Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-30-2020, 12:15 AM   #151
LaBelle
Socialphobic

But there's aliens among us.
Even innocently posting shit on this very forum.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:46 AM   #152
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I mean your dad shit on my post

Old 04-30-2020, 07:54 AM   #153
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post

Old 04-30-2020, 08:34 AM   #154
FoolofaTook

Old 04-30-2020, 08:56 AM   #155
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Have we as a forum gotten any closer to understanding this thing itt, or is it just shitposting
Topleycat says it’s the chinese or whoever

One thing we can all agree on: we love science and therefore it cannot under any circumstance be aliens because that is fantastically unlikely

Even tho Breegs own parents saw an alien ship once

Old 04-30-2020, 09:21 AM   #156
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Aliens can come, we have jeff goldblum

Old 04-30-2020, 09:21 AM   #157
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

The Chinese government has summoned and is controlling flying demons, that's correct

I still like you, man, I do, and I was fascinated by this stuff as a youth but came to view it as a bit silly or discredited, thus my stunned reaction

You mentioned a bureaucratic cover-up/attempt to make everyone think the idea is ridiculous — what do you think the goal of that is? Is every government in the world collaborating on this? How does the US Navy releasing these videos in this way gel with that goal?

Wait, is Trump gonna announce "Aliens are real, and they're trying to get Biden elected"?

Old 04-30-2020, 09:38 AM   #158
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
The Chinese government has summoned and is controlling flying demons, that's correct

I still like you, man, I do, and I was fascinated by this stuff as a youth but came to view it as a bit silly or discredited, thus my stunned reaction

You mentioned a bureaucratic cover-up/attempt to make everyone think the idea is ridiculous — what do you think the goal of that is? Is every government in the world collaborating on this? How does the US Navy releasing these videos in this way gel with that goal?

Wait, is Trump gonna announce "Aliens are real, and they're trying to get Biden elected"?
Not talking global conspiracies here, or Eisenhower’s treaty with the tall whites, or underground bases full of reptilians, even

Talking US government, specifically. Project Grudge is public record. From the very beginning, with few lapses in transparency (such as the recent statement from the Pentagon) the US government has taken the position that UFO sightings must be either explained, or the witnesses/researchers discredited and maligned as hallucinating loons with tinfoil hats. The objective is obvious. If the general public learned today, unequivocally, how naked and vulnerable we are from whatever it is up there that’s doing this amazing inexplicable stuff on a regular basis, there would be panic. To the extent folks would tend to blame it on interstellar travelers, you would also risk a breakdown in the terrestrial hierarchy: who gives a shit what your local cops and mayors to say nothing of your cartoon of a president say about law/order if inarguably technologically supreme beings are up there, right now?

Old 04-30-2020, 10:12 AM   #159
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
that's a hell of a way to dox Corgan's Bluff

Old 04-30-2020, 10:21 AM   #160
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Look at what they've done to you. I'm so sorry. You must be dead. I... I
didn't know how to feel. I can't feel anything anymore. You've gone
someplace else now. E.T., I love you.

Old 04-30-2020, 10:22 AM   #161
run2pee
Minion of Satan

“Silly or discredited”

That’s what i’m really trying to get at here ... it’s worth examining where these attitudes originate. It’s easy to read one thing, or watch one smug astrophysicist on tv laugh it off, but like ... lots and lots and lots of people are seeing lots and lots and lots of things. It’s certainly inconvenient that we don’t have peer reviewed studies on the phenomena, but it strikes me as a little callous to pile-on experiencers, or lump them in with hatemongers like David Icke, every time this topic comes up

Old 04-30-2020, 11:02 AM   #162
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Do you feel the US government is pressuring or paying off the world's scientific community to reject the idea of alien abductions? And, given what (as far as I can tell) has been a complete non-reaction from the general public in regard to the Navy UFO videos, how does that reconcile with the idea that the existence of aliens would cause a global panic? How would such a panic play out—what aspect of it would cause society to collapse, the world economy to tank, etc.?

Old 04-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #163
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
that's a hell of a way to dox Corgan's Bluff
I didn't name any names. You done it all by your lonesome.

Old 04-30-2020, 12:01 PM   #164
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Do you feel the US government is pressuring or paying off the world's scientific community to reject the idea of alien abductions? And, given what (as far as I can tell) has been a complete non-reaction from the general public in regard to the Navy UFO videos, how does that reconcile with the idea that the existence of aliens would cause a global panic? How would such a panic play out—what aspect of it would cause society to collapse, the world economy to tank, etc.?
The US government probably isn’t paying anyone to reject ideas — it’s more about who is not getting grant funds to do research. With regard to pressure, it’s public record. Look at Project Grudge, look at what happened to John Mack. You are not going to make any friends in the scientific community unless u toe the party line. Is there another area of scientific inquiry where we are so allergic to mere curiosity? Not that im aware of — and it’s by design

To be clear, i’m not personally convinced that the feared panic/collapse of society would even come to fruition, given changing public attitudes — and i’m sure those changing attitudes are a key reason why we have the pentagon confirming these videos are authentic.

In coming years i would wager we’ll see more disclosures like this one

Old 04-30-2020, 02:03 PM   #165
redbreegull

Lightbulb

people have been seeing monsters, demons, fairies, ghosts, cryptids, quasi-humanoid figures, and lights in the sky for all of recorded history. shockingly, the nature of these stories changes to match the culture and time period of the witnesses. However, I'm sure it's just a coincidence that extraterrestrial encounters became a serious and widely-reported phenomenon around the time that human technology first allowed us to kiss the upper layers of our atmosphere and realize that travel beyond our planet was truly possible. it's not like our society developed any sort of psychological complex about alien life in the late 40s-60s as we explored beyond earth or anything, and it's definitely not comparable to how people used to see demons when the Church was filling people's heads with stories and imagery of demons either.

furthermore, human memory is very very reliable and there are definitely not any known cases of group delusions, hallucinations, or psychosis which perpetuated through shared sociological biases or mental preoccupations. it's not like eyewitnesses in murder trials have ever falsely identified the killer beyond a shadow of a doubt in their minds just because of the color of the person's skin. this kind of thing just doesn't occur because human memory is like a videotape and is infallible and never fails to reflect reality because of trauma, bias, mental illness, or anything else.

on top of that, it is no way unreasonable or outside scientific thinking to take unexplained phenomena and apply an explanation with no physical corroborating evidence whatsoever, because if enough people report the same sort of thing, it must be because it's true and not because of shared psychological factors and narratives in the social ether.

Old 04-30-2020, 02:04 PM   #166
redbreegull

also if scientists were funded to research alien abductions, they could totally do that because there is... so much.... quantifiable evidence....

Old 04-30-2020, 02:13 PM   #167
redbreegull

like off the top of my head I can think of at least dozens if not hundreds of controlled and repeatable experiments scientists could do with eyewitness testimony

Old 04-30-2020, 02:15 PM   #168
redbreegull

also what's with those fuckers at SETI actually looking for physical evidence of intelligent alien life instead of just interviewing a bunch of people who say they got probed? what is with that?

Old 04-30-2020, 02:41 PM   #169
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
people have been seeing monsters, demons, fairies, ghosts, cryptids, quasi-humanoid figures, and lights in the sky for all of recorded history. shockingly, the nature of these stories changes to match the culture and time period of the witnesses. However, I'm sure it's just a coincidence that extraterrestrial encounters became a serious and widely-reported phenomenon around the time that human technology first allowed us to kiss the upper layers of our atmosphere and realize that travel beyond our planet was truly possible. it's not like our society developed any sort of psychological complex about alien life in the late 40s-60s as we explored beyond earth or anything, and it's definitely not comparable to how people used to see demons when the Church was filling people's heads with stories and imagery of demons either.

furthermore, human memory is very very reliable and there are definitely not any known cases of group delusions, hallucinations, or psychosis which perpetuated through shared sociological biases or mental preoccupations. it's not like eyewitnesses in murder trials have ever falsely identified the killer beyond a shadow of a doubt in their minds just because of the color of the person's skin. this kind of thing just doesn't occur because human memory is like a videotape and is infallible and never fails to reflect reality because of trauma, bias, mental illness, or anything else.

on top of that, it is no way unreasonable or outside scientific thinking to take unexplained phenomena and apply an explanation with no physical corroborating evidence whatsoever, because if enough people report the same sort of thing, it must be because it's true and not because of shared psychological factors and narratives in the social ether.
Quote:
also if scientists were funded to research alien abductions, they could totally do that because there is... so much.... quantifiable evidence....
Quote:
like off the top of my head I can think of at least dozens if not hundreds of controlled and repeatable experiments scientists could do with eyewitness testimony
Quote:
also what's with those fuckers at SETI actually looking for physical evidence of intelligent alien life instead of just interviewing a bunch of people who say they got probed? what is with that?
Lol u smug fucker

So what’s in the videos, then

And what did your parents see? Any ideas?

Old 04-30-2020, 02:45 PM   #170
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Lol u smug fucker

So what’s in the videos, then

And what did your parents see? Any ideas?
something else. it's ok to say this is a phenomenon we can't explain

Old 04-30-2020, 02:45 PM   #171
redbreegull

just because we can't explain something doesn't mean it must be this specific narrative there is no evidence for because it's exciting. it's possible aliens are coming here and fucking with military pilots, but because there is no evidence for that narrative, it's literally just a wild conjecture that is psychologically satisfying because we love the idea of aliens

Old 04-30-2020, 02:56 PM   #172
redbreegull

when the James Webb telescope finally goes into space, it will be able to focus in on planets in other solar systems and take measurements of their atmospheres which could help us determine not only if life could exist there, but if life DOES exist there. that's something to actually get excited about. if life is common in the universe, at least simple life, we could seriously start to get definitive answers in the next decade. that's hard to wrap my head around and incredibly thrilling.

Old 04-30-2020, 03:08 PM   #173
redbreegull

and in other mixed-feelings space news, Bezos and Musk just won contracts to land NASA astronauts on the moon in about 4 years. get ready for some truly incredible photographs and experiments and also for amazon to start advertising from the surface of the moon

Old 04-30-2020, 03:38 PM   #174
FoolofaTook

breeg pls

Old 04-30-2020, 03:40 PM   #175
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
just because we can't explain something doesn't mean it must be this specific narrative there is no evidence for because it's exciting. it's possible aliens are coming here and fucking with military pilots, but because there is no evidence for that narrative, it's literally just a wild conjecture that is psychologically satisfying because we love the idea of aliens
Nobody said it had to be a specific narrative

What i hear u saying is “it’s ok to say it’s unexplained” well ok, thanks for your permission — yet i still detect a vehement sort of antipathy toward a particular hypothesis ... all i’m asking is: where does that peculiar, sarcastic sort of attitude come from? Why the hostility to a simple suggestion?

The extraterrestrial hypothesis actually has some things going for it, including simple economy of factors...yet i am supposed to join u all in shouting OMG CANT BE ALIENS MUST BE ... UH ... SOMETHING, ANYTHING ELSE

If u think im trying to get u to say “ok you’re right it’s aliens” sorry that’s my fault for not being clear, i’m less trying to push a particular explanation than i am exceedingly curious at the widespread hostility toward a simple idea

Old 04-30-2020, 03:59 PM   #176
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Now let’s turn the tide of the convo shall we

As esteemed boarder Shallowed points out, we have yet, as a forum, begun to dissect these videos and offer our thoughts/dreams on just what they might show

So come on u dummies/jr scientists. Give us all u got, and answer the burningest of questions:

WOT IZZIT THEN

Old 04-30-2020, 04:07 PM   #177
redbreegull

it's an untestable hypothesis with no quantifiable evidence

Old 04-30-2020, 04:20 PM   #178
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
it's an untestable hypothesis with no quantifiable evidence
Gosh you’re so fun thanks for your contribution to this fun as fuck thread, wow!

Old 04-30-2020, 04:24 PM   #179
redbreegull

well you have suggested that serious scientific work is not being done on alien abductions and UFO sightings because of where funding is directed. could you explain what scientists would actually be studying or researching if there were suddenly a huge grant of millions of dollars put into this topic?

The US government also actually has spent enormous amounts of cash on research into UFOs and unexplained phenomena in the past. Think about how long and extensive Blue Book and related efforts were, and the amount of resources that were put into them. Up until 2012 there were 20 million annual dollars going into a Pentagon program to better understand what I believe they they referred to as like "advanced aerial threats." So either the government is hiding evidence of aliens from us, or all these projects have ended basically the same way... there are lots of weird things that people see and other than the fact that we know people do see them, like from flight videos, no one knows what they are and no satisfactory explanation has come from any of the research

Last edited by redbreegull : 04-30-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Old 04-30-2020, 04:46 PM   #180
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
well you have suggested that serious scientific work is not being done on alien abductions and UFO sightings because of where funding is directed. could you explain what scientists would actually be studying or researching if there were suddenly a huge grant of millions of dollars put into this topic?
Sure thing, u could spend butt tons cash on a lotta fun stuff:

1) set up national, federally funded and monitored hotline for ufo sightings/reports, assign experienced investigators to follow up with the more credible cases, and have those cases sent to a board that meets in public and issues public reports as to their findings/conclusions
2) set up a national program to study, in an appropriately therapeutic setting, the abduction phenomena, including: clinical interviews, regular follow-up, any monitoring the patients might consent to

And this is less scientific of course but gosh it’d be nice, if there’s any millions left:

3) establish a national truth and reconciliation commission dedicated to collecting and celebrating the stories of ufo experiencers, while eradicating the cultural stigma and silencing of same