Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2021, 05:51 PM   #811
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

So I have a new PC
I decided to play dragon age again, now with mods and maximum quality
It's great! The giants are so much more scary with high textures

and the witcher 3 was on sale so I grabbed it and started playing, but I think I shouldn't have started it after Dragon Age, because, although the game is great, the characters uh.... I know they are good enough and the writters are trying really hard, but in the end, that meme "video games appeal to male fantasy" just pops in my mind all the time... but it's a great game overall,

I like the quest inside a quest inside a quest structure they go for. It's not what I was expecting when people said "The quests are al related to the main story, you don't have fetch quests", well... not really, but It's still nice...

Old 05-29-2021, 07:52 PM   #812
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

this game is so good

Old Today, 02:42 AM   #813
Run To Me
Minion of Satan

Location: Th Word o th Lord 2 His Church stablished n deez th latter days as spake by mouths o His Prophets even Mt Zion who shall b th city o New Jeruslem + shall b built again @ th temple lot appointed by Fingr o th Lord in western boundaries of the State of

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
So I have a new PC

and the witcher 3 was on sale so I grabbed it and started playing, but I think I shouldn't have started it after Dragon Age, because, although the game is great, the characters uh.... I know they are good enough and the writters are trying really hard, but in the end, that meme "video games appeal to male fantasy" just pops in my mind all the time... but it's a great game overall,

I like the quest inside a quest inside a quest structure they go for. It's not what I was expecting when people said "The quests are al related to the main story, you don't have fetch quests", well... not really, but It's still nice...
Your take on W3 is similar to mine, i felt like i had to fight against the developers steering me toward more boneheaded sorta like numbskull macho male fantasies when i tried to roleplay geralt. a lot of it had to do with his voice, it's very christian bale "batman"

But then i got into the lore of it and started to see geralt as a terrible misunderstood mutant and i realized i could play it in a differnt way then got caught up in 1) the sunsets, 2) the freedom of travel/sequence in velen, 3) the fun and weird and customizable combat/stat progression, 4) the music

And so it's one of my all time faves now probably, spent around 100 hrs and still havent cleared velen!

Old Today, 02:57 AM   #814
Run To Me
Minion of Satan

Location: Th Word o th Lord 2 His Church stablished n deez th latter days as spake by mouths o His Prophets even Mt Zion who shall b th city o New Jeruslem + shall b built again @ th temple lot appointed by Fingr o th Lord in western boundaries of the State of

In fact i would put W3 up there with Link to the Past, fallout 3, Earthbound, Skyrim, FFVI, and others as a game i will always, always return to, if just to bask in the atmosphere. They created a world

Old Today, 02:10 PM   #815
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:

this game is so good
NINTENDO DID IT

Old Today, 07:23 PM   #816
Rairun
Ownz

Quote:
So I have a new PC

Yeah, I got it on sale last year, played the intro/tutorial, and all I could think was, "This is is the straightest shit I've ever played" lol. I haven't written it off completely, but never really felt like playing again. Graphics are pretty though.