Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-13-2022, 11:36 AM   #91
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Prob a good thing if tip number one is turn the bastard vocals down
But...Rick Rubin? Hello?

Old 04-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #92
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Hahahaha

Old 04-13-2022, 11:49 AM   #93
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

by this point I feel like the best chance for an actual (& satisfying, really) Machine reissue would be if Corgan were conveniently confiscated for a few months & the other folks involved could just take over free of whatever bias he's been imparting on the music over the past few years - he admittedly did a pretty good job with the first round of reissues but this shit's getting kinda crazy by this point

really everything revolving around Machina has always had an air of authorial overcorrection or something, at least since the first breakup, but at least pre-reissue it seemed like more of a secondary thing & not something that would actually delay a re-presentation of the album(s) by a decade

this isn't the only artist I'd say this about, either. Dickie Ashcroft kept some of the Verve's best music from coming out after they broke up, but at least in that case it was leaked upon the sweet, sweet black market

Old 04-13-2022, 02:02 PM   #94
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Hell, even the tea house, in his case, might be something money-motivated. While other rich people might have their fun side-endeavours, Corgan strikes me as the kind of guy who does everything instrumentally instead of just because. He probably had illusions of that being a money-maker, too.
I know we're talking about the Father of Hubris here, but it's almost tough for me to imagine him hearing the razor-thin profit margins he'd be likely to get on even the most wildly successful restaurant and thinking, "Guess I'm built different"

Dude could own like eight Wahlburger franchises in the Chicago area by now but no, he's gotta sell his fuckin' tea even if it means holding a constant garage sale in the back

Old 04-13-2022, 02:21 PM   #95
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Last time Google Maps cared to update Lulu's street in Highland Park: 2019.

Not exactly the Magnificent Mile.

Vanity project all along.

Old 04-13-2022, 05:00 PM   #96
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Has anyone frequented the new Zuzu's? Is it actually busy at regular times? It looks the size of an aircraft hanger from pictures, the rent must be crazy as the area looks pretty nice

Old 04-13-2022, 05:47 PM   #97
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah I go every morning and leave an upper decker

Old 04-14-2022, 04:30 AM   #98
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

It doesn't even look like a nice place. Tea shops should be small and intimate, with cosy corners you can relax in on couches and cushioned chairs. Going from the images on Google maps, it looks more like a high school cafeteria.

Old 04-14-2022, 08:10 AM   #99
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Pope View Post
Yeah I go every morning and leave an upper decker

Lol....rofl.....loooooooollllll

Old 04-14-2022, 08:12 AM   #100
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Bill has no idea about how to lead a restaurant...or a teashop...

Thought he had seen enough in europe and how they do it... But olbolly knows better for sure

Old 04-14-2022, 08:33 AM   #101
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

When Billy wanders onto the floor and starts plink plonking on his piano, does he also force everyone drinking tea to buy a VIP ticket?

Old 04-14-2022, 08:34 AM   #102
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Also with this much room, he could re-install the Moogs.

Old 04-14-2022, 10:45 AM   #103
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

it's times like these some of you let your hatred/resentment of WPC take hold & fire away at any & everything he's involved in - the tea shop looks fine, & of course a Patrick Corg establishment would be more "grandiose" than your average version of that thing

i haven't been to Chicago since I was 11 but I'd definitely at least like to stop in out of interest, food doesn't look bad though i did chuckle at "tuna" being in quotes

Old 04-14-2022, 11:59 AM   #104
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Why don’t you enJoey their wide range of culinary treats ready to be shipped everywhere? All the true fans are doing it.

VEGAN GRANDMA JOJO’S MEATBALL SUB KIT - 4 PACK
From Madame ZuZu's Emporium
$89.95!

Old 04-14-2022, 01:53 PM   #105
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

I have no issues at all with Zuzus, and wish him and Chloe all the luck there. Keeping a restaurant afloat is a tall enough task as-is.

I'm more bothered by his wrestling shit, which thankfully he's been much better about keeping separate from SP. It's still annoying to have to see that garbage tainted into his WPC feeds. Billy and whatever clowns he surrounds himself on his social media team don't understand how algorithms work on the platforms whenver he cries "I'm being shadowbanned" or "Instagram isn't sending notifications when I go live." They're not realizing (or accepting) that most fans don't care about or engage with his NWA shit, so he's just burying himself deeper into the depths of invisibility on those platforms.

Old 04-14-2022, 02:08 PM   #106
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
Why don’t you enJoey their wide range of culinary treats ready to be shipped everywhere? All the true fans are doing it.

VEGAN GRANDMA JOJO’S MEATBALL SUB KIT - 4 PACK
From Madame ZuZu's Emporium
$89.95!
hey pal

I said I'd drop in & give it the "once over," not join Sad Machines

Old 04-14-2022, 02:44 PM   #107
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

The tea shop would be cooler if he did shows for $5 and didn’t try to unload massive amounts of merchandise through them

Old 04-14-2022, 02:47 PM   #108
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Hell, if it doesn’t make money, do something like turn it into a nonprofit where adults with disabilities can work.

It just feels cheap to have a tea shop trying to sell $250 25 year old photos of Bolly ($700 if autographed)

Old 04-14-2022, 04:35 PM   #109
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
it's times like these some of you let your hatred/resentment of WPC take hold & fire away at any & everything he's involved in - the tea shop looks fine, & of course a Patrick Corg establishment would be more "grandiose" than your average version of that thing
Reminds me of some of the cooler retail spaces I've been to that sell art and candles and weird little New-Agey bullshit ephemera; I agree, I think it looks pretty nice

He says he wants it to be reminiscent of a 1930s tea salon (of course it's gotta be old-timey), and imo it does not, but those places were grandiose, so at least he's got the size of the space right

I get the impression all the photos I'm seeing are from when the new location first opened, so I don't know if they've filled it up more with a performance space and other stuff

Old 04-14-2022, 05:51 PM   #110
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

To me it felt very 1969

Old 04-14-2022, 07:47 PM   #111
T&T
Socialphobic

shake down 1969

Old 04-14-2022, 11:37 PM   #112
Ram27
dumb

cool kids never 69

Old 04-15-2022, 06:18 PM   #113
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

the driiiiiiinks ain't eeeevvvvven cheeeeap
but buy some fuckin' tea

Old 04-16-2022, 10:16 PM   #114
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Wouldn’t it be great if billy just stopped releasing music and giving interviews and basically disappeared for like ten years?

Old 04-17-2022, 01:01 AM   #115
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Nah, i would miss consonants, spitting around on stage and the vibrato, wouldnt u?

Old 04-17-2022, 09:46 AM   #116
T&T
Socialphobic

we'd all be like "oligaga and oligagag2 were the best albums ever. wish he'd put out more stuff"

NOT.

Old 04-17-2022, 03:20 PM   #117
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
Wouldn’t it be great if billy just stopped releasing music and giving interviews and basically disappeared for like ten years?
Yes and I nominate the years 2005-2015.

Old 04-21-2022, 04:17 PM   #118
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Too bad fuckers, Shred-head sez the new album's done

Old 04-21-2022, 06:00 PM   #119
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
The follow-up to CYR is coming
oh boy

Old 04-21-2022, 11:47 PM   #120
Big Truck05
Apocalyptic Poster

For Schroeder, a major Smashing Pumpkins tour is on the way- plus new music. If you’re wondering if the band finished that massive album they’ve been working on, the answer is “yes.” The band’s next album will be the third part in a trilogy after and 1995’s “Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness” and 2000’s “Machina / The Machine of God.”

“This is our first extended tour in such a long time, so (we’re) really excited about that,” Schroeder says. “I’ve been working on the set at home, and there are going to be a lot of good surprises for the fans out there for that. I think the approach to this tour is- we’re calling it Rock Invasion 2, which I can’t remember when the first one was, somewhere in the early-’90s. It’s going to be, basically, I think our reaction is very similar to yours, Anne, like, ‘Where are the guitars? Come to our show, and you’ll find the guitars!’ We’re going to be rocking hard.”

Schroeder adds, “I can’t say too much, but we’re going to have some pretty exciting announcements at some point during the tour, as well, pertaining to the rest of the year, so it’s a really exciting time for us. I’m just excited to be doing what I do, which is play guitar and perform.”

When asked if the Smashing Pumpkins have new music on the way, Schroeder replies, “Yeah, we do. So, that’s why I said I think there will be some announcements soon in regards to things like that and stuff. Nothing I can give details on quite yet, but yeah, we finished that big, epic album we were working on.”

https://audioinkradio.com/2022/04/sm...arz-interview/