Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
Order 66
Socialphobic

Question is michonne part chinese?

i never read the book, but i was wondering why somebody "urban" would be such a skilled samurai. is this ever explained?

Old 02-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
Eulogy
huh

show fucking sucks

Old 02-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
Order 66
Socialphobic

carl is starting to resemble carol now. thier face is almost identical.. like they're their own race of elven people or something

Old 02-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #4
Order 66
Socialphobic

how much you wanna bet amc just milks the fuck out of this show until it becomes something like True Blood where people are like "wait, that show still comes on?" then you find out its on its 12th season and about to be cancelled

Old 02-24-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

it became like true blood when they spent an entire season at that fucking farm house because budget cuts

Old 02-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #6
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
how much you wanna bet amc just milks the fuck out of this show until it becomes something like True Blood where people are like "wait, that show still comes on?" then you find out its on its 12th season and about to be cancelled
obvs

i mean i know people who still give a shit

i tell them not to but they think i am wrong

Old 02-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #7
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

OMGZ ZOMBIEHS AER TEH BEORST

Old 02-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #8
Order 66
Socialphobic

seriously though, it's a good show... or "good" relative to a lot of dreck out there. or, at the very least, it draws from good source material.

but the budget cuts on the second season were downright laughable, the writing from season to season is pretty checkered, and i really can see them digging this to the ground with diminished returns, especially now they're prepping a spinoff

it deserves to go out with dignity (not that its going to end any time soon). but it probs wont

Old 02-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #9
Banana
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
i never read the book, but i was wondering why somebody "urban" would be such a skilled samurai. is this ever explained?

Yeah like two episodes ago they showed he flashback and she was cutting melons or some shit with that sword for her bf and his friend. She was just very good in the kitchen and would use that sword during her kitchen shit.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:06 PM   #10
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

TWD is a good cheap thrill for about 3 minutes until you see there's no real substance. What that says about television ratings and stupidity en masse I have no idea

Old 02-24-2014, 09:12 PM   #11
Order 66
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
Yeah like two episodes ago they showed he flashback and she was cutting melons or some shit with that sword for her bf and his friend. She was just very good in the kitchen and would use that sword during her kitchen shit.
well each race has their own fighting class but michonne's still doesn't match up. for example daryl and rick are very stealthy and use guns sparingly. t-dog and tyreese take on zombies like a bunch of sports thugs. you'd think michonne would be the same say with but she fights like glen and other chinese who employ more cerebral and tactical combat techniques