Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #301
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Does someone want to own up to being behind the Axl Rose account here

Because that was one of my favorite things in the world

Anyway fuck you Cherubdaydream and goodbye again

Old 04-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #302
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
i discovered 'em in 7th or 8th grade. i mean, i was aware of them before. but didn't dive in until then. you're not too late to the party.

ignore everything after the good half of the future embrace though.
there was a good half?

Old 04-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #303
D.
Consume my pants.

Man that Axl troll was great.

Also the christjesus one was brilliant.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #304
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Starla, as I said, he was an angry guy in 2000. Funny thing is, the audience took it kindly. If you were somewhere on the gallery, his taking a run to spit in the crowd, wearing a white dress, must have looked hilarious. After all, nobody there thought to get a chance to hear these songs live again, and this "fuck you" attitude was rather beloved.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #305
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
I don't think he has given two shits about his fans since the break up in 2000. He started acting passive aggressive, and it's been that way since.
i'm still puzzled as to billy's attitude towards his fans. he blamed us for Adore's failure and it's now the older fans negativity towards the new material that he seems to fixate on. no idea where he's coming from. he definitely has a love-hate (more hate than love lol) thing going on towards us though.

Quote:
The kazoo shows were some of the most hateful displays toward fans, imo. That's what turned me off from bothering to go see them when I had a chance. I'll probably never go again..
the kazoo shows? where they the anniversary shows with the fake fan-baiting episodes and the awful WOCOAN? billy playing the "heel" or whatever that was supposed to be about. that was painful stuff. i haven't decided yet whether to see them in July on the UK leg of the tour. the venue was sold out when i attempted to buy tickets a week or so after they were released. since then i have started a relationship and so have other priorities.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #306
Starla

The kazoo, his little rants in between the chorus... prime example of what turned me off to whatever he has become.

Is it any surprise that he would support someone as hateful as Monte too?

Old 04-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #307
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Starla, as I said, he was an angry guy in 2000. Funny thing is, the audience took it kindly. If you were somewhere on the gallery, his taking a run to spit in the crowd, wearing a white dress, must have looked hilarious. After all, nobody there thought to get a chance to hear these songs live again, and this "fuck you" attitude was rather beloved.
I think he's always had anger, but it wasn't turned on the fans until the band was breaking up. I don't know, I have psychoanalyzed this crap far too long.

The younger fans who came into the picture during the Zwan era or later, didn't get to experience what sp was at one time. They think that this incarnation of the band is great and it's nauseating to see them defend it.

D. You didn't miss much. Honestly. I didn't enjoy that concert much. The life had been sucked right out of the band. The connection was lost. I have to wonder if he only gave his best to that metro show. I don't know what others experienced at other shows that year. At the KC concert, all of the songs were played too fast and he was ripping through each of them as if he couldn't wait to get off stage. Like... he just didn't give a shit. It was empty.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #308
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
The kazoo, his little rants in between the chorus... prime example of what turned me off to whatever he has become.

...what the fucking hell.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #309
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:

Huh? Is this sort of reasoning called feminism or reverse sexism?
i dunno, it's certainly dumb

it's also completely untrue depending on whatever the fuck "national act" means

Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #310
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Ah, that's it. That awful song, for some reason it'd morphed into We Only Come Out at Night in my brain. Weird that!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #311
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
I think he's always had anger, but it wasn't turned on the fans until the band was breaking up. I don't know, I have psychoanalyzed this crap far too long.

The younger fans who came into the picture during the Zwan era or later, didn't get to experience what sp was at one time. They think that this incarnation of the band is great and it's nauseating to see them defend it.

D. You didn't miss much. Honestly. I didn't enjoy that concert much. The life had been sucked right out of the band. The connection was lost. I have to wonder if he only gave his best to that metro show. I don't know what others experienced at other shows that year. At the KC concert, all of the songs were played too fast and he was ripping through each of them as
if he couldn't wait to get off stage. Like... he just didn't give a shit. It ws empty.

I have good memories of 2000 gigs as well. Like this show, a month after his spitting tantrum:

Old 04-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #312
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
...what the fucking hell.
I think that was one of his low points. That and the Chris Isaak show.

My suggestion to new fans... go back in time and hang out in that catalog. Then, find a way to accept crazy old billy as he is now. idk. : )

Oceania was not so horrible... but Z is unbearable for me.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #313
Starla

This is really nice pave, thanks.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #314
Ram27
dumb

Is there video of the spitting?

Old 04-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #315
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
My suggestion to new fans... go back in time and hang out in that catalog. Then, find a way to accept crazy old billy as he is now. idk. : )
I think the worst/weirdest thing about being a new fan is that I just don't....I really wouldn't give a fuck if they were going to play near me, or that they're recording new stuff. I've never felt that with any other band.

And that's part of the reason why I hate Mike so much. He's bloody ruining being a fan for me.

I guess I need to work harder to separate the two/three eras.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #316
Trotskilicious
Banned

i don't give a fuck if they play near me and they have many, many times

Old 04-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #317
Trotskilicious
Banned

i go back to the halcyon days of teenage angst when bullet with butterfly wings came on the radio and spoke to my adolescent anguish

Old 04-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #318
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Those 2008 shows are cringe inducing. It's amazing people still wonder why Jimmy left the band. He looks like he cannot wait to get as far away from this band as he can on those "Everything is Beautiful" performances.

On another note, I actually found this Chris Issak show to be one of the few redeeming relics of this era. Yes Billy went on his typical rants (the old band members have screwed him over, he is the only one who REALLY cared about Smashing Pumpkins, the fans have turned on him, the band is only moving into the future, the media accuses him of being a control freak dictator) but at least he seemed open to explaining his side of the story instead of just being hostile.

A perfect example is when he tells the story about seeing James on the street in 2001. As much as Billy says horrible things about James, it's very clear from that moment that he still, somewhere, regrets the way things ended with James.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #319
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

"@pirate_billy: I appreciate this scallywag's courage
http://t.co/uVZtntkqCL"

Count down till Monte says he appreciates Nicole's courage

Old 05-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #320
Zerospaced
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Your lucky you get nice e-mails. I never got nothing but grief from running The Hub for the short time I was a mod there and for the short time I ran the server. People bitching at me and threats from Billys minions.

One cool thing, there probably would be no Sharing The Groove without the community here. All the technical work on that site was done 100% by Netphorian traders.

I'm just saying if you are going to go ahead and vent, just don't mention anyone in the band you might have a close connection to.

You mean the Traders Den? I made that crappy logo they still use

Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #321
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Is there video of the spitting?
13 years later... at Beale Street Music Festival last night:

Quote:
Billy Corgan is a badass. Yeah he's wearing a scarf but he spit at the audience like seven times.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #322
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i doubt he spit at the audience last night. He probably spit on the stage to clear his throat or whatever. not uncommon for someone singing lead vocals.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #323
pavementtune

Posted in the tour forum, apparently happened at the Dallas gig yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
I was at this show as well and front row center right under Corgan. The very first thing he did to start the show was spit on me, I can honestly say I wasn’t expecting that. Billy spit several times, once right on Nicole’s pedal board.
I see many singers spit on stage, Scotty, they just manage to neither hit the audience nor the equipment.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:17 AM   #324
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

lol

Old 05-16-2013, 04:08 AM   #325
Shallowed
Braindead

spittoons are in order.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #326
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

what an asshole

Old 05-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #327
vajohna
Ownz

Quote:
Posted in the tour forum, apparently happened at the Dallas gig yesterday:

I see many singers spit on stage, Scotty, they just manage to neither hit the audience nor the equipment.
What a doucher.