Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-09-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Default The OFFICIAL sleeper v. Corganist thread (THE THREAD TO END ALL THREADS!)

Why don't you two flirt in this thread because I'm sick of scrolling through your long winded B.S.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
sleeper
Minion of Satan

smoke a dick, trotsky. i know you mean it half in jest, but i really hate this attitude. even on the general chat, this hostility towards serious discussion -- or just simply long discussion, whatever its merits -- is idiotic and sad, and this is doubly true in the context of the politics board, which is supposed to be a refuge for exactly this shit

then again, i can hardly think of another person here who will actually engage in this. deviousj also will, when goaded, but thats pretty much it. you should be treating us like an endangered species, not persecuting us you swine

Old 11-09-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
christian zombie vampires
Apocalyptic Poster

maybe this thread started for the wrong reasons but it would be cool to see you two have an 93 page showdown where at the end, after months of mental breakdowns, one of you changes the other one's core values and beliefs completely around

Old 11-09-2006, 08:45 PM   #4
sleeper
Minion of Satan

to be fair, i think i at least diluted a little bit his support for guns. i dont know if ive done anything else, if all of this effort has actually had any consequence. i dont think hes really convinced me of anything, now that i think of it. maybe im just not remembering, because this doesnt seem right

but i do kind of fantasize about this a lot and it does indeed motivate me. i dont mean only in connection with corganist, and i dont mean in trying to change someones beliefs to your own, but in the prospects of increasing ones understanding of things through discussion and actually collectively coming closer to the truth. its not at all an unrealistic goal. if both parties have an honest, good faith interest in, not debating for the fun of it, but actually working to acquire the truth of the matter, discussion can be very, very productive

Old 11-09-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
sleeper
Minion of Satan

can you imagine, after such a thread, me being a hardcore, militant republican? running around the politics forum, extolling the virtues of tax cuts and whatever? that would have one huge benefit, which is that id have a lot of targets. right now i can only bicker with other people on specifics, laugh at nimrods appalling stupidity, or talk to corganist. this place would be much more exciting if i was conservative

Old 11-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #6
Trotskilicious
Banned

I was just hoping that you guys would learn how to say stuff in fewer sentences.

You tend to make paragraphs reiterating the same point over and over again like you're trying to fill up space in your blue book.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #7
zbeast78
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper
smoke a dick, trotsky. i know you mean it half in jest, but i really hate this attitude. even on the general chat, this hostility towards serious discussion -- or just simply long discussion, whatever its merits -- is idiotic and sad, and this is doubly true in the context of the politics board, which is supposed to be a refuge for exactly this shit

then again, i can hardly think of another person here who will actually engage in this. deviousj also will, when goaded, but thats pretty much it. you should be treating us like an endangered species, not persecuting us you swine
you take yourself too seriously. this thread was just a light hearted joke pointed at the long-winded posts... no reason to take it as a personal attack

Old 11-10-2006, 05:32 PM   #8
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbeast78
you take yourself too seriously. this thread was just a light hearted joke pointed at the long-winded posts... no reason to take it as a personal attack
wtf? i knew it was partly a joke but that there was still some truth to his saying it and i was addressing that attitude in general. there is this hostility to anything serious, that does exist, and i was criticizing that in the abstract. hes expressed similar things in the past with more obvious sincerity so i know he isnt being totally irreverent about it

Old 11-10-2006, 05:34 PM   #9
redbull
Immortal

hey wait isnt zbeast78 really stupid

Old 11-10-2006, 10:38 PM   #10
alisonmonster
Minion of Satan

yes

Old 11-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #11
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
hostility to anything serious, that does exist, and i was criticizing that in the abstract.
There isn't a hostility to anything serious. I've made several serious posts on this board in the past week. I just don't see the point of writing 10,000 word debates with Corganist when I recognize that you have a passion for writing and you should be applying it instead of wasting time on this board flirting with Corganist.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #12
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious
There isn't a hostility to anything serious. I've made several serious posts on this board in the past week. I just don't see the point of writing 10,000 word debates with Corganist when I recognize that you have a passion for writing and you should be applying it instead of wasting time on this board flirting with Corganist.
its not about writing, its about discussion

i like talking to corganist

there is a hostility to seriousness. have you seen what happens to some thread on the general chat that ends up becoming a serious discussion? it gets 1 star and people drop by incessently to tell everyone how faggy they are

Old 11-10-2006, 11:01 PM   #13
Trotskilicious
Banned

Link me to some examples, and they probably dropped because you bored everyone to death. You're boring sleeper. It's not about seriousness. Your posts are boring.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:11 PM   #14
sleeper
Minion of Satan

i wasnt even talking about posts with me, but its just something ive noticed in general

i might not be super exciting or fun, but im not boring. i just like to talk about things on the level of ideas, im not here to entertain

Old 11-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #15
Mayfuck
Banned

do you post on other boards sleeper? sometimes when i read your posts i feel sorry for you. you seem enthusiastic about sharing ideas but netphoria is not the place for it. you have troglodytes like mr rhino complaining your posts are too long and challenging for him. surely you post on other boards

Old 11-10-2006, 11:38 PM   #16
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck
you seem enthusiastic about sharing ideas but netphoria is not the place for it. you have troglodytes like mr rhino complaining your posts are too long and challenging for him.
this is true i think. i am sincerely, truthfully enthusiastic about ideas and sharing them but trying to make that fly here is like fitting a square peg into a round hole, and i cant act like i dont know that. remember my "lets learn together thread"? 99% of the posts in that thread were mine and nobody read it. they didnt read it for a lot of reasons, yes, but the point stands that im generally wasting my time here and what im trying to do im doing in vain

no i dont post on any other boards. i have pen pals who i discuss stuff with in long letters and have been doing that for years, and i have a large running conversation going with deviousj and killer tomato through email, but they dont really ever reply. i dont know how to find good boards and when i do come across some they all seem way too cheesy

Old 11-10-2006, 11:41 PM   #17
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
i have pen pals who i discuss stuff with in long letters and have been doing that for years, and i have a large running conversation going with deviousj and killer tomato through email, but they dont really ever reply.
this guy calls other people losers, folks

Old 11-10-2006, 11:46 PM   #18
sleeper
Minion of Satan

who do i call a "loser"? the only thing that comes to mind is that i call myself a loser a lot, which is valid. i make no bones about this, im a dud by almost any social measure

Old 11-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #19
Ever
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I was just hoping that you guys would learn how to say stuff in fewer sentences.

You tend to make paragraphs reiterating the same point over and over again like you're trying to fill up space in your blue book.
Someone once said that sleeper makes such long posts because he is trying not to loose any of his thoughts. I kinda like him for this. I mean by asking him to write less you're asking him to loose some of his meaning.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:26 AM   #20
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever
Someone once said that sleeper makes such long posts because he is trying not to loose any of his thoughts. I kinda like him for this. I mean by asking him to write less you're asking him to loose some of his meaning.
of course. i mean im not writing long for the sake of writing long. call it tactless or whatever but i do kind of see it as necessary and right

Old 11-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #21
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck
you have troglodytes like mr rhino complaining your posts are too long and challenging for him.
LOL

Old 11-11-2006, 12:44 AM   #22
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Quote:
LOL
mayfuck will be hosting the class "sleeper: an introduction" this week. its clear that this would benefit you, i suggest you take it

if youll excuse me im trying to finish this weeks new yorker

ah! this cartoon is divine

Old 11-11-2006, 12:46 AM   #23
Trotskilicious
Banned

Am I the only one around here that thinks this guy is a tool? It sure feels like it.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:48 AM   #24
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
LOL

I'm skeptical that this is a true, all caps "LOL" response Trotsky. Are you merely playing with web convention as a means to illustrate amused disdain for Julios jab? Would an all caps LOQ be more appropriate?

Old 11-11-2006, 01:18 AM   #25
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Am I the only one around here that thinks this guy is a tool? It sure feels like it.
yeah yeah, go ride some more ducks you freak

Old 11-11-2006, 01:44 AM   #26
gurr8
Ownz

The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-11-2006, 03:39 AM   #27
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

So he composes long posts. Big fucking deal. Either don't read it at all, or skim through to get a general impression. How hard is that?

Old 11-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #28
Trotskilicious
Banned

It's VERY hard.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #29
Despite
Demi-God

I wish I could write as well as Sleeper, I have been browsing the politics boards for some time and he seems to be one of the only people on here who talks any sense. Most of the issues raised on this board simply can't be answered with witty one sentence answers