, who is into a ton of conservative conspiracy theories. We also know that he publicly insulted a transgender person.

I think we would all be shocked if the guy ever really opened up. To me it sounds like you are ignoring what we know and making excuses.
Not assuming or ignoring anything. He does have some questionable stances but he also has good points as well. I've yet to meet anyone that I completely agree with politically and Billy is no different. He leans left on a lot things with a few right leanings sprinkled about. He's really not all that fucking bad. He can be ignorant and hateful at times, especially when he's pissed off, but he's not a fucking monster. He just doesn't know how to fucking filter anything.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 AM   #139
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
+ on this transgender story: Billy trashed that person for being an asshole, not for being transgender.
You can attack someone for being an asshole and not insult their orientation.

I have had plenty of fights with Eulogy on here and I've never once mentioned anything about him being gay.

Sorry there is no excuse for what he said.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #140
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Not assuming or ignoring anything. He does have some questionable stances but he also has good points as well. I've yet to meet anyone that I completely agree with politically and Billy is no different. He leans left on a lot things with a few right leanings sprinkled about. He's really not all that fucking bad. He can be ignorant and hateful at times, especially when he's pissed off, but he's not a fucking monster. He just doesn't know how to fucking filter anything.
Again do you know where he leans left? What are his left leanings?

I'm honestly asking because I have no clue.

And when it comes down to it 90% of what he says jibes with conservative views.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #141
pavementtune

Memory loss... I thought he wasn't the one who brought the transgender-thing into it.
If he did, then no, there is no excuse.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #142
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
He can be ignorant and hateful at times
Anyone can be ignorant and hateful at times, unless they're Jesus or The Buddha. Those two had a pretty good track record.

As was said in the other thread that has since been closed, and I agree with those folks, subjects who chose to follow a religion are generally going to be weak minded. Making choices which affect millions of people whom you share a country with based on that religion is generally bad practice, especially if you don't closely examine the roots of your own religion first.

The roots of Christianity, a guy hanging out and telling people to turn the other cheek, love they neighbor, pretty good stuff. Whether or not he shared a fish and a loaf of bread, truly, with the amount of people as stated in the bible: Highly questionable. In fact all of his 'miracles' are highly questionable. Each is a good sign that the religious old zealots were trying to form a story around a great figure which matched something they already prophesized may happen so they could perform a power grab on another group. How a religion based on such a seemingly great guy leads to the inquisition and other unspeakable acts, I have no idea unless again you have no one examining the roots of the religion they follow.

How Jesus was so Buddha-like rarely gets discussed. And how many people fight wars in the name of the Buddha anyway?

I'm rambling here. The thing is, if you say you follow Jesus, Muhammed, Jehovah, Buddha, Ganesh, doesn't matter to me. I just want people to take a good, informed look, from multiple angles, lenses and sources, at what the root message of their religion was to start with and choose whether or not that's something you truly agree with. If it smells like fish, it might be fish.

All that shit being said, I don't like Monte all that much. I can't stand people who use incorrect grammar and spelling. I sorta appreciate that he's giving us an idea of what's coming up, but I agree with what a lot of folks are saying. I'd like a good explanation of whether or not these are clean sourced tracks of stuff we have, or completely new sources/new material. It's really not that hard. It does look like an attention grab to me. Monte cough up the goods already.

Last edited by IWishIWasBlank : 10-09-2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Added quote.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #143
pavementtune

And I ask again: why do you need that information NOW? You don't have to buy it right now, so you can wait for the release, get your answers, decide then.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #144
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

I can easily wait. I didn't know this existed until the other day. I hadn't been on the boards in a year or more. Did I miss much? Not really.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #145
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Actually, in Bills defense, there was a recent interview posted where he basically did post he was supportive of gay marriage. His attack on devi ever was him attacking her on what he probably felt was a sensitive issue for her. Most intelligent people would have been repulse by that sort of behavior. Unless you're a fucking hypocrite like Eulogy.

Quote:
Monte is a fucking fanatic who does things unquestionably for Billy and SP.
Yes, and thats why we should be allowed to discuss him. We have before. All of a sudden some idiot wants us to start following strict discussion guidelines? WTF? I do feel you shouldn't involve his religion. Looking down on someone because of their religion is the kind of moronic behavior I expect from Eulogy.

Quote:
Sure, it's hypocritical for Billy to even be talking to this guy given his own political and social views, but Billy is known to be a fucking hypocrite.
Since monte doesn't question anything bill does, hes the perfect person to go out and spread his lies and bullshit. Bill could care how it makes him look. He claims to ignores it anyway and knows those who still pay for his music don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Not true. While devi ever did not handle the situation in the right way, bill did attack her for being transgendered. It came off that way. He then deleted the tweets, didn't apologize for the remarks, and sued her. If I'm wrong in those details, I'm sure someone will say so.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:18 AM   #146
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Again do you know where he leans left? What are his left leanings?

I'm honestly asking because I have no clue.

And when it comes down to it 90% of what he says jibes with conservative views.
I'm way too fucking tired to make a list but he's nowhere near 90% conservative views. If anything, he's more of a left-leaning conservative. He's quite liberal when it comes to social political views. From the things I've heard Billy say I'd even argue that he's more of a libertarian than anything else.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #147
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
From the things I've heard Billy say I'd even argue that he's more of a libertarian than anything else.
i had been wondering why he was a fan of the ticketmaster / livenation merger

Old 10-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #148
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

You think he still is after his fallout with Irving Azoff? Billy's an opportunist. Azoff was managing Billy at the time when he was supporting the merger.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #149
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
I'm way too fucking tired to make a list but he's nowhere near 90% conservative views. If anything, he's more of a left-leaning conservative. He's quite liberal when it comes to social political views. From the things I've heard Billy say I'd even argue that he's more of a libertarian than anything else.
Someone who is liberal in social politics would never use the term "he-she".

Old 10-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #150
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

did he actually use that term? i think it was someone on the board who did and it's just gotten confused together...?

dont get me wrong, he said enough of her being a delusional construct and "if you still have enough balls" and pig and whatever, but just wondering