Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2020, 05:55 AM   #31
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Hmm… what if partisan trends in who uses mail-in absentee ballots aren't as strong as projected and aren't necessarily primarily blue?
I mean I think the Milwaukee city absentee results allowing Biden to overcome a 108,000 vote deficit and turn it into an 11,000 vote lead would seem to confirm that those trends are accurate

Old 11-04-2020, 05:56 AM   #32
Eulogy
huh

Apologies if I’m misstating where these are coming from, I’m trying to pay attention but also mindlessly scrolling through Twitter lol

Old 11-04-2020, 06:39 AM   #33
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

TOO LATE FOR APOLOGIES, EUGOOGLY

Old 11-04-2020, 07:08 AM   #34
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

so cnn has already been calling it 'election week', does this have any basis in reality?

most votes have been counted by now, yes? how come it will take so long to count the remaining votes?

explain the situation to a smelly foreigner

Old 11-04-2020, 07:14 AM   #35
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

they waiting for the fraudulent postal service to steal the elections from trump who has already won?

Old 11-04-2020, 08:12 AM   #36
Ram27
dumb

corgan should run for president in like 10 years

he has the trump reality distortion field perfected

Old 11-04-2020, 09:36 AM   #37
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Looks like a lot of white women still love Trump. 53% in 2016 and 55% in 2020.

Old 11-04-2020, 10:33 AM   #38
yo soy el mejor

if biden loses, hopefully the shmucks at the dnc get it through their fat heads shoving establishment candidates and an heir apparent down voters' throats isn't the best strategy or even a good one. they couldn't let the cream rise to the top and dnc officials were calling biden a potential front-runner before he even entered the race. haha

they did this to themselves, really. they must've known all along he wasn't going to handily defeat trump. yang was gaining a lot of support among ex-trump voters, but he was virtually shut out by the dnc. :[

Old 11-04-2020, 10:36 AM   #39
yo soy el mejor

all these white women voting for biden saying 'i just want to go back to when america was normal and we all loved each other as americans'. what?! when the fuck was that? they just want to go back to when racism was more institutionalized and behind the scenes and not so in your face. that may be enough for plenty of whites, but not for people who experience it.

still hate trump and his presidency and all his goons, though.

Old 11-04-2020, 10:52 AM   #40
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4b View Post
Trump is going to win
we got a trump "fan" over here

Old 11-04-2020, 11:36 AM   #41
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Here's a press conference that just ended from the Biden campaign, which explains where vote counting currently lies in each state not yet called. They think they will win Nevada, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Still 1.4 million votes in Pennsylvania yet to count. It's a concise methodical update, something I have not seen on any of the news networks this morning.
they think Trump will take North Carolina, and they're not counting on Georgia, but they think it's so close they could still win there

Old 11-04-2020, 12:24 PM   #42
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
so cnn has already been calling it 'election week', does this have any basis in reality?

most votes have been counted by now, yes? how come it will take so long to count the remaining votes?

explain the situation to a smelly foreigner
WI and PA and many other states are not allowed to start counting absentee ballots until polls close https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ail-in-ballots

Old 11-04-2020, 01:26 PM   #43
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
we got a trump "fan" over here
He's also a BC fan

Old 11-04-2020, 01:37 PM   #44
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I just listened to Michigan and Pennsylvania press conferences with public officials overseeing vote counts. Both states made clear that they had pleaded with their state legislatures to be allowed to start counting early votes prior to election day. But republican legislatures in both states explicitly didn't want that.

In USA every state can basically make their own rules. This is a constitutional remnant of Slavery. There is no fundamental constitutional right to vote in the USA. Everything from voting procedures to whether popular vote is even used to decide electors for presidency is controlled by individual states and is basically tradition.

It's "Election Week" because GOP politicians at State level make it take all week

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 11-04-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:30 PM   #45
Disco King
Minion of Satan

That's interesting, because it seems that the argument Republicans are telegraphing is that, even if individual states pass regulations or laws that allow an extension of voting or vote counting, those states' decisions go against the federal Constitution.

Conservatives love "state rights" until they don't.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:58 PM   #46
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Every election cycle all I hear is complaint about nearly every aspect of voting and determining the winner, and yet here we are scrambling again.

This is more a nail biter than I want it to be.

Old 11-04-2020, 04:14 PM   #47
Disco King
Minion of Satan

The fact that it isn't a landslide means that, even if Biden wins, we still have to contend with the fact that about half of Americans are just plain shitty people.

Old 11-04-2020, 04:21 PM   #48
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Talking

*half of Netphorians

Old 11-04-2020, 04:32 PM   #49
Disco King
Minion of Satan

True, I am half a plain shitty people

Old 11-04-2020, 04:47 PM   #50
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

But the other half? So much flavor!

Old 11-04-2020, 05:46 PM   #51
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ and Beer View Post
He's stealing it!

Old 11-04-2020, 07:36 PM   #52
yo soy el mejor

m1a0 fighting the power and being an ally, lol

Old 11-04-2020, 07:37 PM   #53
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Why are you like this

Old 11-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #54
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
if biden loses, hopefully the shmucks at the dnc get it through their fat heads shoving establishment candidates and an heir apparent down voters' throats isn't the best strategy or even a good one. they couldn't let the cream rise to the top and dnc officials were calling biden a potential front-runner before he even entered the race. haha

they did this to themselves, really. they must've known all along he wasn't going to handily defeat trump. yang was gaining a lot of support among ex-trump voters, but he was virtually shut out by the dnc. :[
I agree we need to run a leftist candidate but uh... he led in polls of voters for literally the entire primary. He had no traction until black people started voting. This is a lazy way to think about things. The DNC doesn’t vote.

Also plz don’t bring up Andrew yang.

Old 11-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #55
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
WI and PA and many other states are not allowed to start counting absentee ballots until polls close https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ail-in-ballots
Important to note that this is only because republican state legislatures refused to allow early counting because they wanted this exact situation to happen. Meaning if trump was clearly losing they could make up a bullshit argument saying it was illegitimate.

TLDR this country sucks

Old 11-04-2020, 09:54 PM   #56
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
he led in polls of voters for literally the entire primary.
name recognition, insane strategized media coverage on behalf of the dnc, being called a front-runner even before "entering the race". and a lack of media coverage for most other candidates will do that

Quote:
He had no traction until black people started voting. This is a lazy way to think about things. The DNC doesn’t vote.

Also plz don’t bring up Andrew yang.
agree to disagree

Quote:
The DNC doesn’t vote.
but they can certainly make a nominee happen

Old 11-04-2020, 10:59 PM   #57
Eulogy
huh

Lol the DNC does not create name recognition for a former Vice President of the United States. And I don’t think you can produce much evidence for your other claims. And no they cannot “make a nominee happen.” I was disappointed Bernie got his ass kicked again, but he got his ass kicked again.

The (admittedly unfortunate!) fact is that the Democratic Party is not a leftist party. I am hopeful that the last six years or whatever encourages its members to reanalyze what it is we need rather than what we think will appeal to “moderate republicans.”

But the whole “dnc rigs primaries” thing is easily disproven and kind of dumb and ignores the work that needs to be done to convince actual voters that leftism isn’t scary.

My two cents neway

Old 11-04-2020, 11:01 PM   #58
Eulogy
huh

And it does seem suuuuper condescending to claim that people who voted for Biden were just tricked by the DNC but I think those arguments have happened here before so whatever.

Old 11-04-2020, 11:11 PM   #59
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

I think there was a much stronger case for the DNC rigging primaries in 2016. A lot of that crap got changed a result of 2016 (primary order, superdelegates, etc.). In 2020, young people just didn't show up. And there were more candidates and in '16 people just haaaaated Hillary.

With you on everything else, though

Old 11-04-2020, 11:43 PM   #60
Eulogy
huh

Iirc primary order had been in place for many cycles prior to 2016

An understandable beef would be the selection of debate dates. That did suck but since when did people choose candidates based on debates.

Hillary beat Bernie worse than Barack beat Hillary. Superdelegates didn’t have a hand in either race. But yeah it’s a useless thing to have.

The party is bad and dumb which is why I think it’s laughable anyone would think they’re capable of rigging anything.