Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 03-22-2021, 08:51 AM   #1
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Default An interview with Jimmy Chamberlin

Jimmy talks about CYR, Zeitgeist, his influences, favourite albums etc. It's a long interview so I won't copy and paste it.

https://vinylwritermusic.com/an-inte...hing-pumpkins/

Old 03-22-2021, 12:51 PM   #2
Ram27
dumb

i've clearly read too many of these because they all start to sound the same. people ask the same questions and he's figured out his answers

Old 03-22-2021, 05:17 PM   #3
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

Agree. I mean it must be boring to answer the generic "how did you get into drumming kind of questions" for the 1000th time. I mean there isn't much to add is there is there at this point, after tell the same story for 30 years... You would think one of these days the journalist would bypass this kind of stuff and move on to a bit more of nuanced conversation. Maybe, I don't know, one of these days people will ask about the creative process for his parts and the songs n stuff. I mean give us a case study on a couple of songs or something. How did you approach x or y. Did you go through a bunch of iterations on a theme. etc. etc. I dunno, there's loads of stuff you could ask that isn't so repetitive...

Old 03-22-2021, 08:47 PM   #4
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Huh, maybe im just not as immersed in the jim chimbs side of the interviews but i thought the bit about the “emotional destination of the song” was nice and something every friekin aspiring musician ought to contemplate

Old 03-22-2021, 09:43 PM   #5
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Huh, maybe im just not as immersed in the jim chimbs side of the interviews but i thought the bit about the “emotional destination of the song” was nice and something every friekin aspiring musician ought to contemplate
hahaha yeah that's what he talks about in every interview. you're very right tho - maybe it's because no one else has figured that out. it's why jimmy's parts are [usually] so pleasant to listen to. so many drummers play a beat on the hihat when the guitar is so lively and open, for example