Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2024, 02:50 AM   #331
Toast
Apocalyptic Poster

Remember when Syria was torturing and slaughtering Palestinians, and virtue-signalling American lunatics were setting themselves on fire in protest?

3,196 Syrian Palestinians Were Killed by Syrian Regime Forces, including 491 Due to Torture, Between March 2011 and July 2020

Quote:
The Syrian Network for Human Rights (SNHR) reveals in its latest report released today that at least 3,196 Syrian Palestinians were killed by Syrian Regime forces, including 491 due to torture, with 49 of those detained appearing in the ‘Caesar’ photos, between March 2011 and July 2020, noting that at least 2,663 Syrian Palestinians are still detained or forcibly disappeared by the Syrian regime.
Yeah, I don't remember that either.

Old 02-27-2024, 11:03 AM   #332
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Remember when Syria was torturing and slaughtering Palestinians, and virtue-signalling American lunatics were setting themselves on fire in protest?

3,196 Syrian Palestinians Were Killed by Syrian Regime Forces, including 491 Due to Torture, Between March 2011 and July 2020

Yeah, I don't remember that either.
Do you ever feel like you’re pissing into an empty hallway?

Old 02-27-2024, 01:39 PM   #333
Toast
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah, I know you're a hypocrite p.o.s. who couldn't care less.

Old 02-27-2024, 02:21 PM   #334
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Yeah, I know you're a hypocrite p.o.s. who couldn't care less.
ha. if you think so, you really know nothing about my political views

Old 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM   #335
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
i heard a US academic expert on international war crime law or whatever on the quillete podcast and he said:

1. there is a strict legal definition of genocide that israel's actions do not meet because the civilian deaths are "collateral damage." to count as genocide, they need to be exclusively targeting civilians, not just killing them in addition to combatants.
I wonder where the line is officially then. if you kill a million civilians and one combatant, you're off the hook?

Old 02-28-2024, 04:52 PM   #336
Disco King
Minion of Satan

When it comes to war crimes, it's not so much how many civilians are killed, but whether you took any precautions to at least try to minimize civilian casualties rather than just feeling free to bomb anyone unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity of a combatant.

Even if the other side is committing a war crime, like purposely putting military bases in civilian-populated areas like schools, that doesn't relieve their adversary of the responsibility to at least try to do what they can to minimize civilian deaths.

This is just for war crimes generally. I don't know about "genocide," specifically. I think with genocide, intent is important.

Old 02-28-2024, 06:20 PM   #337
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

well when it comes to that

all kinds of people from the current Israeli government have said how intent they were on eradicating Gaza and its civilians

Netanyahu had a plan to "thin" the Gazan population to a minimum, there's this other guy praising how beautiful Gaza looks now that it's been bombed and flattened, the defense minister with the human animals thing, someone else literally calling for Gaza to flattened and empty "just like auschwitz", and then there is this Amichai Eliyahu pointing out the option of nuking Gaza since there are "no innocent civilians there"

these people are currently in power and this is what they say they want

is intent really so hard to prove?

Old 02-29-2024, 02:11 PM   #338
Disco King
Minion of Satan

That does sound pretty genocidal tbh

Old 02-29-2024, 08:19 PM   #339
ovary
Ownz

i definitely realize that as a random dumb american i can have no idea what is really going on because my info sources are so limited, but yeah it does sound pretty genocidal tbh

Old 03-01-2024, 12:16 PM   #340
TuralyonW3
Immortal

100 Palestinians were gunned down yesterday just trying to get food from a truck to feed their kids. Israeli forces say there were “rushing” the truck so of course the only solution was to murder them.

Old 03-02-2024, 12:24 PM   #341
TuralyonW3
Immortal

And speaking of "100," avg. 100 Palestinian children have died every day since the war started

700,000 or so kids are displaced and struggling to eat every day

Old 03-02-2024, 01:12 PM   #342
ovary
Ownz

also remember that big nytimes expose about the mass rapes of oct 7? the one that every major media outlet gave three days of breathless airtime? turns out that was all made up bullshit.

https://theintercept.com/2024/02/28/...rtz-october-7/